Igor Shpilband lascia il team Canton

« Older   Newer »

1. ingriddiamond
        +1   -1

User deleted

OMG !! I'm totally shocked !!!

Coach Igor Shpilband fired from position at Canton's Arctic Figure Skating Club

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was fired from his position today at the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the rink, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."

Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said of Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May.

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

I read it here !!
    http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/SPOR...ext%­Sports

Edited by Andrea Rika - 4/6/2012, 02:06

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    O_o quasi non posso crederci e non si capisce nemmeno la reale motivazione... cioè non si sa a chi dar ragione!

Traduzione approssimativa (con bambini si intende allievi)
    CITAZIONE
    Pattinaggio coach Igor Shpilband è stato licenziato dalla sua posizione oggi alla figura Arctic Skating Club a Canton.Secondo Craig O'Neill, da lungo tempo direttore generale della pista, la mossa è stata fatta in parte perché le sue prime tre squadre, tra cui 2010 d'oro olimpica e medaglia d'argento, Tessa Virtue e Scott Moir del Canada, e gli americani Meryl Davis e Charlie White - - sentito come se "Igor non c'era più per loro".Shpilband, che con Marina Zoueva costruito il programma di danza su ghiaccio nel Canton nel migliori del mondo dopo aver lasciato il Detroit Skating Club quasi un decennio fa, appreso del suo licenziamento a circa 5:30 pm in un incontro con O'Neill e pista proprietario John Stansik."Sono totalmente scioccato", ha detto Shpilband. "Devo parlare con i bambini (pattinatori). Ho appena lasciato un messaggio con Meryl e Charlie. Egli (O'Neill) ha detto che i bambini non vogliono me la pista più. Per quale ragione, non lo so ".Zoueva, che sta rimanendo a FSC Artico, ha detto che Shpilband aveva creato un "conflitto di interessi" perché aveva detto che voleva lavorare esclusivamente con due nuove squadre. Ma O'Neill ha detto che non era un fattore nella decisione."Quello che John (Stansik) e ho fatto oggi era tutta basata sui bambini", ha detto O'Neill della virtù e Moir, Davis e White, e nel 2011 medaglia di bronzo mondiale Maia e Alex Shibutani. "Igor ha parlato di iniziare il suo programma , e coaching alcuni dei suoi stessi figli, e non abbiamo avuto problemi con questo. Il nostro obiettivo principale deve essere le prime tre squadre."C'era un sacco di problemi. Questo va avanti per un paio di mesi. Egli non ha messo a fuoco con i bambini. Cosa ne è venuto giù per i bambini era non voleva pattinare lì (in Canton) più con Igor. O se ne andavano o Igor stava lasciando."Gli abbiamo detto che i bambini non stavano per tornare in pista fino a quando abbiamo avuto questo incontro con voi."O'Neill ha detto che gli Stati Uniti di pattinaggio di figura è venuta a conoscenza dei problemi in pista a partire dalla fine di aprile o all'inizio di maggio.Alla domanda su cosa la reazione Shpilband al suo licenziamento era, O'Neill ha detto: "Era scioccato Assolutamente pavimentato.».Shpilband ha detto che l'ultima è incontrato con Davis e White, quattro volte campione degli Stati Uniti, un paio di settimane fa, prima di andare in vacanza."Sono sempre stato impegnato il 100% per i pattinatori", ha detto Shpilband.

3. ingriddiamond
        +1   -1

User deleted

End for Team Canton? Schpilband did the programs (choreographies), I think he needs to go to another country like France or Russia to take the risks. I understood the main problems are with Meryl & Charlie and I feel that Scott and Tessa really need a new trainer ¿but the Shibs? What will happen with them and the other students? The issues should be strong but personal definitely.

4. ingriddiamond
        +1   -1

User deleted

More Info:
    Coach Igor Shpilband out at Canton's Arctic Figure Skating Club

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was told by the owner of the Arctic Edge Arena and its general manager today that he is no longer at their club.

"I just got fired," Shpilband said this afternoon.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the Arctic Edge, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."

Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Shpilband said that he and Zoueva have had conflicts recently, namely over Zoueva's scheduling of their teams, saying that she hadn't been consulting him.

"To me, that's not a good partnership," he said. "Me and Marina had a good run, and I don't want it to end like this; two years after the Olympics (2014 in Sochi) we could have gone our seperate ways.

"Every partnership has arguments -- it our business together. It's give and take, but Marina didn't see it that way. She wanted me to go away. I worked for many years before Marina, I built and took skaters to the top podium in the world. But I felt like I needed Marina to (go) from worlds to the Olympics, which (was) incredible -- we did it together."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said of Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May. Shpilband said that when he spoke with Mitch Moyer, senior director of athlete high performance at U.S. Figure Skating, he said was about the "issue I had with Marina."

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

Shpilband said tonight that he will be meeting Monday with Davis and White.

Reached by phone, Davis declined comment. Attempts to reach Moir and White were unsuccessful.

"Honestly, I need some time to regroup," Shpilband said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. If Marina put it in a way -- her or me -- OK, I hope that not all skaters go that way, that they see (that ) I put my heart and soul into this."

Zoueva, who has worked with Shpilband since 2001, said: "He built the best-ever ice dance school. I'm very very sad. For me, it's real hard."

Shpilband's influence in ice dance in the United States has been huge over the last 20 years since he defected in 1990 from the Soviet Union and arrived at the Detroit Skating Club. He became an American citizen in 2000.

Shpilband coached many U.S. teams to national and international prominence, including Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow, who won four of their five U.S. titles in the 1990s under his mentorship.

In 1998, Shpilband partnered Tanith Belbin with Ben Agosto, whom with their silver medal finish at the 2006 Torino Games became the first American ice dance team to win an Olympic medal in 30 years.

Ice dance teams from the Arctic FSC have won seven of the last nine world medals, including in 2011 in Moscow, when Davis and White, Virtue and Moir, and the Shibutani siblings completed the first-ever North American sweep of the ice dance medals. With the win, Davis and White also brought home the first-ever American world gold medal in the discipline.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/SPOR...re-Skating-Club

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Povero Igor... sembra che l'abbiano trattato abbastanza male... conflitto d'interesse... probabilmente voleva allenare solo i russi RIAZANOVA / TKACHENKO ... (allora la federazione americana avrebbe motivo di preoccuparsi e un po' indisporsi) e in questo caso sarei stata d'accordo a richiamarlo, ma solo a richiamarlo non a licenziarlo!
    Pensate che colpo per il team Canton! Ora il centro di Detroit di Krilova e Camerlengo è sicuramente quello con il team migliore!

Traduzione di art on ice in italiano:
    Si spezza il gruppo d'oro della danza, "licenziato" Igor Shpilband
    Una notizia davvero inaspettata e clamorosa è giunta questa mattina a scuotere il mondo della danza su ghiaccio: l'Arctic Club di Canton ha dato il benservito a Igor Shpilband, il famoso allenatore che ha creato con Marina Zueva la scuola di danza più vincente degli ultimi anni, quella dei campioni olimpici e mondiali Virtue/Moir e Davis/White.
    Shpilband ha ricevuto la notizia, dice la stampa americana, durante una riunione ieri, domenica, nel pomeriggio con Craig O'Neill, direttore generale dell'Arctic Edge Arena, e con il proprietario dell'impianto John Stansik.
    "Sono stato appena silurato," - ha detto l'allenatore - "sono assolutamente scioccato. Devo parlare con i ragazzi. Ho appena mandato un messaggio a Meryl e Charlie; O'Neill mi ha detto che i ragazzi non mi vogliono più all'arena, non so per quale motivo."

L'allenatore, di origine russa ma cittadino americano dal 2000, ha parlato di dissidi negli ultimi tempi con Marina Zueva, principalmente sulla suddivisione oraria da dedicare alle varie coppie da loro allenate: "Per me non è una buona collaborazione. Io e Marina abbiamo fatto molta buona strada insieme e non voglio che finisca in questo modo. Due anni dopo le Olimpiadi di Sochi potremmo aver preso strade diverse."

