Elena GLEBOVA (EST)

« Older   Newer »

1. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Photosession "Õhtuleht" 2009

72892f149033819 4053ea149033827 jpg 4cacc3149033835 257b84149033840 90b758149033847 fa7431149033850 0e34f1149033853 2222b5149033857 4ef118149033861 4ae2b3149033863 e77a74149033867 3e7e17149033871 19f738149033875 e863e5149033877 jpg d5a48b149033884 8cad19149033888 2383d4149033892

2. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Salomon sponsorship

471a75149033985 52a505149033987 jpg 79d4bb149033992 06f9fd149033995 60a1e0149033998 d62e60149033999 5676db149034003 6a0358149034008 0209bf149034011 jpg 36f4d0149034018 5f3ea6149034021 eca031149034024 92a9fe149034027

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Elena Glebova: “I had to change something or end up with figure skating”

glebova-300x163
    Estonian figure skater Elena Glebova has started this season very well, having taken the second place at the Finlandia Trophy. After the 2011 World Championships the skater has decided to switch to another coach and went to the USA, where she began to work with Igor Krokavec and Craig Maurizi.

Elena, where do you train now?

Elena Glebova: Now I train in Hackensack, New Jersey. It’s about 20 min. from New York.

How you have dared at such serious changes?

E. Glebova: It all started with that before the World championships I went to Japan to train with Nikolai Morozov earlier than planned. Competitions were postponed for a month and we went to Hackensack, where he has a training base. We’ve trained there for a month and at this time I have got acquainted with Igor Krokavec.

At that time we communicated just as friends, I even did not think that Igor is also a coach, though he already helped me a bit. Morozov has a lot of students and he didn’t always has enough time for me. Igor noticed some of my mistakes and always something prompted. At his trainings I’ve done a triple Lutz. I was surprised because I didn’t do it for some years.

After the Worlds I first thought to continue my work with Anna Levandi but then I decided that I have to either change something or end up with figure skating. I thought that I had nothing to lose and went to America for the summer.

Igor Krokavec is working in a team with another coach Craig Maurizi, who worked with Tara Lipinski and Sarah Hughes for the Olympics. My current choreographer Olga Orlova also works with them. So we have started to work and in July have understood that there is no sense to start all it only for the summer. The process has started and I began to improve.

What has changed?

E. Glebova: Almost everything has changed. American system of trainings is absolutely different.

Was it difficult to change your approach?

E. Glebova: No, it wasn’t. My coaches are very experienced and they know what to do. I started working in June, so it was not a sudden change. I have approached to the period of competitions in the necessary sporting shape.

Tell us about your programs for this season.

E. Glebova: My short program is based on the music from the movie “Angels and Demons”. In this program I’m the embodiment of the demon. The image of an angel obviously doesn’t approach me. And my free skate program is Spartacus. It’s a love story with a very energetic end. This is a completely new style for me.

Will triple Lutz be constantly in both of your programs?

E. Glebova: Yes, certainly. On trainings I already do the cascade of triple Lutz – triple toe loop but I don’t insert it on competitions yet.

Interview by Anastasia Ischanova
    Estonian Public Broadcasting

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Elena Glebova may become a new leader of Northern Europe
    By Vladislav Luchianov

glebova-300x162
    Estonian figure skater Elena Glebova has started this season renewed and with a great inspiration, having taken the second place at the 2011 Finlandia Trophy, first places at the 2011 Middle Atlantic Championships (USA), 2011 Cryslal Skate (Romania) and 2011 Merano Cup (Italy).

It’s worthy to note that at the Merano Cup Elena achieved a new personal best of 157.77 points by the results of two programs. In December she confidently won her sixth national title. At the 2012 European figure skating championships Elena finished 11th and in my opinion this result wasn’t right because her strong short program was much underestimated.

After the 2011 World Championships Elena Glebova decided to switch to another coach and went to the USA, where she began to work with Igor Krokavec and Craig Maurizi. Her choreographer is a former ice dancer Olga Orlova. The time showed that those changes was a right decision. Elena became stronger, more confident and more impressive in her skating routines.

