« Older   Newer »

1. Elettra_dancer
        +1   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status

CITAZIONE
    Italy's Rhythmic Gymnastics HOPE for Paris 2024
    "My nickname is "Atomic Ant" because I was very little and I was able to "explode" like a bomb. Hence Atomic Ant. I hope to be given more nicknames but this one was a good fit and after so many years I'm still fond of it.
    "Volcano" was a word I personally chose as a senior, because I think a volcano is like me, it explodes and erupts like me when I'm on the floor.
    I like when on social media I'm called Volcano or when they say I'm stratospheric, or out of the ordinary, because it's nice to inspire many girls that practise our sport.

When I make a mistake during a performance, I want to finish it in the best way. A mistake doesn't define what you are and it's important to finish what you start. Of course, I feel bad when my exercise is over but I always try to redeem myself in the next one and achieve my next goal.

In my opinion it's not just about being fit and talented, but about being focused and strong mentally. A gymnast could be less gifted but with discipline and focus she can do well during a competition. So a strong mind and a strong character are more important than your physical abilities. I'm going to study psychology at university because I hope it can help me with my sport. RG is not only about talent but it's about being strong mentally. Without a strong focus you can't go anywhere.

Thanks to this gold medal in the AA (at the Worlds) I earned a quota Olympic pass for Italy. I imagine the OlympicGames a bit like the World Games I took part in this year. There's going to be a lot of sports, a nice atmosphere, and an amazing competition.

I'm aware that I did something historic for Italian gymnastics and others girls will look up at me in the future and when I retire I hope I can inspire them the same way my coach Julieta Cantaluppi did when I was a kid. And I hope they remember me as a super-hero! Is it alright?"

185 replies since 9/6/2016, 01:23   9641 views