Posting Consecutive Comments

« Older   Newer »

1. CaroLiza_fan
        +1   -1

User deleted

How do you post consecutive comments?

I have been trying to post 2 separate comments in the same thread. But whenever I try to post the second comment, the ForumFree software automatically merges it into the previous comment.

A few days ago, I did manage to post 2 consecutive comments in another thread. The difference is that there was a 5 hour gap between posting the 2 comments!

I do not want to wait that long this time. So, does anybody know how long you have to leave it between posting each comment to avoid them getting merged into one comment?

Grazie

CaroLiza_fan

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I am sorry I don't know exactly how many time you have to wait but I'm sure it is less than 5 hours!

For example here, the gap between the two consecutive post is twenty minutes, so I guess this is the time you have to wait, but it could be even less.

When the staff has to post two consecutive comment we use a trick: first we write the post in a thread in the Staff area and then we move that post to the other thread, but unfortunately simple users can't do that, I'm sorry :( .

3. CaroLiza_fan
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Wolfie @ 9/8/2015, 16:19) 
    I am sorry I don't know exactly how many time you have to wait but I'm sure it is less than 5 hours!

For example here, the gap between the two consecutive post is twenty minutes, so I guess this is the time you have to wait, but it could be even less.

When the staff has to post two consecutive comment we use a trick: first we write the post in a thread in the Staff area and then we move that post to the other thread, but unfortunately simple users can't do that, I'm sorry :( .

Grazie Mille Wolfie!

I'll post the first message again now, and then try posting the second in about 10 minutes.

And hopefully nobody will notice that the second message (the main part!) is missing in the meantime...! :P

CaroLiza_fan

4. CaroLiza_fan
        +1   -1

User deleted

Just tried it, and it turned out that 10 minutes was not enough.

I am posting this comment now to see if 15 minutes after the previous post is enough.

EDIT: 15 minutes was long enough!!! :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    You just posted two separate messages here in less than 20 and more than 15! 15 seems to be enough!

6. CaroLiza_fan
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Wolfie @ 9/8/2015, 16:45) 
    You just posted two separate messages here in less than 20 and more than 15! 15 seems to be enough!

Yep, but it didn't work there now when I tried it again in Jenna's thread (16 minutes after posting my previous message).

However, after my unsuccessful attempt at posting the second message after 10 minutes, I edited the new part out of the post.

So, perhaps the 15 minute clock gets reset every time you edit the post.

I'll try again just after the hour (just over 15 minutes after the last time I edited the post).

Oh, it's fun experimenting! :D

CaroLiza_fan

Edited by CaroLiza_fan - 9/8/2015, 16:53

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Oh, it's fun experimenting! :D

LOL

8. CaroLiza_fan
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yippee!!! It worked!!!! :groupwave.gif:

So, that is it confirmed. You can post a consecutive post 15 minutes after the last edit to your previous post.

See, it is fun experimenting! Especially when it results in you learning something new! ;) :D

(Sorry for the delay in relaying the results of my experiment. I was watching a very dramatic Moto3 race from Indianapolis! :D )

CaroLiza_fan

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! :lol:

Thank you, I've learnt something I didn't know today!

8 replies since 9/8/2015, 14:54   142 views