In my vision the European championships in Sheffield was the last one when the winner took the gold medal without triple – triple combination. I hope so, anyway. Also, next season there will be a set of new Russian young ladies such as Elizaveta Tuktamisheva and Adelina Sotnikova, who definitely can change the competitive level of present skating in Europe as well as in the world. They already do it at Grand Prix stages and junior competitions.

Elena Glebova is a kind of skaters who are the true fighters. She had difficult times during the 2010 – 2011 season but she decided to make changes. Those changes weren’t easy because in order to achieve new improvements in her skating she had to move from Estonia and her home based ice rink to the United States. She practically started the new life. But it was worth it.

Recently, at one of her trainings, Elena did a wonderful triple flip – triple toe loop combination (watch video below). This season Elena also does very well a triple Lutz – triple toe loop combination. All these jumping elements are more difficult than triple toe – triple toe combination, which can perform only several European ladies. Now I mean European excluding Russia, where such combinations are usual for the most part of ladies.

It seems like she included this combos in her daily trainings, so we can expect new and very interesting surprises from her at competitions. The current leader of the Northern Europe is Kiira Korpi of Finland but if Elena will continue to achieve new highs in her skating programs and in its stability, the leader of this region can be changed.

Traduzione:
    Estone Elena Glebova pattinatrice ha iniziato questa stagione rinnovata e con una grande ispirazione, dopo aver preso il secondo posto al Finlandia Trophy 2011, primi posti alla Middle Championships 2011 Atlantic (USA), 2011 Cryslal Skate (Romania) e il 2011 Merano Cup ( Italia).

E 'degno di notare che in occasione della Coppa Merano Elena ha raggiunto un nuovo record personale di 157.77 punti i risultati dei due programmi. Nel mese di dicembre ha vinto il suo fiduciosamente sesto titolo nazionale. Al Consiglio europeo di pattinaggio di figura 2012 Campionati Elena finito 11 ° e secondo me questo risultato non era giusto, perché il suo forte programma corto è stato molto sottovalutato.

Dopo il Mondiale 2011 Campionati Elena Glebova deciso di passare ad un altro allenatore e se ne andò negli Stati Uniti, dove ha iniziato a lavorare con Igor Krokavec e Craig Maurizi. Il suo coreografo è un ex ballerino di ghiaccio Olga Orlova. Il tempo ha dimostrato che questi cambiamenti è stata una decisione giusta. Elena è diventata più forte, più fiducioso e più impressionante nelle sue routine di pattinaggio.

Nella mia visione ai campionati europei di Sheffield è stato quello scorso, quando il vincitore ha avuto la medaglia d'oro senza triple - tripla combinazione. Spero di sì, comunque. Inoltre, la prossima stagione ci sarà una serie di nuove giovani donne russe come Elizaveta Tuktamisheva e Adelina Sotnikova, che sicuramente può cambiare il livello competitivo del pattinaggio presenti in Europa e nel mondo. Hanno già lo fanno al Grand Prix stadi e competizioni junior.

Elena Glebova è una sorta di pattinatori che sono i veri combattenti. Ha avuto momenti difficili durante la stagione 2010 - 2011, ma ha deciso di apportare le modifiche. Questi cambiamenti non sono stati facili, perché al fine di ottenere nuovi miglioramenti nel suo pattinaggio che doveva passare da Estonia e la sua pista di pattinaggio home based negli Stati Uniti. Ha praticamente iniziato la nuova vita. Ma ne valeva la pena.

Recentemente, in uno dei suoi corsi di formazione, Elena ha fatto un bellissimo triplo flip - triplo toe loop combinazione (guarda video qui sotto). Questa stagione Elena fa molto bene anche un triplo Lutz - combinazione triplo toe loop. Tutti questi elementi che saltano sono più difficili del triplo toe - combinazione triplo toe, che può eseguire solo signore europee diverse. Ora voglio dire esclusa la Russia europea, dove tali combinazioni sono usuali per la maggior parte delle signore.

Sembra che lei ha incluso questo combo nei suoi allenamenti quotidiani, quindi possiamo aspettarci nuove sorprese e molto interessante da lei alle gare. L'attuale leader del Nord Europa è Kiira Korpi della Finlandia, ma Elena, se continuerà a raggiungere nuovi massimi nei suoi programmi di pattinaggio e nella sua stabilità, il leader di questa regione può essere modificata.

EC 2012 - Elena GLEBOVA - SP