1. Wolfie
        +2   +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Caydee Denney and John Coughlin

SHORT: musiche dal film d'animazione Anastasia

CITAZIONE
    They will be skating to music from the animated movie Anastasia for their short program.

"We're so excited about it," Denney said.

Denney will play the part of the mysterious Romanov princess. So that means Coughlin will be playing ... Rasputin?

"No, no!" Denney said, shrieking with laughter.

"Actually, the first thing we did was sit down and watch the movie together," Coughlin said. "Caydee knew it by heart."

"I love Disney," Denney confirmed (Anastasia is actually 20th Century Fox, not Disney). "I also love the connection that the Olympics is in Sochi, Russia, and Anastasia is the Russian princess. I think Russian audiences will enjoy it, and relate to it."

Marcotte has had a special version of the music recorded for the team, adding a piano part to the movie score.

"The piece of music that we're skating to doesn't sound like a Disney orchestrated piece," Coughlin said. "It's very mature, very different."

FREE: Casablanca

CITAZIONE
    Denney and Coughlin returned to Montreal on April 7 to get their free skate choreographed.

"I'm almost positive they're doing Casablanca -- they were working on it yesterday and they both love it," Sappenfield reported on April 9. "We wanted something that was more storytelling and charismatic, and both Julie and I felt like it would be a signature piece for them."

Coughlin confirmed that they will be skating to Casablanca.

"We're thrilled with the program," he said. "It is one we will look forward to performing each time."

Da un articolo su icenetwork.com

168 replies since 14/4/2013, 19:41   5738 views