User deleted

SOI Halifax - JB Photos

SOI Halifax - @David W Carmichael

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Oggi è il compleanno di Tessa, auguri!!

Ice, grazie mille per aggiornare sempre il thread con tutte queste foto! :)

Magari sto facendo una domanda stupida ma mi incuriosiscono particolarmente questi costumi, è una nuova esibizione?

VP4u8lZ

3. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Si è una nuova esibizione... sarebbe "What's love got to do with it" coreografata da Marie France e David Wilson. Avevano presentato la EX a Skate Niagara però avevano i costumi "vecchi" in attesa che questi fossero pronti per il tour.

4. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oggi sono ufficialmente iniziati gli allenamenti per Tessa e Scott! :eyes: :jump: :groupwave.gif:

I miei migliori auguri per l'inizio di questa nuova avventura! :skating: Il meglio deve ancora venire!! :wub:

i6gDc8j

5.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Stars on Ice Japan 2016
    Sono sicura che Ice abbia messo una versione di questo programma a SOIJ ma mi pare fosse ripresa dalla TV...

6. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

tessavirtue17 Too often, media commentary references a woman’s appearance in a way that diminishes her accomplishments and affects her confidence. Coming from a sport with an emphasis on aesthetics, it has been important for me to embrace the subjectivity that accompanies artistry, while negating superficial and derogatory critiques. Sometimes easier said than done! Let’s work together with #DoveCanada to expose comments in the media that can belittle a female athlete’s achievements, and encourage people everywhere to take a stand and change the conversation. I’ll be discussing this tomorrow with @winnieharlow. Tune into the Facebook Live Stream at 11am! Link in bio. #MyBeautyMySay #DovePartner

aVQeYKc

#Dove #MyBeautyMySay

We37taQ
    g1gbvTn
    6oLKQag
    WMJggc9
    mIs4qHr
    zeTKha3
    bAyGOiO
    1xcehth
    1ihMsg2
    jTL8DiF
    Fc94vxM
    asMtarh
    W5ZSC1h

Video

Video

Video

7. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Tessa Virtue Is Sick Of Being Told She’s Too Fat And Not Good Enough

n-TESSA-VIRTUE-628x314

People say Tessa Virtue is too fat or too muscular to be good enough. Her one Olympic gold medal, two silvers and countless championship titles aren’t enough for some members of the media who scrutinize Virtue on her appearance more than they do her talent.

“I’ll show up at training camp (and) I’m told that maybe I should dye my hair blonde and asked about how my fat loss is coming along,” she tells HuffPost Canada’s Partner Studio.

It’s a problem she’s calling attention with the help of Dove’s #MyBeautyMySay campaign — a project that encourages women and girls to celebrate their own beauty and on their own terms.

“At all times, there’s discussion about the percentage of body fat I have, how I look on the ice and about how much skin a certain costume is showing,” she says.

“Ice dancing is a sport where athletes work so tirelessly to perform intricate moves (and) to have it trivialized by comments about your appearance can chip away at anyone’s confidence.”

The Dove Global Beauty Confidence Report, a global study on body image, finds that 90 per cent of women and more than 80 per cent of girls don’t do the things they love because they don’t like the way they look. This includes opting out of sports and activities.

“It breaks my heart,” Virtue says about the finding. “To be held back by fear is to miss out on challenging yourself in different ways.”

“Women are missing out on the chance to get to know their bodies...how they feel in their own skin (and) the power and the strength they have.”

Findings by the United Nations support Virtue’s comment. The entity says that girls’ involvement in sport can lead to gender parity.

“Through engaging in sport and living its values, women and girls can develop leadership skills, overcome bias, improve their health and become empowered,” Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, the UN Women Executive Director says.

It’s one of the reasons Virtue was so excited to partner with Dove.

“I love the idea of women empowering other women. We need to come together and support one another and embrace one another.”

o-TESSA-VIRTUE-900

On dealing with the media scrutiny she personally faces, Virtue says she’s lucky to have a support system and a skating partner that reminds her that’s there no sense in letting those comments get her down. Virtue says Moir is her rock, confidante and biggest supporter.

