Admin

Status
    Golden Skate Awards 2011

297548_258956750813680_152001281509228_745557_1307505885_n

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Rochette enjoying life sans competition (for now)
    Canadian Olympic bronze medalist staying busy with show skating

By Mickey Brown

lOyEs7or
    (12/15/2011) - Life for Joannie Rochette these days is anything but relaxing.
    The 2010 Olympic bronze medalist and 2009 world silver medalist was at the Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center on Thursday, Dec. 15, promoting the Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular, which took place Oct. 29 in Moline, Ill., and will premiere Jan. 8, 2012, on NBC.

The next day she was scheduled to appear in Celebration on Ice, a unique holiday show that brings Canada's premiere skating stars to those living in rural communities.

When that's done, it's off to Courchevel, France, for a Christmas ice skating gala, and following that, she and her fellow Stars on Ice cast mates are congregating in Lake Placid for a few days for rehearsals, before the tour's Dec. 30 premiere show in the quaint upstate New York village.

It's exhausting just reading through Rochette's travel itinerary, never mind experiencing it, but the petite Montreal native wouldn't want it any other way.

She loves to skate, and she'll do it anywhere, anytime.

But, save for the Japan Open in early October, Rochette's schedule does not include competitions, and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

"I would love to come back, but I love doing shows also. It's a tough decision," Rochette said. "I watched the Grand Prix Final last week, and I wanted to be there ... I guess I will decide in the next year or so for the next Olympics."

Rochette showed she's still got it at this year's event in Saitama, finishing second only to Russian wunderkind Elizaveta Tuktamisheva with a score of 112.74.

"It's good to give a challenge once in a while," Rochette said. "Shows give you a challenge, but it's performance challenge; competition gives you more [of a] technical [challenge]."

No matter the venue, Rochette insists on pushing herself, so the show programs she's preparing for SOI are sure to be crowd pleasers. One is to a song called "Indestructible" by Robyn, and is choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle.

"It's great for skating because it's got a lot of variation in the music, and there's a classical piece," Rochette said. "That's where the footwork is, so I'm going to learn how to footwork like Jeff does."

The other number is choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne and is called "For me, Formidable." It's the story of a French girl who falls in love with an English-speaking man, and how she deals with her frustrations surrounding her inability to fully express her love for him.

"I was afraid of doing a French song in the U.S. that [the audience] wouldn't appreciate as much, but this one is really cool because both English and French speakers can understand," Rochette said. "Shae doesn't speak French fluently and sometimes she will say, "What does that word mean?" and I tell her, and she'd say, "Do something else then." So it's a lot of fun for us to do. It's flirtatious and a bit innocent, too."

Rochette is always willing to try new things, like the skating and gymnastics show she took part in last month. During rehearsals, she took advantage of some of the apparatus the gymnasts were using, like the balance beam ("It was pretty high up.") and the floor surface ("I just did a cartwheel.").

Another recent highlight for her was her appearance in the "Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of the Ice" in Atlantic City, which will air Jan. 1 on NBC. With a cast that included Shizuka Arakawa, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski, Nancy Kerrigan, Irina Slutskaya, Elizabeth Manley and Miki Ando, it was hailed as the greatest gathering of female figure skaters - at least in terms of career medal haul - in history.

"It was an honor to be there," Rochette said. "It was great to meet many of the ladies who inspired me."

As if she doesn't already have enough going on, she also just put out a workout DVD called "Avec Coeur Et Passion," which translates to "With Heart and Passion." The video is only available in French, although she says the English version will go on sale soon, and is divided into three parts: one with exercises aimed at women over 50, one for current athletes and a segment that contains on-ice instruction.

The chiseled body she attained by doing many of exercises contained in her video was on display Thursday. Despite the chilly temperatures and swirling winds, Rochette stripped down to a brightly colored dress -- one that was reminiscent of the kind worn in the old Ice Capades shows -- and put on an entertaining show for the masses gathered between 49th and 50th Streets in Manhattan, performing to Christina Aguilera's "Show Me How You Burlesque."

She said, "It's a special rink. It's beautiful. It's so historic. It's a great experience."

Rochette sympathizes with Asada

The storyline that arose out of the Final that hit closest to home for Rochette was that which related to Mao Asada, who finished one spot ahead of Rochette in Vancouver. While in Quebec City, Asada received word that her mother, 48-year-old Kyoko, who was battling cirrhosis of the liver, did not have much longer to live. She withdrew from the competition and flew back to Japan, but by the time she arrived, Kyoko had already passed.

