Administrator

Status
    Allenamenti a Boston

1512480_10151887473886342_190615847_n

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Caydee Denney is excited to be in the same city with her younger sister, fellow competitor Haven Denney, and sees her sibling as a helpful distraction from the pressures of trying to win a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team. "Having Haven here is like reuniting with my other half! This week is amazing for us because we get to through it together as sisters and best friends. We'll be hanging out and catching up," Caydee said.

Partner John Coughlin is just glad to be back on the national stage after missing last year's championships due to injury. "I'm really soaking up being back at this event. The U.S. Championships always feel like home for me, so I missed it more than anyone will ever know last year."

Coughlin's stress relief comes in the form of mentoring and being around the next generation of athletes. "I enjoy catching up with the young skaters; especially the pairs, and encouraging them on their journey. I remember people who I admired when I was an intermediate and novice skater who did that, and I want to leave a positive mark like they did."

Senior men's competitor, Sean Rabbitt, who qualified for nationals after overcoming ostietus pubis (inflammation of the pubic bone) had this to say about a shoulder injury that put his participation here in doubt:

"I dislocated it causing two fractures in my glenoid cavaity which is the cup that the humerus or arm bone rotates in. They also think I might have torn stuff but are awaiting an MRI when I home after the competition. I have to wear my sling 24/7 except when skating and probably will have to wear it another month, as well as taping it with kinesio tape to help stablize it. I injured it only a week and a half ago so Leading up to nationals I took a few days off and then tried to go about my normal training regimen."

Fonte: international figure skating

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nazionali USA 2014
    Video

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Dettagli e considerazioni sull'infortunio da icenetwork

CITAZIONE
    Ankle injury knocks Denney, Coughlin out of worlds
    Caydee Denney and John Coughlin, the reigning U.S. pairs bronze medalists, have withdrawn from the 2014 World Figure Skating Championships due to a right ankle injury to Denney. The world championships will take place March 24-30 in Saitama, Japan.
    Denney, 20, sustained the injury Wednesday in practice and is expected to resume training in 8-12 weeks.

"We're so devastated that we won't be able to represent the U.S. and skate for the wonderful Japanese fan base at worlds," Denney and Coughlin said. "Our preparation for this event has been fantastic, and we were looking forward to showcasing our hard work. We are thankful that Caydee will make a full recovery and that this won't affect our long-term goals.

"We are, as always, 100 percent behind Team USA and will be supporting our teammates every step of the way."
    Felicia Zhang and Nathan Bartholomay, first alternates to the U.S. world team, have accepted an invitation in Denney and Coughlin's place. The Florida-based duo most recently placed 12th at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games after winning the U.S. silver medal in January.

Denney and Coughlin, who won the U.S. pairs title in 2012, have battled various ailments over the past two seasons. The team missed the 2013 U.S. Championships after Coughlin tore a labrum in his left hip, and, as a result, were also sidelined during the 2013 World Championships.

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Caydee Denney e John Coughlin, campioni nazionali USA nel 2012, hanno deciso di non partecipare alla prossima stagione.
    La causa è il prolungarsi della riabilitazione per Caydee Denney (per infortunio alla caviglia destra in allenamento, poco prima della partenza per i Mondiali di Saitama).

John ha detto di voler sostenere la partner durante la terapia (di non cercare quindi un nuovo inizio formando una nuova coppia, n.d.r.), ricordando che lei aveva fatto altrettanto durante il suo infortunio.

Durante il periodo di pausa, la coppia pattinerà comunque negli show, e Coughlin lavorerà con la federazione pattinaggio USA come ambasciatore.

FONTE U.S. Figure Skating

CITAZIONE
    "After a lot of therapy, I am excited to take the next step of getting back on the ice beginning with performing in shows and eventually strengthening back to a competitive level," Denney said.
    "I am happy to be by Caydee's side during her recovery as she was so supportive of me during my time dealing with injury," Coughlin said.

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ma no che sfiga! Loro sono una coppia così elegante... speravo di vederli la prossima stagione!

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Infatti... io li avevo presi in simpatia quasi subito, mi era piaciuto il sentimento di modestia e di amore reciproco che gli circondava, oltre al fatto che esprimevano molto sul ghiaccio, per lo standard delle coppie.

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Al gala dei nazionali USA 2017

Denney%20Coughlin%202017%2BFigure%2BSkating%2BChampionships%2BDay%2B4%2BtxD-TEyrHRIx
    (Zimbio)

37 replies since 23/11/2011, 22:33   840 views