Britney SIMPSON / Matthew BLACKMER (USA)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Full name: Britney Simpson
    Country represented: United States
    Born: May 5, 1996; Denver, Colorado
    Residence: Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Height: 1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)
    Partner: Matthew Blackmer
    Former partner: Nathan Miller
    Coach: Dalilah Sappenfield, Laureano Ibarra
    Choreographer: Dalilah Sappenfield
    Former choreographer: Zuzanna Szwed
    Skating club: Broadmoor SC
    Began skating: 2001

Full name: Nathan Miller
    Country represented: United States
    Born: July 18, 1988; Little Rock, Arkansas
    Home town: Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
    Partner: Britney Simpson
    Former partner: Claire Davis, Ashlee Brown
    Coach: Dalilah Sappenfield, Laureano Ibarra
    Choreographer: Dalilah Sappenfield
    Skating club: Broadmoor SC

WBgdEm6I

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    QUALIFICATI PER LA FINALE DEL JGP 2011

4 B. SIMPSON / M. BLACKMER (USA) - ISU JGP Tallinn Cup 2011 Junior Pairs Short Program
    Video

11 B. SIMPSON / M. BLACKMER (USA) - ISU JGP Tallinn Cup 2011 Junior Pairs Free Skating
    Video

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    JUNIOR WORLDS 2012
    Britany Simpson/Matthew Blackmer (USA) after the Pairs final
    425193_369276553097292_255007411190874_1313583_1385613624_n

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Golden Skate dedica a loro un articolo.