In an act of courage that touched the hearts of millions of Canadians, and made her one of the "faces" of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, Rochette skated to Olympic bronze just days after her own mother, Therese, died of a heart attack.

"Everyone will handle [a situation like that] in their own way," Rochette said. "I sent Mao a message as soon as I heard. I hope she comes back strong at Japanese nationals, if that is what she wants to do. I am sure she has people around her who are helping her."

TRADUZIONE:
    (2011/12/15) - La vita per Joannie Rochette in questi giorni è tutt'altro che rilassante.
    Il 2010 medaglia di bronzo olimpica e nel 2009 medaglia d'argento mondiale era al di pattinaggio a Rockefeller Center il Giovedi, 15 dicembre, promuovendo il Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular, che ha avuto luogo 29 ottobre a Moline, Illinois, e sarà presentato in anteprima gennaio 8, 2012, su NBC.

Il giorno dopo era previsto che per apparire in Celebration on Ice, uno spettacolo vacanza unica che porta Canada stelle prima di pattinaggio a coloro che vivono nelle comunità rurali.

Fatto questo, si parte per Courchevel, in Francia, per un Natale pattinaggio sul ghiaccio di gala, e successivamente, lei e le sue Stelle compagni compagni di fusione ghiaccio si riuniranno a Lake Placid per alcuni giorni per le prove, prima del tour del 30 dicembre in anteprima mostrare nel pittoresco villaggio di New York.

E 'estenuante solo leggendo itinerario di viaggio Rochette, mai mente vivendo, ma il nativo di Montreal petite non voglio che nessun altro modo.

Ama pattinare, e lo farà sempre e ovunque.

Ma, fatta eccezione per l'Open del Giappone ai primi di ottobre, il programma Rochette non include competizioni, e questo non cambierà tanto presto.

"Mi piacerebbe tornare, ma amo anche fare spettacoli. E 'una decisione difficile", ha dichiarato Rochette. "Ho guardato il Gran Premio finale la scorsa settimana, e volevo essere lì ... Penso che deciderà il prossimo anno o giù di lì per le prossime Olimpiadi".

Rochette ha mostrato lei è ancora capito in questa edizione a Saitama, finendo seconda solo al russo prodigio Elizaveta Tuktamisheva con un punteggio di 112,74.

"E 'bene dare una sfida tanto in tanto", ha dichiarato Rochette. "Mostra darvi una sfida, ma è sfida prestazioni, la concorrenza offre di più [di] tecnica [sfida]".

Non importa il luogo, Rochette insiste a spingere se stessa, per cui i programmi di spettacolo che sta preparando per la SOI sono sicuro di essere per piacere folla. Uno è quello di una canzone chiamata "Indestructible" di Robyn, e coreografato da Jeffrey Buttle.

"E 'fantastico per il pattinaggio, perché ha un sacco di variazione nella musica, e c'è un pezzo classico," Rochette ha detto. "Questo è dove il gioco di gambe è, così ho intenzione di imparare a footwork come Jeff fa".

L'altro numero è coreografato da Shae-Lynn Bourne e si chiama "Per me, Formidable". E 'la storia di una ragazza francese che si innamora di un uomo di lingua inglese, e di come lei si occupa di sue frustrazioni che circonda la sua incapacità di esprimere pienamente il suo amore per lui.

"Avevo paura di fare una canzone francese negli Stati Uniti che [il pubblico] non avrebbe apprezzato tanto, ma questo è davvero bello perché gli altoparlanti sia in inglese e francese possa capire", ha dichiarato Rochette. "Shae non parla fluentemente francese e, talvolta, lei dirà:" Che cosa vuol dire questa parola? "E le dico, e diceva:" Fate qualcosa di diverso, allora. "Quindi è molto divertente per noi fare . E 'ammiccante e un po' innocente, anche. "

Rochette è sempre disposti a provare nuove cose, come il pattinaggio e la ginnastica spettacolo ha partecipato il mese scorso. Durante le prove, lei ha approfittato di alcuni degli apparati delle ginnaste sono state utilizzando, come il bilanciamento ("E 'stato abbastanza alto.") E la superficie del pavimento ("Ho appena fatto una ruota di carro.").