The pair announced that they would compete in the 2016/2017 season, leading up to the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. That move made it clear that Virtue and Moir still had dreams they wanted to pursue despite announcing their retirement in 2014.

Along with training four hours in a day and studying for a degree in psychology, Virtue is committed to serving as a role model for young girls.

“There needs to be a shift in culture. Young girls...need to have people they can identify with who may be going through the same struggles. I have a muscular build and I’ve learned to embrace that because it’s makes me strong, giving me speed and power on the ice. It’s a different kind of femininity – one that doesn’t fit the norm.”

And that’s a gold standard we can definitely champion.

Dove has found that beauty can (and is) an empowering and positive force for women. Yet women’s looks are often commented on in ways that trivialize them. To call attention to the issue, Dove is launching a global interactive campaign with an animated billboard in Toronto, Yonge-Dundas Square, which will broadcast real-time commentary from media outlets in several English-speaking countries that spotlight a female athlete’s appearance over her achievements. Canadians are encouraged to have a say in this conversation by visiting the real-time online aggregator at Dove.ca/HaveYourSay and to tweet at media outlets directly using #MyBeautyMySay.

Fonte

8. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

E' stata pubblicata un'intervista su una rivista giapponese fatta a Scott e Tessa durante Ice Legends.
    Dara-chan è stata così gentile da tradurla :wub: Arigato Gozaimasu!!! :wub:

CITAZIONE
    -We think everyone are happy with the news of your coming back.

T: Thank you! We are excited about it.

-First, please tell us the reason you decided to coming back to competition.

S: There are a lot of reason that we decide and strive for competitions again, but we thought we need to rest after 13-14 season. While we were apart from skating world once and discuss with wider viewpoints we gained, we could notice we have a passion to continue skating and create new things. Of course, we love to skate in shows, but we miss the atmosphere of the competitions. Then we started training with Marie-France Dubreuil & Patice Lauzon. From there, everything rolling as snowman. It’s really exciting for us to start training and skating. We really enjoy the process. It seems so natural to come back & challenge new things, in this way.

-Why do you choose Dubreuil & Lauzon as coaches?

S: Because we wanted to work with World Champions. (lol)

T: There are so many things to work with them, but we think it’s meanful because we are determined to do. We feel that’s right and don’t need to be in confusion. We really like their approach for skating, their way to teach techniques &styles. We love the team they build with Romain & Pascal. And there are wonderful skaters like Gabriella & Guillaume and Madison & Zachary. Here has an atmosphere with positive, cooperative, and encouragement. Our motivations well up by standing on ice with them. We think it’s best environment to get back our passion. We know we need to have different sense from the past. We think it’s worth to put ourselves under different coaches when our career goes to new step.

-You both debut World Championship in Tokyo. On the other hand, it’s last championship for Dubreuil & Lauzon.

S: Yes, that’s true. We have built good relationship with them. We feel we really get along with them. Fortunately, we could be in time their last career as athletes. We could see how they control themselves and lead other skaters. It’s wonderful lesson for us. When we were in shows, they are close to us, so it’s right timing (to train with them) because we are good friends all the time. The relationship may be changed a little, but their team has warm atmosphere. It’s important for our career to work with them.

-Did you go and see World Championship this year?

S: Yes. It’s a little weird that we don’t compete despite we came there for World Championship.

-I think the style of icedance changed a little while you are not in competitions. How do you feel?

T: That’s true. We have strong impression for situation of icedance now. We feel uncomfortable feeling just a little while we saw the competition. Because we are part from competitions and watch performances analytically with CBC crews. But it’s truly fun to watch performances. Especially final group is fun. There are many talented skaters, and I can’t imagine how the competition goes on. I was inspired so much. It made me remember how hard we do training. There are many wonderful skaters now. So we need to focus for our goal & purpose of our coming back.

-3 years ago, you made era of icedance., so you are expected that again.

T: Thank you. I do my best.