Simpson and Blackmer encouraged by early success

simpson_blackmer
    It was a little more than a year ago when 15-year-old Britney Simpson became figure skating’s version of a free agent. The Denver native was fresh off a debut on the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating with pairs partner Nathan Miller, and the duo was about to make their senior debut at the 2011 U.S. Championships in Greensboro, N.C.
    As the championships approached, Miller announced his intention to move on from competitive skating, abandoning the bye that he and Simpson earned to compete in Greensboro, and preserving Simpson’s eligibility to skate once again on the junior level domestically.
    With her season coming to a close, Simpson turned her focus to finding a new boy with whom to skate. She knew that she wanted to continue to gain invaluable experience on the junior level, so it was necessary to find an appropriate partner who still had junior age eligibility. Coach Dalilah Sappenfield suggested 20-year-old Matthew Blackmer.
    “I watched his video online, and I thought that he had a lot of potential,” Simpson recalled. “I noticed his connection to music and that his skills were good.”
    Sappenfield contacted a former coach of Blackmer’s who helped to set up a try out.
    “I couldn’t believe that Britney wanted to skate with me,” Blackmer said. “She had much more experience than I did, and I was kind of surprised that she knew who I was.”
    Blackmer made the trip from the Detroit area to Colorado Springs, Simpson’s training base for the try out, and the rest is history.
    “Our stroking and skating skills were very similar,” Simpson said. “Even our posture, which is hard to develop, was there. We kind of just let the skating take over in the try out.”
    Blackmer noticed immediately that Simpson was ambitious—a contributing factor to his decision in forming the partnership.
    “We were looking for the same thing from skating,” he explained. “I noticed how dedicated and very disciplined she is. She was committed to doing her best.”
    Blackmer decided to relocate immediately from his training base in Michigan to join forces with Simpson under the tutelage of Sappenfield and her son/assistant coach Laureano Ibarra.
    “I am the oldest of four, and I was the first to leave home,” Blackmer said. “I’m more than 2000 miles away from my family, but it has been worth the sacrifice.”
    Simpson and Blackmer immediately began preparations for the 2011-12 season, and soon found themselves entered into some of the biggest summer competitions. Strong showings at Skate Detroit and the Indy Challenge landed the duo on the International Selection Pool, and when it came time for Junior Grand Prix appointments, Simpson and Blackmer learned that they had been selected to skate in the event in Gdansk, Poland.
    “We weren’t expecting a whole lot other than to skate our best,” Simpson recalled. “Of course we were excited to be there so early in our partnership, but we didn’t put too much pressure on ourselves. We just wanted to skate our programs and show everyone what we could do.”
    Simpson and Blackmer won the competition by more than eight points over the silver medalists, and earned a second assignment to skate in Tallinn, Estonia, as a result.
    “We went into Poland with open minds, and really didn’t have any expectations of placement,” Blackmer said. “We learned that every competition is different, and we didn’t want to put extra pressure on ourselves to repeat what we had just accomplished.”
    Simpson and Blackmer followed the win up with a silver medal in Estonia, capturing a spot in the Junior Grand Prix Final, and also learned a few things along the way.
    “It was an okay event for us,” Blackmer admitted, regarding Estonia. “We made a couple of mistakes in the long program, but we took away a lot of experience on how to handle competition. We went in with some expectations after Poland, and we learned that we have to focus on enjoying the skating rather than the results. That gets you in trouble.”
    In December at the Final in Quebec City, Simpson and Blackmer captured the bronze medals with their highest scores of the season, setting themselves up as favorites for the junior title at the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in San Jose.
    “In Quebec City, we learned that we can compete how we train,” Simpson said. “We knew how we needed to train so that we could perform each program at our best.”
    Blackmer added, “We were not predicted to medal, so we focused on two clean performances, and it worked for us.”
    The big test came in San Jose when they competed head to head with some familiar faces—four of the top six teams came from the Sappenfield-Ibarra stable of competitors in Colorado Springs. In the end, Simpson and Blackmer settled for the silver medals behind teammates Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier.
    “It was a little bit of a roller coaster ride,” Blackmer said. “Originally we were in first place after the short program, but there was a scoring error that put us in third. It motivated us to throw down a great long program. No matter what, we did what we could do.”
    Though disappointed to not come away with the title, Simpson and Blackmer were certainly proud of their teammates.
    “It’s always great to be on a podium,” Simpson said. “The top three teams all train in the Springs, and it was exciting to be named to the Junior Worlds team with our friends and training mates.”
    Earlier this month, Simpson and Blackmer joined their teammates in Minsk, Belarus, for their first trip to the Junior World Figure Skating Championships. The duo finished in 10th place.
    “The experience was more than I had ever hoped for,” Blackmer said. “I knew the majority of the team, and it was so much fun to travel with them. We couldn’t have asked for a better team.”
    “It wasn’t our best competition by far,” Blackmer continued. “I guess we felt a little bit of pressure because we did so well early in the season. We had high expectations, and that lead to us hoping to repeat our success which really wasn’t what we needed to do.”
    Following the competition, Simpson and Blackmer became aware of whisperings that perhaps the partnership had run its course, and that the size differential between the two skaters was not great enough to continue.
    “We’re aware of our size difference, and some say that is the cause for the lack of difficulty in our programs,” said the 5’10″ Blackmer. “Britney is 5’3″, and since Junior Worlds, we started training triple Salchows. We’re also continuing to work on the triple twist and have upgraded our lifts to level four. We were top ten at Junior Worlds in our first season together. If someone told us at the beginning of the season that we would accomplish that, we would have thought that they were crazy.”
    For next season, Simpson and Blackmer have decided to stay ’100 percent junior’, and hope to compete on the Junior Grand Prix circuit again.
    “We want to win the U.S. title and make the Junior Grand Prix Final,” Blackmer explained. “Who wouldn’t want to compete at the Olympics test event in Sochi? We also want to get back to Junior Worlds and improve our ranking.”
    Outside of skating, Simpson is quite busy keeping up with her school work—she attends school full time taking classes in math, English, science, and Spanish. Meanwhile, she also takes two online classes.
    Simpson often volunteers in her mother’s special needs classrooms, and has earned numerous volunteer service awards. Additionally, she was named Colorado’s Most Promising Athlete in 2010 and the 2011 Colorado Figure Skater of the Year.
    Blackmer, who is fluent in Russian, is a high school graduate who is currently working as a server at a popular resort in Colorado Springs. Though he began college while still attending high school, he is currently focusing strictly on figure skating. Blackmer hopes to continue his studies in Biology this fall at a local college in the Colorado Springs area.