Un altro highlight recente per lei era la sua apparizione nel "Tribute Cesari II: A Salute to the Ladies of the Ice" di Atlantic City, che andrà in onda il 1 gennaio sulla NBC. Con un cast che comprendeva Shizuka Arakawa, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski, Nancy Kerrigan, Irina Slutskaya, Elizabeth Manley e Miki Ando, ​​è stato salutato come il più grande raduno di pattinatori di figura femminile - almeno in termini di raggio carriera medaglia - nella storia.

"E 'stato un onore essere lì", ha dichiarato Rochette. "E 'stato bello incontrare molte delle signore che mi ha ispirato."

Come se non ha già abbastanza in corso, ha anche appena messo fuori un DVD di allenamento chiamata "Avec Coeur Et Passione", che si traduce in "Con il Cuore e Passione". Il video è disponibile soltanto in francese, anche se lei dice che la versione inglese sarà in vendita prossimamente, ed è diviso in tre parti: una con esercizi mirati alle donne over 50, una per gli atleti presenti e un segmento che contiene le istruzioni on-ice.

Il corpo cesellato ha raggiunto facendo molti esercizi contenuti nel suo video è stato in mostra Giovedi. Nonostante le temperature fredde e vento vorticoso, Rochette ridotta ad un abito dai colori vivaci - che ricordava del tipo indossato negli spettacoli vecchia Capades Ice - e mettere su uno spettacolo di intrattenimento per le masse raccolte tra le strade 49 e 50 in Manhattan, l'esecuzione di Christina Aguilera "Show Me How You Burlesque".

Ha detto, "E 'una pista speciale. E' bellissimo. E 'così storico. E' una grande esperienza".

Rochette simpatizza con Asada

La trama che nasce fuori dalla finale che ha colpito più vicino a casa per Rochette era quella che riguardava a Mao Asada, che ha concluso al primo posto davanti a Rochette a Vancouver. Mentre a Quebec City, Asada ricevette la notizia che sua madre, 48 anni, Kyoko, che stava combattendo la cirrosi del fegato, non ha avuto molto più tempo per vivere. Si ritirò dalla competizione e tornò in Giappone, ma quando è arrivata, Kyoko era già passata.

In un atto di coraggio che ha toccato i cuori di milioni di canadesi, e fece di lei una delle "facce" del 2010 Giochi Olimpici Invernali, Rochette ha pattinato al bronzo olimpico pochi giorni dopo sua madre, Teresa, morì di un attacco di cuore.

"Tutti gestirà [una situazione come quella] a modo loro", ha dichiarato Rochette. "Ho inviato un messaggio di Mao, non appena ho sentito. Spero che ritorna forte ai cittadini giapponesi, se questo è ciò che vuole fare. Sono sicuro che ha la gente intorno a lei che la stanno aiutando."

3.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    *_* Bellissima!!

tumblr_m5ciag14LZ1qc5l9co1_500

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Artistry on Ice 2012
    249117_460374037325154_1848441885_n

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Artistry on ice

con Weng/Han

552826_316011625152585_1491326945_n

196049_316013811819033_1934293513_n

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Waaaaah Joannie, dai torna a farci sognareeeee!!!

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Joannie pensa ad un possibile ritorno per Sochi!!!:)

www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/ot...-149967575.html

Rochette pondering return to Olys
    Tempted by Sochi, Canadian hero could put off retirement

Joannie ROCHETTE is at a crossroads in her life, unsure which way she'll turn. One road could take her back to the Olympic Games -- this time in Sochi, Russia, in 2014. The other would lead to the rest of her life.

"I would love to be on the Canadian Olympic team once more, for sure," said Rochette, the 2010 Olympic bronze medallist who also competed in Turin in 2006, finishing fifth.

"I would like to go back and have an Olympic experience that is more light on the heart, to have a happy Olympics. But at the same time, it's a big commitment. You cannot do shows and travel as much, but I love to do shows," said the 26-year-old figure skater.

At the Vancouver Olympics, Rochette's mother Therese died of a heart attack just two days before her daughter was to compete. A grief-stricken Rochette carried on and with two gutsy and poignant performances captured hearts around the world.

"That does seem like a long time ago," the six-time national champion told the Free Press in a telephone interview ahead of her seventh, cross-Canada Stars on Ice tour.

