Mariah BELL (USA)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    PROGRAMMI 2021-2022
    SP: Music from Lady Gaga's Chromatica (choreo: Adam Rippon, Cordero Zuckerman)
    FS: "Both Sides Now" - Joni Mitchell (choreo: Shae-Lynn Bourne)

Ha parlato dei nuovi programmi QUI (metto alcune citazioni)
    CITAZIONE
    […]

Her bold, electric short program is set to music from Lady Gaga's Chromatica album, while her free skate — "Both Sides Now," by Joni Mitchell — will showcase a more reflective and melodic skating style.

As a skater whose reputation is built around lyrical movements and bursts of joy conveyed on powerful crescendos, connecting with music has always been Bell's strength. So, when friend and coach Adam Rippon brought up the idea of a Chromatica mashup for a short program, she was immediately enthusiastic. The cut features a mix of instrumental tracks, sound effects and crowd favorites like "911" and "Rain on Me."

"There are beautiful swells of traditional skating music, which align with my typical style," Bell said. "But during the upbeat portion, there are a lot of Vogue-inspired gestures. As an ally to the LGBTQ+ community, I want to honor where the movements came from and the people who inspired it."

Fans of RuPaul's Drag Race are already vastly familiar with Voguing. Choreographer Cordero Zuckerman — also known to viewers as Denali Foxx — worked with Bell to pay homage to the Black trans women who invented staccato dance style in the 1970s. (Think: Madonna music video energy with exaggerated, tight upper body movements.)

"In this community, Voguing is a form of expression, an escape," Bell said. "So it's been a challenge to train, but incredibly empowering to pick music that's not only fun, but has such a rich history."

[…]

In stark contrast, Bell's free skate is darker and introspective, a window into how she's reflected on the highs and lows of her skating career.

"My short is fast and dynamic, while my free skate is drastically different, almost haunting," Bell said. "It's less about the music and more about how powerful her words are."

[…]

"This season, I want to show up, execute strong elements as consistently as possible and learn my programs so I can express how much they mean to me," Bell said. "But if I'm focusing on the now… Right now, I just feel good."

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    Oddio ho paura per Sp , guardando ai suoi vecchi programmi e la discutibile scelta musicale credo che verrà un mapazzone.

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Penso che il rischio che venga fuori un miscuglio senza né capo né coda ci sia tutto, soprattutto considerando che vogliono includere due canzoni + effetti sonori + altre tracce (non si sa nemmeno quante) in versione strumentale. Dobbiamo solo vedere come "amalgameranno" il tutto.
    Da un lato mi incuriosisce e mi fa piacere vedere canzoni pop on ice, dall'altro mi domando invece come verrà recepita dalla comunità LGBTQ+ e dalle donne trans nere questa sua volontà di omaggiarle tramite il "voguing"…

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    Guarda già il “voguing “ sono movimento stile modelli in posa che si muovono e cambiano... non sono come lo trasporteranno sul ghiaccio.
    Ma poi a parte 911 , Rain on Me sul serio? Utilizzarlo come programma di gala pareva brutto?

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Qui una piccola sneak peek allo SP

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    :cold.gif: aiuto

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Mi piace, mi piacerebbe vedere anche Satoko su un programma così.

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Nuova anteprima video dello SP (di 1 minuto circa)

Essendo un IGTV è probabile che, nonostante l'incorporamento, vi reindirizzi su Instagram… sorry

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    NUOVO SP

Video

Ovviamente è una versione "incompleta" perché l'ha pattinato come esibizione finale ad un summer camp.

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    Se cadi o sei in ritardo con la musica è un incubo

11.     +3   +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Terrificante.

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    CITAZIONE (Ilya Muromets @ 21/6/2021, 17:25) 
    Terrificante.

All'americana vorrai dire, terrific stuff!

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    ho appena visto i programmi completi di questa stagione e si vede come questi sono le tracce che Rippon stesso vorrebbe pattinare lol. Vuole farla diventare un'icona lgbt del pattinaggio o boh, visto che il corto è stato pure coreografato da una drag queen di uno show televisivo

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Io trovo agghiaccianti i tagli musicali del corto. Lo trovo abbastanza una trashata :cold.gif: E aggiungendo una nota più frivola, non mi piace neanche il costume dello short con cui si è presentata alla Cranberry Cup. All'inizio pensavo fosse una tenuta d'allenamento qualunque >_<
    Il libero mi sembra già meglio ma, devo essere sincera… l'ho trovato piuttosto noioso.

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Mariah ha cambiato entrambi i programmi!

NUOVO SP
    "River Flows In You" by Yiruma
    Video

Invece come programma libero riproporrà quello su Hallelujah.

Da AnythingGOE:
    CITAZIONE
    “At Cranberry the judges mentioned that 'maybe this isn't the right vehicle for you' about my short program. I loved that one but I also love this one.”

Followed up that she’s brought back her free skate to ‘Hallelujah’.

“I was set to go to Asian Open, then the US skaters were pulled from that for safety concerns with COVID and there weren't any direct flights into Beijing.”

She adds if she doesn’t make the Grand Prix Final that she plans to compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb.

67 replies since 24/10/2015, 14:00   3252 views