Dal canto suo la Zueva, che resterà all'Arctic Club, ha detto che Igor ha creato un "conflitto di interesse", perché intendeva lavorare esclusivamente con due nuove coppie. Non è detto, nell'articolo della Detroit Free Press, quali siano queste due coppie. Secondo O'Neill tuttavia i fattori all'origine della decisione sono stati parecchi e quello decisivo sarebbe stato la volontà espressa dalle coppie di vertice di non voler più lavorare a Canton con lui: "O se ne andavano loro o se ne andava Igor", la sua conclusione.

Insomma, sembra di capire che il clima a Canton non era così idilliaco come spesso decantato, almeno non lo è stato negli ultimi mesi, se è vero che la federazione americana sarebbe stata a conoscenza dei problemi già dagli inizi di maggio.

Per ora, nessun commento di Davis/White, che sono in vacanza, e di Virtue/Moir. Shpilband pare ancora sotto shock e non ha idea, dice, di quale potrà essere il suo futuro.

Immaginiamo che la clamorosa vicenda avrà presto ulteriori sviluppi, si spera chiarificatori dei numerosi punti oscuri che per ora si intravvedono.

6.     +1   +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    speriamo che non ne risentano troppo davis white - virtue moir

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Aggionramento di art on ice

Shpilband cerca una nuova pista nel Michigan
    Cominciano ad arrivare aggiornamenti sulla vicenda del licenziamento di Igor Shpilband, piombata come una bomba questa mattina. Li dà il sito americano Icenetwork. Nel suo ultimo articolo viene precisato che Igor Shpilband lunedì mattina non si era ancora ripreso dall'essere stato cacciato il giorno precedente dallo staff dell'Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, Michigan.
    "Sono scioccato" ha detto, "non avevo idea che questo stesse accadendo". In base al report del Detroit Free Press, Shpilband è venuto a conoscenza del suo licenziamento intorno alle 17:30 di domenica in un meeting con Craig O'Neill, general manager dell'Arctic Edge, e con John Stansik, proprietario della pista.
    Viene inoltre detto che Marina Zueva rimarrà all'Arctic Edge Arena, mentre Shpilband cercherà una nuova sistemazione nell'area allargata di Detroit: "Sto ancora cercando di venirne a capo" - sono le sue parole - "Devo trovare un'altra pista nella zona dove io possa allenare. Ho molti pattinatori, e questa situazione è molto scomoda per loro. Devo trovare del ghiaccio."

Nessuna informazione invece su quali pattinatori seguiranno Shpilband (nella didascalia della foto si legge che la lista dei suoi allievi è incerta, ma in una prima edizione dell'articolo sotto la foto si poteva leggere che Davis/White non lo avrebbero più avuto come allenatore. Informazione a questo punto tutta da verificare). Niente ancora sul fronte delle dichiarazioni delle coppie allenate finora da lui, che, ricordiamo, comprendono Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Bates, Tobias/Stagniunas. Inoltre il gruppo di Canton avrebbe dovuto seguire per una consulenza estiva la coppia russa Riazanova/Tkachenko.

A proposito di russi, il direttore generale della federazione russa Valentin Piseev non ha certo perso tempo ed ha colto la palla al balzo per far sapere a Igor Shpilband che per lui potrebbero essere subito create condizioni ottimali per allenare nel caso volesse tornare nella madrepatria. Cosa che, stando alle dichiarazioni di Icenetwork, non dovrebbe avvenire.

La stampa russa ha dato molto risalto alla notizia e rsport.ru ha anche riportato alcune dichiarazioni di Marina Zueva che spiegano l'accaduto dal suo punto di vista. Secondo la Zueva, il "conflitto di interessi" è nato dall'intenzione di Shpilband di avviare una sua attività indipendente, all'interno del loro gruppo, con suoi propri allievi, senza il suo consenso. Non ci sarebbe alcun coinvolgimento delle coppie che allenano insieme. Viene anche riportata una frase conciliante ("Nulla è impossibile") a proposito di una ripresa della loro collaborazione, ma anche una valutazione senza patemi della loro separazione un anno e mezzo prima delle Olimpiadi di Sochi: "E' meglio adesso che due mesi prima."