After carrying the Canadian flag in the Olympics closing ceremony, Rochette went home to Quebec to grieve in private. She skipped the world championships (she won silver the year before) but soon after began an as yet endless series of ice shows, personal appearances and motivational speeches. As spokesperson for University of Ottawa Heart Institute, she released a workout DVD and collaborated with Birks to design a heart-shaped pendant to raise funds for the Institute's iheartmom campaign. A trip with World Vision, the official charity of Stars on Ice, took her to a fishing village in Honduras. Rochette seldom unpacked her suitcase.

Over three weeks with the Stars tour, she'll play 12 Canadian cities, stopping in Winnipeg on May 9 (7 p.m., MTS Centre). Also on tour are reigning Olympic and world ice dance champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, 2014 Olympic medal hopefuls Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje, 2008 world champion Jeff Buttle and four-time world champion Kurt Browning, who choreographed this year's Love 'n' Life-themed show.

Since the 2010 Olympics, Rochette has competed twice against the who's who of women's skating at the invitational Japan Open. She won in 2010 and was second last year.

"I love to compete, but if I don't get invited again (to Japan) I'll still get back to training more intensely this summer because I want to be ready if I decide to compete again at the Olympics," she said.

"I don't want to go as a tourist (a non-contender). I want to be in great shape. For an athlete, it's always hard to go back to an Olympics after you've won a medal because you want to do better.

"I think I'll know (what decision to make) by how I feel on the ice. I love to skate and I think I'm still in good enough shape to go back but, at the same time, I could have other opportunities in my life," she said, continuing her one-person debate.

Rochette is already looking forward to a non-skating life -- finishing her college studies and one day having children. She has watched her boyfriend Guillaume Gfeller (a former Canadian ice dance competitor) make his own transition "to real life."

Skate Canada high performance director Mike Slipchuk plans to meet with Rochette sometime during the Stars tour to discuss her potential return to International Skating Union (ISU) competition. He wants to ensure she understands ISU Olympic eligibility requirements and Skate Canada's expectations before making her decision.

"If Joannie wanted to be part of the 2014 team, we'd love to have her. She's been a great competitor, a great role model for Canadian skating. Who wouldn't want her included in the mix?" said Slipchuk.

"Definitely Joannie would be among the top (competitors). She shows that each year at the Japan Open. Her experience and her international track record speak for itself," he added.

Since Rochette stepped away from ISU competition, her successors haven't come close to filling her boots. International results for the 2012 and 2011 national champions, Amelie Lacoste and Cynthia Phaneuf (also on the Stars tour), were dismal this season, relegating Canadian women to one entry for the 2013 world championships in London, Ont., where Olympic berths will be awarded.

Although Rochette might easily secure two berths with a top-10 result in London next year, her stated plan for now is to attend that event as a spectator.

Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 3, 2012 C6

Joannie ROCHETTE è a un bivio nella sua vita, dubbi sul modo in cui si compirà. Una strada potrebbe portarla di nuovo ai Giochi Olimpici - questa volta a Sochi, in Russia, nel 2014. L'altro porterebbe al resto della sua vita.

"Mi piacerebbe far parte della squadra olimpica canadese ancora una volta, di sicuro," ha dichiarato Rochette, del 2010 medaglia di bronzo olimpica che ha anche gareggiato a Torino nel 2006, finendo quinto.

"Mi piacerebbe tornare indietro e fare un'esperienza olimpica che è più luce sul cuore, di avere delle Olimpiadi felici. Ma al tempo stesso, è un grande impegno. Non si può fare spettacoli e viaggi tanto, ma mi piace fare spettacoli, "ha detto il 26-year-old skater figura.

Alle Olimpiadi di Vancouver, Rochette madre Teresa è morto di un attacco di cuore appena due giorni prima della sua figlia era a competere. Un accorato Rochette portato avanti e con due spettacoli coraggiose e commoventi catturato i cuori di tutto il mondo.

"Questo mi sembra molto tempo fa," il sei volte campione nazionale ha detto alla Free Press in un'intervista telefonica prima del suo settimo, cross-Canada Stelle in tour Ice.

Dopo aver effettuato la bandiera canadese nella cerimonia di chiusura Olimpiadi, Rochette andò a casa a Quebec a soffrire in privato. Ha saltato i campionati del mondo (ha vinto l'argento l'anno prima), ma subito dopo ha iniziato una serie ancora infinita di spettacoli sul ghiaccio, apparizioni personali e discorsi motivazionali. Come portavoce per l'Università di Ottawa Heart Institute, ha pubblicato un DVD di allenamento e ha collaborato con Birks per progettare un ciondolo a forma di cuore per raccogliere fondi per la campagna iheartmom dell'Istituto. Un viaggio con World Vision, la carità ufficiale di Stars on Ice, la portò in un villaggio di pescatori in Honduras. Rochette raramente scompattato la sua valigia.