S: For us, the biggest challenge is that we can’t perform similar programs we performed before. In fact, we don’t want to perform similar programs. It’s easy to say “We will do different things.”(lol) But we recognize that, push ourselves and need to create new things.

-Do you already choose programs ?

T: I want to talk about it, but I can’t yet.

S: We are working now, and it’s so exciting.

T: We are doing training so hard. We are back to the winding road again. We feel that, and we want to stand ourselves in superior position. For that, we have trained for many months. We want to have a good start in Montreal we will begin full-training in June. We want to start new things with our best and want to train so hard. So I can’t tell you about programs.

S: I can just say… Our SD will consist of those 3, hip-hop, swing and mid-night blues. It will be fun.

-How is your lives in Montreal?

S: It’s just beginning.

T: We spent about 8 days, or not? We’re happy that we could find apartments, but we have CSOI tour after this. So I can’t move till June 6th. But we joined a training camp in Montreal for a week, and we love here. Montreal has art culture and exciting place. We’re happy to be back in Canada after 10 years in US. It’s special to be back in my country.

-In your coming back comment, Tessa-san said “live my best as an athlete.” How different about an athlete life and general life?

T: Athlete by nature like us love sports. We love hard training and love that putting pressure on myself. We need a distance from them after 17 years spent with a lot of sacrifices and dedications. We need to challenge other things and broaden our minds. It’s necessary for our mental and physical. Then we don’t need to face a large quantity of schedule. But we miss that situation. Maybe we miss to have own goal. When I wake up, I clearly know what I want to achieve, and what I do training for. We imagine that we watch next Olympic Games in home, and we feel something loss. It’s so hard to join Team Canada. So we never want to regret. We don’t want to feel why we’re not coming back after 5 years.

S: Last challenge.

T: Even if we feel anxiety a little.

-Scott, you said “our approach will be automatic and philosophical.”

S: Yes. Automatic- We have worked Igor & Marina for 10 years. But Pat & Marie-France have a wonderful different style. They are very aggressive. Now we try to do accept it. In addition, we bring in soft knee movement of British style. We already have begun it. We need to remake our skating. So we need to practice automatically. And another one is artistic sense. We think we want to be true to our style. We want to enjoy every day if possible. In some cases, we need to skate with the program we can’t enjoy. But we have only 2 years, 4 programs left. So we want to put our best for that, and want to enjoy skating every day. And hopefully, it make to show our difference, even just a little.

-Patrick Chan talked about coming back advice for you in 4CC press conference. “Don’t have a big expectation.”

(T&S: very laud laugh)

S: It’s easy. (lol)

T: But I think we don’t come back if we don’t have big expectation. (lol)

S: That’ true. (lol)

T: The feeling pushing us. After that, back to reality. But the big expectation will be our passion focus. We expect ourselves in part. We have more true feeling, not the feeling of desire for our best skate. So we don’t have another expectation. We just want to love the process ( for Olympic Games.”

S: Expectation is weird. For us, big expectation is necessary for me to act. Tessa & I want to win. Want to be champions again. For that, we know we need to practice much more. So we keep to have such an expectation to push ourselves now. For that, we need to do a lot of things step by step.

Fonte

Le foto sulla rivista giapponese! :wub: Grazie mille a Dara!! :clap:

KAPruej
    181ALZb
    dn3zWth

9. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

4 Agosto

calaltafsc Guess who the ice dancers in Montreal bumped into!! Scott Moir!
    CrkKfwY
    Fonte

IldertonSkatingClub ‏@IldertonSkating 5 Agosto
    Prenovice & Novice dancers get a special visit from one of our Olympians! #goilderton #believe&achieve

cqp2LXx

Sabato 13 Agosto a Montreal

<p align="center">zannyboy101 Meet Olympic champions #teamcanada
    GsgycOL

10. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Mercoledì e inziato l'HPC e Tessa e Scott hanno rivelato le musiche dei loro programmi :B):

SD: Prince Medley (Kiss, 5 Women, Purple Rain)
    FD: Latch (Acustic Version) by Sam Smith

Sono felicissima di questa scelta!!!!!!!! :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Inoltre, parteciperanno prima all'Autumn Classic il 29 settembre e poi al Finlandia Trophy il 6 ottobre!!!!!!!