Traduzione:
    E 'stato un po' più di un anno fa, quando 15-year-old Britney Simpson è diventata la versione pattinaggio di figura di un agente libero. Il nativo di Denver era fresco di debutto sulla Grand Prix ISU di pattinaggio di figura con il partner coppie Nathan Miller, e il duo stava per fare il loro debutto senior del 2011 campionati degli Stati Uniti a Greensboro, Carolina del Nord
    Come i campionati si avvicinava, Miller ha annunciato la sua intenzione di passare dal pattinaggio competitivo, abbandonando il bye che lui e Simpson guadagnato per competere in Greensboro, e preservare l'ammissibilità Simpson a pattinare ancora una volta a livello nazionale juniores.
    Con la sua prossima stagione al termine, Simpson rivolto la sua attenzione alla ricerca di un nuovo ragazzo con cui pattinare. Sapeva che voleva continuare ad acquisire una preziosa esperienza a livello juniores, quindi era necessario trovare un partner adeguato, che aveva ancora ammissibilità giovane età. Coach Dalilah Sappenfield suggerito di 20 anni, Matteo Blackmer.
    "Ho guardato il suo video online, e ho pensato che aveva un grande potenziale", ha ricordato Simpson. "Ho notato il suo legame con la musica e che le sue abilità erano buoni."
    Sappenfield contattato un ex allenatore della Blackmer è chi ha contribuito a creare un try out.
    "Non potevo credere che Britney voleva pattinare con me," ha detto Blackmer. "Ha avuto molta più esperienza di me, ed ero un po 'sorpreso che sapeva chi ero."
    Blackmer fatto il viaggio dalla zona di Detroit a Colorado Springs, base di addestramento Simpson per la prova, ed il resto è storia.
    "Il nostro carezze e pattinaggio competenze erano molto simili," Simpson ha detto. "Anche la nostra postura, che è difficile da sviluppare, c'era. Noi sorta di lasciare che il pattinaggio subentrare nel provare. "
    Blackmer notato subito che Simpson era ambizioso, un fattore che contribuisce alla sua decisione nel formare il partenariato.
    "Stavamo cercando la stessa cosa da pattinaggio", ha spiegato. "Ho notato con quale dedizione e lei è molto disciplinato. E 'stata impegnata a fare del suo meglio. "
    Blackmer deciso di trasferire immediatamente dalla sua base di addestramento nel Michigan per unire le forze con Simpson sotto la tutela di Sappenfield e di suo figlio / assistente allenatore Laureano Ibarra.
    "Io sono il più antico dei quattro, e sono stato il primo a lasciare a casa", ha detto Blackmer. "Sono più di 2000 miglia di distanza dalla mia famiglia, ma ne è valsa il sacrificio."
    Simpson e Blackmer subito iniziato i preparativi per la stagione 2011-12, e ben presto si trovarono entrato in alcune delle più grandi competizioni estive. Proiezioni forti a Skate Detroit e la sfida Indy ha sbarcato il duo del Pool International Selection, e quando è arrivato il momento per appuntamenti Junior Grand Prix, Simpson e Blackmer appreso che erano stati selezionati per pattinare nel caso in Danzica, Polonia.
    "Non ci aspettavamo un bel po 'diverso da quello di pattinare del nostro meglio", ha ricordato Simpson. "Naturalmente siamo entusiasti di essere lì così presto nella nostra collaborazione, ma non abbiamo messo troppa pressione su noi stessi. Volevamo solo a pattinare i nostri programmi e mostrare a tutti quello che potevamo fare ".
    Simpson e Blackmer vinto il concorso di oltre otto punti sulle medaglie d'argento, e si guadagnò una seconda assegnazione a pattinare a Tallinn, Estonia, come un risultato.
    "Siamo andati in Polonia con mente aperta, e in realtà non aveva alcuna aspettativa di collocamento", ha detto Blackmer. "Abbiamo imparato che ogni gara è diversa, e noi non vogliamo mettere ulteriore pressione su noi stessi a ripetere quello che avevamo appena compiuto."
    Simpson e Blackmer seguito la vittoria con una medaglia d'argento in Estonia, catturando un posto nel Gran Prix Junior Finale, e anche imparato alcune cose lungo la strada.
    "E 'stato un evento va bene per noi", ha ammesso Blackmer, per quanto riguarda l'Estonia. "Abbiamo fatto un paio di errori nel programma lungo, ma abbiamo preso via un sacco di esperienza su come gestire la concorrenza. Siamo andati con alcune aspettative dopo la Polonia, e abbiamo imparato che dobbiamo concentrarci di godere il pattinaggio piuttosto che i risultati. Che si mette nei guai. "