Vedremo nei prossimi giorni gli sviluppi di questa intricata situazione.

Che traduce Icenetwork.com

Shpilband searches for new rink in Michigan, Dance coach 'in shock' over firing
    By Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com

(06/04/2012) - Igor Shpilband was still reeling Monday morning from being let go the day before from the staff of the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton, Mich.
    "I am in shock," he said. "I had no idea this was happening."

According to a report in the Detroit Free Press, Shpilband learned of his firing at around 5:30 p.m. on Sunday in a meeting with Craig O'Neill, general manager of the Arctic Edge, and rink owner John Stansik.

Since defecting from the former Soviet Union in 1990 and beginning his coaching career at the Detroit Skating Club, the 47-year-old Shpilband has become the preeminent ice dancing coach in the world. He teamed with Marina Zoueva, a former top Soviet ice dance competitor and choreographer for two-time Olympic pairs champions Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov, a decade ago. Together, they moved from the Detroit SC to the Arctic Edge in 2003.

Ice dance teams coached by Shpilband and Zoueva -- including Canadian Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, four-time U.S. champions and 2011 world champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and U.S. silver medalists and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani -- have brought home seven of the last nine medals at the world championships.

Zoueva remains at the Arctic Edge, while Shpilband will search for a new situation in the greater Detroit area.

"I'm still trying to figure it all out," he said. "I have to find another rink in the area where I can teach. I have a lot of skaters, and this is very inconvenient for them. I need to find ice."

In addition to the two top U.S. teams and the Canadians, U.S. competitors Madison Chock and Evan Bates, and Lithuanians Isabella Tobias and Deividas Stagniunas, among others, train at Arctic Edge.

8. ingriddiamond
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

I hope the Russian Federation tries to convince Schpilband to back and work there; I think the Team Canton is important but the fracture has started.

9. ingriddiamond
        +1   -1

User deleted

U.S. Figure Skating confirms top American teams to stay in Canton after Shpilband dismissal

A day after renowned figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was ousted as ice dance director at the Arctic Edge Arena, U.S. Figure Skating confirmed tonight that world ice dance medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani, will remain at the rink under the direction of Marina Zoueva.

The Free Press first reported Shpilband's dismissal on Sunday after he met with rink general manager Craig O'Neill and John Stansik, owner of the Arctic Edge. O'Neill cited Shpilband's lack of focus with the club's top ice dance teams -- which include Vancouver Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada -- as a reason for his ouster.

Shpilband started the ice dance school at the Arctic FSC in 2003, shortly after moving to Canton from the Detroit Skating Club.

In a release, the two American teams said that they had ended their relationship with Shpilband.

"After a long and rewarding partnership with Igor Shpilband, we hold the firm conviction that Igor's expertise and investment in our career have been integral to our success," Davis said. "We will have nothing but fond memories and sincere appreciation for our time with Igor."

Alex Shibutani said of Shpilband: "He is a great coach, and we appreciate everything he has done for us."

For the last decade, Shpilband, with Zoueva, had worked together to establish North America as an ice dance powerhouse.

Their teams have been particularly dominating recently: Over the last three years, Shpilband-and-Zoueva coached teams have captured seven of nine medals at the world championships, including winning all three in 2011 when Vancouver Olympic silver medalists Davis and White became the first-ever world ice dance gold medalists for the U.S. Davis and White led a North American (and Canton) sweep of the medals that year in Moscow, with Virtue and Moir winning world silver and the Shibutani siblings taking bronze.

Zoueva and O'Neill told the Free Press on Sunday that the top three teams would be remaining at the Canton rink. Shpilband and Zoueva also coached several other teams together, including Evan Bates and Madison Chock of the U.S. It is not known if Bates and Chock are remaining at the Arctic FSC.

