Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Skate America 2014

Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America Jeremy_Abbott_2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    E' finita... oltre ad aver coreografato lo short di Ashley Cain, Jeremy ha sta anche coreografando lo short di Shotaro Omori...
    Credo anch'io che si sia ormai ritirato... :cry.gif: :cry.gif: :cry.gif:

Consoliamoci con questo bel messaggio sull'Instagram di Shotaro

CITAZIONE
    My new short program this year is being choreographed by Jeremy Abbott! In our first lesson, he's already taught me so many things that I've never heard before. The last few months working with my coaches in LA along with my other mentors have really helped me to understand how much skating truly is your own art form that can always evolve in every direction. Working with Jeremy has been no exception to this as he tells me how to make world-class corrections and technique improvements. The way he sees skating and the way he skates himself is truly an art form too so to learn from him has been the best experience!
    Jeremy_Abbott_Shotaro_Omori

https://instagram.com/p/134XDrhUUW/

Edited by Wolfie - 25/4/2015, 10:47

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Ciò che mi rincresce, è che non sia mai riuscito a raggiungere il riconoscimento che meritava per le sue incredibili doti. Mi dispiace che l'ansia abbia sempre rovinato le sue performance.
    Ma non importa quante medaglie ha vinto, rimarrà sempre uno dei miei pattinatori preferiti.

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Era una garanzia di Arte, il pattinaggio sarà senza dubbio più povero dopo il suo ritiro.
    Comunque ricordiamo che non c'è ancora nulla di ufficiale.

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Esibizione veramente toccante!
    Video

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Ad un certo punto non capisco più se è lui o la musica a far calare quell'atmosfera.
    Poi provo a non guardare lui e ascoltare solo la musica, che non mi dice niente... Jeremy ha intessuto una vera e propria storia senza parole.

Lo ammiro molto.

7.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ho trovato questo video a dir poco GENIALE!
    A sinistra si vede lo short program di Skate America 2013, a destra quello di Sochi e ci si rende perfettamente conto di quanti elementi si è perso per strada durante il tempo che ha impiegato a rialzarsi dopo quella bruttissima caduta, la fatica che ha fatto per recuperarli sfruttando la musica fino all'ultimo secondo!
    Veramente chapeau Jeremy! Anche l'amorfo pubblico di Sochi gli fa una standing ovation!

Video

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    E notare che il pubblico si alza in piedi per due motivi completamente diversi.

Aggiungo credito alla sua performance delle Olimpiadi: non soltanto ha avuto il coraggio di continuare e la forza di non sbagliare nessun elemento dopo la bruttissima caduta, ma ha anche completato gli elementi tutti vicini fra loro, senza pause e respiri fra l'uno e l'altro.

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Jeremy Abbott non si ritira ancora! Prenderà la decisione difinitiva a giugno dipendentemente dall'andamento degli allenamenti, in particolare continuerà solo se sarà capace di padroneggiare due diversi tipi di quadruplo entro giugno, se non sarà in grado continuerà il lavoro di coreografo con gli altri pattinatori. Il quadruplo Toeloop si sta rafforzando e il quadruplo Salchow sembra andare bene, sta lavorando anche al QUADRUPLO FLIP.
    Insomma se continuasse non sarebbe per essere uno dei tanti partecipanti ma un contendente ai posti più prestigiosi!

Four-time US national champion and Olympic bronze medalist, Jeremy Abbott, has had a career filled with ups and downs. At the start of the 2014 season, Abbott announced that he would retire at the end of the season, but he returned the following year to compete once again. Sadly his season did not go the way that he had hoped. “Everything was starting to click and work right before nationals, but with everything that’s happened with my family, at that point it was a little too late,” Jeremy said in a phone interview on May 11.

Abbott’s father, Danny Abbott, passed away just a few weeks before nationals and with that type of family crisis still so fresh, it was difficult for Jeremy to be able to compete. “I had some tough moments at nationals,” Abbott admitted. “I was disappointed to be fifth, but pleased with the whole process and how everything went. Where I was physically and emotionally at that point, I was really okay with that [outcome].”

After taking a short time off, Jeremy returned to the ice and started doing some choreography for other skaters and performed in several charity events, which he has really enjoyed. Yet the fire inside of him to compete has not grown dim. Still motivated to capture a world medal and still able to skate well, Jeremy is contemplating coming back for yet another season. “I made so many changes to my mechanics and to everything last season, but we didn’t start making those changes until August,” Abbott explained. “When I came back everything was still feeling great. At that point I was skating incredibly. I’ve spent all this time and energy to make these changes and it’s finally starting to take hold, why would I want to give that up? I’m also being realistic about it. I have set some really high goals and standards for myself that I have to see through by June and if not, that’s alright.”