    Nel mese di dicembre presso la finale a Quebec City, Simpson e Blackmer catturato le medaglie di bronzo con i loro punteggi più alti della stagione, porsi come favoriti per il titolo junior negli Stati Uniti 2012 di pattinaggio figura in San Jose.
    "In Quebec City, abbiamo imparato che possiamo competere come ci alleniamo," Simpson ha detto. "Abbiamo saputo che dovevamo formare in modo da poter eseguire ogni programma al meglio."
    Blackmer ha aggiunto, "Non sono stati previsti a medaglia, quindi ci siamo concentrati su due spettacoli puliti, e ha funzionato per noi."
    La grande prova è venuto a San Jose quando hanno gareggiato testa a testa con una certa familiarità faces-quattro delle prime sei squadre provenivano dalla Sappenfield-Ibarra stabile di concorrenti a Colorado Springs. Alla fine, Simpson e Blackmer optato per le medaglie d'argento alle spalle i compagni di squadra Haven Denney e Brandon Frazier.
    "E 'stato un po' una corsa sulle montagne russe", ha detto Blackmer. "All'inizio eravamo al primo posto dopo il programma corto, ma c'era un errore di punteggio che ci ha messo al terzo posto. Ci motivati ​​a buttare giù un grande programma lungo. Non importa cosa, abbiamo fatto quello che potevamo fare ".
    Anche se deluso di non venire via con il titolo, Simpson e Blackmer erano certamente orgogliosi dei loro compagni di squadra.
    "E 'sempre bello essere su un podio," Simpson ha detto. "Le prime tre squadre di tutti i treni nelle sorgenti, ed è stato emozionante essere nominato alla squadra Junior Worlds con i nostri amici e compagni di formazione."
    All'inizio di questo mese, Simpson e Blackmer unito i loro compagni di squadra a Minsk, in Bielorussia, per il loro primo viaggio in Junior World Figure Skating Championships. Il duo concluso al 10 ° posto.
    "L'esperienza è stata più di quanto avessi mai sperato", ha detto Blackmer. "Sapevo che la maggior parte della squadra, ed è stato molto divertente per viaggiare con loro. Noi non avremmo potuto chiedere una squadra migliore ".
    "Non era la nostra migliore gara di gran lunga," Blackmer continuato. "Credo che ci siamo sentiti un po 'di pressione perché abbiamo fatto così bene all'inizio della stagione. Avevamo grandi aspettative, e che portano a noi sperando di ripetere il nostro successo che in realtà non era quello che dovevamo fare ".
    Dopo il concorso, Simpson e Blackmer è venuta a conoscenza di sussurri che forse la partnership aveva fatto il suo corso, e che il differenziale tra le due dimensioni pattinatori non era abbastanza grande per continuare.
    "Siamo consapevoli della nostra differenza di dimensioni, e alcuni dicono che è la causa per la mancanza di difficoltà nei nostri programmi", ha detto il "Blackmer 5'10. "Britney è 5'3", e dal Junior Worlds, abbiamo iniziato Salchows formazione triple. Stiamo inoltre continuando a lavorare sulla tripla torsione e di averli aggiornati i nostri impianti di risalita a livello quattro. Eravamo top ten ai Mondiali Junior nella nostra prima stagione insieme. Se qualcuno ci ha detto all'inizio della stagione che avremmo raggiungere questo obiettivo, avremmo pensato che fossero matti. "
    Per la prossima stagione, Simpson e Blackmer hanno deciso di rimanere '100 per cento Junior ', e sperare di competere sulla Grand Prix Junior del circuito nuovo.
    "Vogliamo vincere il titolo degli Stati Uniti e rendere il Junior Grand Prix Final", ha spiegato Blackmer. "Chi non vorrebbe competere ai test event Olimpiadi di Sochi? Vogliamo anche tornare a Junior Worlds e migliorare la nostra classifica. "
    Al di fuori di pattinaggio, Simpson è piuttosto trafficata tenere il passo con la sua scuola-lavoro frequenta a tempo pieno la scuola a prendere lezioni di matematica, inglese, scienze e spagnolo. Nel frattempo, si prende anche due lezioni on-line.
    Simpson spesso volontari in aule speciali esigenze della madre, e si è guadagnato numerosi premi per servizi di volontariato. Inoltre, è stata nominata atleta più promettente del Colorado nel 2010 e del 2011 Skater figura Colorado of the Year.
    Blackmer, che parla correntemente russo, è un diplomato di scuola superiore che sta attualmente lavorando come un server in una località famosa in Colorado Springs. Anche se ha iniziato all'università mentre ancora frequentano la scuola superiore, si sta attualmente concentrando strettamente pattinaggio di figura. Blackmer spera di continuare i suoi studi in Biologia questo autunno in una scuola locale nella zona di Colorado Springs.

3 replies since 17/10/2011, 10:03   492 views