Ho visto anteprime della loro SD....

:mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Cioè............... io non ho parole................ :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif: :mfr_omg.gif:
    MA COSA SONO???????????????? :what: :what: :what: Medaglia d'oro ORA e SUBITO!
    PAZZESCHI!!!!!! Già AMO quella no touch!!! MAMMA MIA!!!!!!!!!!! La PRECISIONE su ogni battuta! WOW!
    E Scott........................ che dire........................ nell'ultima fantastica transizione è DA PAURA!!!
    Ora capisco il perchè dei capelli lunghi :lol: :lol: :lol: Ci stanno benissimo con i suoi movimenti :iloveyou:
    Inoltre approvo totalmente la scelta della musica :cool:
    Non vedo l'ora di vedere di più!!!!!!!!! :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

A dopo con iterviste e Foto ;)

Edited by *Ice Princess* - 3/9/2016, 23:15

11. *Ice Princess*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Interviste

XPVmXIz
    hp1uxWK
    DaYysfj

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir return to skating with a new generation of ice dancers pushing them

GYGwKyh

Melissa Couto, The Canadian Press | August 31, 2016 6:04 PM ET

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — Tessa Virtue couldn’t find one adjective to describe her and ice dancing partner Scott Moir’s return to competition after two years away from the sport.

So she used four instead.

“It’s inspiring, it’s challenging, it’s terrifying, it’s thrilling, I mean, we’ve really run the gamut of emotions throughout this comeback process,” Virtue said Wednesday at the Skate Canada high performance camp at Hershey Centre.

“We’re impressed with the state of the skating world. We had the opportunity to step back and get some distance and a different perspective on it. Sitting in the stands for some practices, watching things unfold from home was very different. But I think we have a different appreciation of the sport and a different idea of where we want to take our own skating.”
    Dave Thomas/Postmedia Network
    Dave Thomas/Postmedia Network

Virtue and Moir, both from the London, Ont., area, became national names after winning gold at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010. They followed that up with a silver in Sochi four years later before deciding to take a break from the ice.

They announced their return earlier this year but started working on their fitness levels for competition last fall.

“We tried our best but to be honest it was difficult. Two years off is a long time,” the 28-year-old Moir said. “We tried to come back as early as possible but there were still a couple things, the body doesn’t work quite the same as it did at 24 and 20.

“I felt this year it was a bit of a struggle but now seeing the light and trusting in the training, trusting all that experience has brought us around to competition shape. It’s exciting. I’m getting a couple years back on my life here.”

Virtue and Moir have moved their training base to Montreal to work with Canadian ice dancing coaches Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.

Training alongside them is the dynamic young French pair Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron.

Virtue, 27, described the talent of Papadakis and Cizeron, both 21, as “absolutely phenomenal.” Moir echoed that praise.

“They’re pushing the sport,” he said. “We really pride ourselves on trying to do things different but they are taking the sport to a new level, and I think it’s going to be a challenge for us to even compete against them in the next couple of years.”

The veteran ice dancers, who also won gold at the 2010 and 2012 world championships, admitted they have much to learn from the new crop of young stars.

Virtue said that challenge has been a driving force in their comeback. For Moir, it’s been about competition.

“We’re competitors, we’re looking to win. That’s never changed for 10 years and I don’t think it ever will,” Moir said. “But our perspective really has changed. Not that we don’t want to win, we’re coming in here wanting to win a gold medal for Canada, but I don’t think we judge ourselves solely on that result anymore.

“This part of our journey is going to be (about) whether we can improve our skating to the level we want it to be and we’ll know. We always say we know before the judges’ marks come up and that’s going to be more important this time around.”

Doecdyp fcPjBAc

Virtue and Moir: Olympic champions lace up their skates, sharpen their program for return to competition

By Ryan Pyette, The London Free Press
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:24:05 EDT PM

MISSISSAUGA - The first time Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir compete for points again, they will be ice dancing to Prince.

