Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    2014 WC

Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion Kaetlyn_Osmond_ISU_World_Figure_Skating_Champion

Edited by Wolfie - 15/4/2014, 18:18

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Hanno aperto una pista di pattinaggio titolandola con il suo nome O.o
    kaetlyn_osmond_ice_rink

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Alla faccia del costume!

Kaetlyn_Osmond_CS

4.     +2   +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Quale costume?
    XD

5. AllieLex
        +1   -1

User deleted

INFORTUNIO PER KAETLYN OSMOND

"La pattinatrice canadese Kaetyln Osmond è stata operata ieri dopo essersi infortunata ad un piede giovedì nel corso di una sessione di allenamento.
    Non si conoscono dinamiche dell'incidente ed effettiva gravità dell'infortunio, ma la notizia, divulgata in principio dall'entourage dell'atleta, è stata poi confermata dalla federazione canadese.
    A detta di Barb Macdonald, responsabile della comunicazione di Skate Canada, i tempi di recupero non sono al momento chiari. In ogni caso, la federazione rilascerà una nota ufficiale lunedì."

http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figureskati...r-kaetyn-osmond

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Povera Kaetyln... già lo scorso anno aveva subito un infortunio, e a causa di quello non aveva cominciato in forma la stagione, determinando il suo ritiro dal GP.
    Sembra troppo sfortunata...

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Kaetlyn Osmond dovrà passare almeno sei settimane senza allenamenti.
    La frattura del perone della gamba destra ha comportato l'operazione di venerdì, sabato la pattinatrice è stata dimessa.
    La conseguenza è il ritiro dalle tre gare alle quali era iscritta: Autumn Classic International, Skate Canada, Trophée Eric Bompard.
    Kaetlyn ha tenuto a rassicurare i fan: non vede l'ora di tornare sul ghiaccio e sicuramente difenderà il suo titolo ai Nazionali Canadesi di gennaio.

fonte: Skate Canada

Le sue parole:
    CITAZIONE
    “I really appreciate all the support I’ve received from our medical team at Skate Canada and at Misericordia. I’m obviously disappointed to miss the early part of the skating season, but I will look forward to getting back onto the ice and training again. I certainly hope to be competing in Kingston at the Canadian Tire National Skating Championships in January.”

8. AllieLex
        +1   -1

User deleted

Kaetlyn Osmond non gareggerà questa stagione
    Qui la notizia ufficiale data da Skate Canada

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Capisco la decisione... affrettare il recupero con due infortuni negli ultimi due anni potrebbe essere pericoloso, anche se mi dispiace... è così giovane, non meritava di passare una così brutta esperienza agonistica, solitamente queste cose succedono maggiormente quando si esce dai teen.

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ci chiedevamo di Kaetlyn, ecco alcuni tweet abbastanza recenti:

CITAZIONE

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Poverina, quante ne ha passate... un infortunio dietro l'altro.

Spero che riesca a rimettersi in sesto per la prossima stagione, dopo tutta la fatica fatta per recuperare.

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Da un tweet del 7 aprile:
    CITAZIONE
    Feels good to finally do a short program with triples in it :) Doesn't sound like much, but its the first clean short since august!!! :)

Il 23 aprile ha pubblicato su instagram un video in cui si vedono doppio Axel, triplo Salchow, triplo Toeloop, triplo Flip e triplo Lutz

CITAZIONE
    Feels like I'm flying again :)

Edited by Wolfie - 9/6/2015, 18:23

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Buon per lei, e finalmente... sembrava diventato un caso tragico, invece sembra in netta ripresa.

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Kaetlyn ci mostra orgogliosa i suoi progressi!

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Anonymous
    Articolo su Icenetwork

Il debutto stagionale di Kaetlyn avverrà a Skate Detroit giovedì sera!!!

Welcome back: Osmond returns after lost season

Kaetlyn Osmond can't say breaking her leg last September was a good thing. But when all is said and done, it could have been worse.

A fractured right fibula took away her 2014-15 season, but the two-time Canadian champion thinks the time off helped her gain longer-lasting benefits: better training habits and greater technical skills.

"I'm back to where I was, if not better," Osmond, 19, said. "Actually, I think I'm a lot better. My jumps have gotten better and my skating skills have gotten better."

Early in September 2014, Osmond was practicing choreography in Edmonton when she swerved to avoid another skater, caught an edge and fell. Surgery to stabilize the fracture kept her out of the rink until November; practicing jumps was off the table for some time even after returning to the ice.

Still, that didn't mean she and coach Ravi Walia, who has taught Osmond since she was 10, weren't hard at work.

"Since I wasn't able to do any of the big tricks, we really got into all of the technical work -- learning exactly how my body works, correcting any bad habits," Osmond said.

"I'm taking great comfort in the fact I still have three more years until the next Olympics to fully recover and compete," she continued. "I also needed a break. I had many injuries in the past couple of years, and I think I just needed a literal break of the leg to take long enough to heal everything else."

Osmond will compete for this first time in 16 months Wednesday evening, when she takes the ice for her short program at Skate Detroit in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

"I'm trying to get into at least a couple of summer competitions, to get back into competition mode and show my programs," she said.

Beyond the considerable physical healing, the the injury took a toll on her confidence and psyche. It took a while for her to get comfortable during training sessions -- to skate without looking over her shoulder.

"I had to fully commit to everything and get on the ice and not worry about the people around me," she said. "The injury happened because there was a fluke accident when someone was in my way. I had to let go of the fear. ... When I did, that made everything a million times better."

That happened, Osmond estimated, in March or April. After that, she discovered she could do some things better than she ever had before, including a triple loop. This season, the jump is in her free skate for the first time.

"I'm definitely a much better toe jumper than I am an edge jumper," she said. "Before the 2014 Olympics, I got my triple loop pretty consistent, but then I lost it. That's usual for me; I lose things for a while before I get them back. This year, I learned so much about how to keep my hips square and stay straight in the air and let my edges do the work, and not muscle every single jump."

Ask Osmond about her programs and her voice lights up. The routines -- a short program to Cyndi Lauper's version of "La Vie en Rose" and a free skate to an Astor Piazzolla tango medley -- were created by Lance Vipond and Pasquale Camerlengo, respectively.

"They were choreographed for last season, but I obviously never competed them, so I'm keeping them this year, which makes me happy because I got a head start," Osmond said.

"My short, I think, really shows off the non-hyper Kaetlyn. It's really the inner story of a love story, and hopefully it shows off my skating skills."

Osmond's free skate marks the first time that she has worked on a competitive program with a choreographer other than Vipond.

"The program is really fun, fast and dramatic," she said. "It just shows so many different sides of my skating and a whole bunch of movements I didn't even know I could do. ... It brings me closer to the crowd; I interact with [the audience] a little more."

A large senior ladies field will compete at Skate Detroit. Notable entries include Hannah Miller, who has two Grand Prix assignments this fall, as well as U.S. junior champion Bradie Tennell and Canadian junior champion Selena Zhao. Kazakhstan's Elizabet Tursynbaeva, who placed fourth at the 2015 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, will also be on hand.

It should be a good early-season test for Osmond, who can put some of the lessons she's learned into practice.

"The time off taught me a lot about myself and how I can approach skating without injuring myself further or damaging something because I'm not in the right mental space," she said. "I learned I can't just throw myself into jumps; I can't just jump onto the ice without a warm-up or not do a proper cool down afterward. I think I got stronger in many different ways."

124 replies since 6/3/2012, 13:26   4306 views