Più di tre settimane con il tour Stars, lei giocare 12 città canadesi, fermandosi a Winnipeg il 9 maggio (7:00, MTS Centre). Anche in tour sono regnante olimpico e mondiale danza sul ghiaccio campioni del Tessa Virtue e Scott Moir, 2014 medaglia olimpica speranze Kaitlyn Weaver e Andrew Poje, 2008 campione del mondo Jeff Buttle e quattro volte campione del mondo di Kurt Browning, che ha coreografato la Vita di quest'anno Love 'n' -spettacolo a tema.

Dal Olimpiadi del 2010, Rochette ha gareggiato due volte contro il chi è chi del pattinaggio femminile in Giappone Invitational Open. Ha vinto nel 2010 e fu secondo lo scorso anno.

"Mi piace competere, ma se non mi ha invitato di nuovo (in Giappone) io sarò ancora tornare ad allenare più intensamente questa estate perché voglio essere pronto se decido di competere ancora una volta alle Olimpiadi", ha detto .

"Non voglio andare da turista (uno non-concorrente). Voglio essere in gran forma. Per un atleta, è sempre difficile tornare a una Olimpiade dopo aver vinto una medaglia perché si vuole fare di meglio.

"Penso che saprò (quale decisione di fare) di come mi sento sul ghiaccio. Mi piace pattinare e penso di essere ancora abbastanza in forma per tornare, ma, allo stesso tempo, potrei avere altri opportunità nella mia vita ", ha detto, continuando la sua sola persona dibattito.

Rochette è già in attesa di un non-skating vita - Finiti gli studi universitari e un giorno avere dei figli. Ha guardato il suo fidanzato Guillaume Gfeller (un ex concorrente canadese danza su ghiaccio), rendono il suo passaggio proprio "alla vita reale."

Skate Canada ad alte prestazioni regista Mike Slipchuk prevede di incontrarsi con Rochette in qualche momento durante il tour Stars per discutere il suo ritorno potenziale per International Skating Union (ISU) concorrenza. Vuole garantire capisce ISU requisiti di ammissibilità olimpici e Skate Canada aspettative prima di prendere la sua decisione.

"Se Joannie voluto essere parte del team 2014, ci piacerebbe avere. Lei è stato un grande concorrente, un modello di grande ruolo per il pattinaggio canadese. Chi non vorrebbe il suo incluso nel mix?" ha detto Slipchuk.

"Sicuramente Joannie sarebbe tra i primi (concorrenti). Ella mostra che ogni anno agli Open del Giappone. La sua esperienza e il suo track record internazionale parla per se stessa", ha aggiunto.

Dal momento che Rochette si allontanò dalla concorrenza ISU, i suoi successori non si sono avvicinati a colmare i suoi stivali. Risultati internazionali per il 2012 e il 2011 campioni nazionali, Amelie Lacoste e Cynthia Phaneuf (anche durante il tour Stars), sono stati triste in questa stagione, relegando le donne canadesi per una voce per i campionati del mondo del 2013 a Londra, Ont., Dove saranno posti olimpici assegnato.

Anche se Rochette potrebbe facilmente ottenere due posti barca con un top-10 risultato in Londra il prossimo anno, ha dichiarato il suo piano per ora è quello di partecipare a tale evento come spettatore.

Edited by _Adry_ - 24/7/2012, 19:02

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Eh???
    Ma ce la farà?
    Joannie ha adesso 26 anni, a Sochi ne avrà 28... età a cui raramente le pattinatrici rimangono nel circuito gare!
    Ok che non avrebbe ostacoli insormontabili ai nazionali canadesi, ma ce la farà a riprendere dopo tanti anni di assenza?

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Beh la Butyrskaya si era ritirata a trent'anni e quell'anno lì vinse anche gli Europei...;) più che altro peserà il fatto che è ferma da tanto tempo, negli show sembra molto in forma, ma quelli sono tutt'altra cosa! boh, vedremo... speriamo!!!! Io sarei felicissima se tornasse!!! :clap:

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    jpg

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    8c9c9a207582075 44c139207582081 46c4a0207582087 f89a62207582094 79f85a207582102

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    496b5c207610124 8af3ce207610133

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    65c6e3207851932 a0e55a207851941