The late, great musician isn't easy on them.

"It's so hard to cut Prince songs into three minutes," Virtue said at the 2010 Olympic champs' official relaunch Wednesday at Hershey Centre, site of Skate Canada's high-performance training camp.

"We keep saying we fully expect we have to answer to Prince one day," Moir joked.

This comeback short dance, after two years of show skating and personal pursuits, features a brief nod to Purple Rain at the end. Will Moir don that colour this season as an homage to one of music's great innovators?

"We're actually just drawing that up," the 28-year-old Ilderton native said. "I might have to step outside of my comfort level. Time for new material. I just can't wear all-black all the time anymore."

Not much the two-time world and five-time Canadian champions have accomplished in their sporting lives can be labelled as comfortable.

Six years ago, they won gold in Vancouver with Virtue suffering through major leg woes. They famously trained alongside their biggest rivals, Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White, while sharing a coach.

They pushed the limits of their discipline to such a degree, it often put them at odds with what judges were seeking, costing them a second Olympic title in Sochi.

Now, they are trying to re-find their groove at a new home base in Montreal while working alongside the current world champions -- France's Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. Virtue and Moir last won a world title in 2012.

"It's inspiring, challenging, terrifying and thrilling," Virtue, the 27-year-old Londoner, said. "We've run the gamut of emotions (since announcing their return in February). We've built a phenomenal team around us (led by coaches and mentors Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon, who have built one of the world's top ice-dance schools). We're impressed at the state of the skating world. We were able to get some distance on it and we have a different appreciation for it."

History hasn't always been kind to skaters who check out of the game for a few years, then try to climb back to the top of the international podium. If you can't regain your speed and precision, everything looks clunky.

That doesn't appear to worry the Canadians.

"Every competition we go to, we're looking to win," Moir said. "That's never changed for 10 years and I don't think it ever will. We're coming here to win a gold medal for Canada (specifically at the next Olympics in 2018 in South Korea), but I don't think we judge ourselves solely on that result anymore. This part of our journey is more about improving our skating to the level we want it to be -- and we'll know.

"We always say we know before the judges' mark comes up. It's even more important this time around."

The duo watched the most recent worlds in Boston and noticed a real shift in the judging. They noted how clearly skaters have been able to execute their turns and footwork.

"People know exactly what they're looking for," Virtue said. "We're conscious of that. It will be a process and we have a lot of catch-up, but we're ready to put in that work."

By the end of the fall, they should have an idea of where they stand. The Canadian title isn't even a given, not with world-class Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje on board.

"We are happy to be in the conversation," Moir said. "There's no doubt we have to be better than we have ever been to (compete). That's what sport is all about. Two years off is a long time. We tried to come back as early as possible . . . but the body just didn't work quite the same as it did at 24 and 20. It was a little bit of a struggle (this year). Now, seeing the light and trusting in the training and experience, it has brought us around."

That built-in battle with the Americans has vanished. It dominated the ice-dance conversation from Vancouver to Sochi.

"The rivalry pushed and pulled us to levels we probably wouldn't have accomplished without it," Moir said, "but we're at a different spot in our life. This part of our career we've talked about is to be a bit more of role models. We want the younger athletes to come to us.

"We want to be remembered as the people we are and good sportsmen."

For now, it starts with a Kiss -- one of Prince's hit songs.

"I'm still pushing for a Hall & Oates program," Virtue said. "It'll probably never happen."

Moir winced.

"It's definitely not going to happen," he said. "You can get a new partner."

Then, he considered the musical dynamics of their 19-year relationship.

"Yeah," Moir joked. "Next year."

Interviste video: Press Conference - Skate Canada - Canadian Press (+ clip SD) - CTV News (+ clip SD) - PJ Kwong - Golden Skate - Intervista a Marie-France (+ altra clip della SD)

Edited by *Ice Princess* - 2/9/2016, 15:21

884 replies since 24/2/2010, 22:00   40419 views