« Older   Newer »

1. Lalani
        +1   -1

User deleted

Intervista di Yan Han sui suoi nuovi programmi:
    http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5OTM0Mj...pinstalled=0#rd

con traduzione:

SP: sing sing sing
    Before going to Canada, Lori asked me to choose several music then we can discuss together. At the time, I chose Rhapsody in Blues which I have skated before, Singing in the Rain and the soundtrack of Fifty Shades of Grey. I never saw any figure skating program skated to Sing Sing Sing before. Actually, I didnt even know this music. Until, I saw the movie "Gone With the Bullets" starring Ge You(famous Chinese actor), I heard the music for the first time. I liked it immediately. Then I looked it up, it's Sing Sing Sing. Then I told Lori about it.
    Lori told me Jeffrey Buttle has skated to it before, usually, I am not inclined to use music others had skated before, plus it was a huge success for J_Butt at the time. But I think, time has changed, rules and technique also had relatively big change from before. So as the taste of the audience. Therefore, it does not matter (that J_Butt has skated to it before), I will have my own interpretation.
    it is written at 1930s. Due to Nazi repression. those young dance enthusiasts cannot dance publicly. They can only dance at a secret bar known only to themselves to release their inner depression. The style and movement of my program is quite similar to that era. old fashioned Jazz.
    Technically, the arrangement of my jumps does not change much. still, 4T, 3A, 3LZ-3T, except 3A, 3LZ-3T at the second half.

FS: Romeo and Juliet from soundtrack of 1996 movie
    I heard R&J music while Lori and I was watching a TV show at her home. We thought it was really good at the time. Then, Lori changed her mind. She wanna Zijun and I both skate to "Over the Rainbow", the idea of two programs made from one music. But, she listened to "Kissing you" again, and felt it is better.
    In the movie story, Romeo cannot find Juliet at the beginning, then they found each other and fell in love then separated. I think it's kinda like that. This story, although has been interpreted by many skaters before, but I think I am NOT acting the role of Romeo, Instead, I narrate this story from a spectator's perspective, therefore the ending of my program music edit is not that tragic. As a spectator to tell the story of love between two youth, is kinda Romantic isn't (or beautiful as he mentioned many times in the "a summer with Han" documentary)
    Technically, we added up to 2 quad, 2 3As, one of which is in the second half. All with difficult entry and on one leg.

64 replies since 1/7/2011, 21:53   929 views