Jeremy Abbott has determined that if he can land two different quads by June and meet his goals, he will continue on and compete this upcoming season. If he is unable to, he will retire and continue working with skaters, doing some choreography and hopefully perform in some shows as well. Jeremy does not want to wait too long to make a decision about his future, as he felt that he waited too long last season and got a late start and does not want to put himself in that position again. Abbott explained that his quad toe loop is getting stronger, his quad salchow is looking good and he is also working on a quad flip. He knows it will take some time to get the quad flip, but he still enjoys working on it and says that he is getting the full rotation on of each of his quads.

Jeremy believes that part of the reason that skaters, including himself, have continued to stay in the sport and not retire, is partially due to the fact that the professional skating circuit has dissolved. “If there were still pro competitions and tons and tons of tours and shows to go around, this wouldn’t even be a conversation. I would have retired immediately after Russia,” Abbott said. “I would still get the opportunity to compete, and I would still get the opportunity to perform and get to do everything that I love about skating, but just in a different aspect. I still have that fire and drive to compete, but there’s no professional opportunities anymore, so I feel like people really aren’t retiring because there’s nothing there. People are sticking it out longer than they probably want to or should, myself included, but there’s just no opportunities anymore and I think it’s such a shame.”

Though many believe that Jeremy should have already retired, his artistic strength and skating skills may have just inspired the next generation of US men’s figure skating. Following the short program at the US nationals this past year, Jason Brown was in first place, Joshua Farris was in second and Abbott was in third. It was interesting to note that none of these men attempted a quad in the short, but skated with such beauty and intricacy that they were well rewarded and earned the top spots. I asked Jeremy if he believes that his artistic touch has impacted US men's figure skating and he said, “I’ve really been a huge advocate for the artistic side of the sport and just for the skating aspect of it. If my skating has inspired a new generation to follow in that same vein then that is fantastic. I just did it for myself because I felt that’s what I wanted to do and that’s where I wanted to see the sport go. I would be super honored if that were the case, but I don’t know if it is, but I’m just glad to see that there are people coming up behind me who believe the same thing.”

Regardless of what Jeremy Abbott decides for his future, he has indeed made his mark and what he can give the sport will not stop once he retires; yet if he chooses to continue he has made his goals very clear. “If I am going to be competing I want to be in it,” Jeremy said. “Not just be a competitor, but I want to be a contender, not just someone who is skating on the circuit. I want to be contend at the best."

Fonte

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    SONO FELICE!
    Pensavo si stesse ritirando per intraprendere il lavoro di coreografo (dove secondo me riuscirà benissimo, e fra qualche anno sarà pure molto quotato).

Mi ricordo che quando lui vinse il titolo nazionale USA, suo padre s'era sentito male durante la gara, aveva avuto un attacco di cuore sulle tribune, proprio mentre Jeremy pattinava. Mi spiace che questa stagione abbia dovuto affrontare la sua scomparsa.

Non sapevo che stesse sperimentando il 4 flim... e sinceramente io AMO questo salto e vorrei vederlo realizzato da qualcuno, tuttavia tutti si sono concentrati su loop e lutz. Se fosse Jeremy a portarlo in gara farei salti di gioia, ma so quant'è difficile portare un nuovo quadruplo.
    E a dire il vero sono preoccupata anche del fatto che Jeremy voglia inserire due quadrupli... non so se il suo fisico reggerà, ma capisco che ci deve provare per poter sperare di raggiungere il top...

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    La paura è sempre dietro l'angolo con lui ma io spero veramente che possa raggiungere TUTTI i suoi obbiettivi!

Domanda: ma il quadruplo Flip è mai stato eseguito in gara?

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    No, per niente, nemmeno tentato.
    Non so nemmeno se abbiamo un video di chi lo tenta in allenamento.

Le ultime erano il 4 lutz che Rippon portava in gara e sul 4 loop: Fernandez e Hanyu che lo provavano in allenamento, e poi Hanyu che c'è riuscito in esibizione.

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Il 4Flip ricordo che lo provò Takahashi ai mondiali 2010, atterrandolo su due piedi e sottoruotandolo, quindi non gli venne mai assegnato.

Se mai Jeremy dovesse riuscire con Salchow e/o Flip, spero vivamente che siano più consistenti del Toeloop, che atterra in media una volta a stagione e, sempre in media, ai campionati nazionali xD

14. AllieLex
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jeremy ha deciso di non prendere parte al Grand Prix per concentrarsi sui campionati nazionali statunitensi e sui mondiali.

Fonte

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Jeremy fa le finte e ti fa prendere i colpi XD

180 replies since 22/7/2010, 17:17   3057 views