Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Mah... sarà una scelta saggia debuttare ai Nazionali senza aver fatto nessuna gara prima?
    Solitamente il GP serve anche come "riscaldamento" in vista della seconda parte della stagione decisamente più importante... Ma se questo gioverà a Jeremy, ben venga!
    A me però dispiacerà non vederlo da subito!

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Risposta alla domanda: cosa si prova ad atterrare il primo salto quadruplo?
    CITAZIONE
    Jeremy Abbott: Quad
    I vividly remember landing the quad salchow the first time. It was my first year senior. It was at the Broadmoor Open, and there was a jumping competition. The rules were a little different then than they are now; we had three jumping passes with six total jumps. First, I did a triple-triple. Then you could do a double or triple axel, and then a triple or a quad. I went out and did a big double sal (on his first quad attempt). I had just started landing quads at the time. You only had two minutes to do all of this, and the whistle blew before I could try the quad again. Tom [Zakrajsek] talked the ref into letting me try another one, and I skated around the rink and nailed the quad salchow, and everyone in the stands was going crazy. I was really excited. I think they actually counted it, even though it was after the whistle.
    It's exhilarating, the feeling you get when you land something like that. You want to produce. You can feel it in the air and before you even land, and it's just a great feeling.

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    The Ice 2015