Shpilband and Zoueva admitted in separate interviews with the Free Press on Sunday that a rift had opened between them recently, with Zoueva claiming that Shpilband wanted to open his own school and bring in his own new teams, independent of her, and Shpilband asserting that Zoueva wasn't consulting him on practice schedules.

On Sunday night, Jacqui White, who’s Charlie’s mother, posted a comment on the Free Press' Facebook page that appeared to confirm the tension between the coaches at the rink.

In response to a comment from a reader who had called the Canton dance teams “spoiled brats" in a post, Jacqui White wrote: “...I’m afraid you don’t know what you are talking about. This wasn’t initiated by the skaters, they are obviously only trying to hang on by the skin of their teeth to continue training while the coaches battle to the death and when convenient, use them as pawns in the fight. This is an old story of ‘who has control,’ where egos come into play and team cooperation erodes. The skaters in this scenario are not brats, but victims caught in the crossfire.”

In an e-mail to the Free Press this afternoon seeking comment on Shpilband's dismissal, Mike Slipchuk, who is Skate Canada's director of high performance, said he hadn't yet discussed the situation with Virtue and Moir.

“We are aware of the coaching situation in Canton, but do not have much information, other than what has been reported as we have not discussed it with Tessa and Scott," he said.

Also today, a Russian sports website (allsport.info.ru) reported that Valentin Piseev, director general of the Russian figure skating federation, would welcome Shpilband. Shpilband, a former Russian ice dancer, became an American citizen in 2000, a decade after he defected from the then-Soviet Union.

“We are pleased to accept and give him everything working conditions,” Piseev said on the English-translated Russian website.

According to the article, Piseev said he couldn’t believe that Shpilband and Zoueva had split, saying the tandem had for “many years worked so amicably and harmoniously. ... Perhaps there has developed some controversial situation and simply took up emotion?”

With the Sochi Olympics just two years away, Piseev said that Shpiband-Zoueva coached teams had "established the direction in ice dancing..."

He said that the Russian skating federation is considering contacting Shpilband within the next couple of days. Shpilband told icenetwork.com today that he wanted to remain in Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120604/SPOR...sey=tab%topnews

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    La notizia sopra in italiano, tradotta da art on ice:

Davis/White e gli Shibutani restano a Canton con Zueva

Licenziamento Shpilband atto terzo. Si delineano le scelte delle coppie di danza fino a domenica ufficialmente allenate dalla coppia Zueva-Shpilband. Dopo il clamoroso allontanamento di Igor dall'Arctic Edge Arena, le coppie americane Davis/White e Shibutani/Shibutani hanno deciso che resteranno ad allenarsi a Canton sotto la guida di Marina Zueva.
    Le due coppie hanno confermato di aver troncato il loro rapporto con Shpilband, pur con le dovute frasi di stima per lui (ma senza spiegare in definitiva nulla): "Dopo una lunga e gratificante collaborazione con Igor Shpilband, conserviamo la ferma convinzione che l'esperienza e l'investimento sulle nostre carriere sono stati fondamentali per il nostro successo" - ha dichiarato Meryl Davis - "Conserveremo solo cari ricordi e sincero apprezzamento per il tempo passato con Shpilband." E Alex Shibutani: "E' un grande allenatore e noi apprezziamo ogni cosa di ciò che ha fatto per noi."

Marina Zueva e Craig O'Neill hanno detto alla Free Press domenica che tutte e tre le coppie di vertice resteranno a Canton. Peraltro Mike Slipchuk, il responsabile del settore "Alte prestazioni" del Canada, ha fatto sapere di non aver ancora discusso la situazione con Tessa Virtue e Scott Moir.
    Non è ancora noto quale scelta faranno le altre coppie, tra cui quella americana Chock/Bates, in quella che ormai si sta delineando come una lotta di potere tra i due allenatori, con Shpilband che parla di dissidi per gli orari di allenamento e Zueva che accusa lui di voler avere una sua attività indipendente senza consultarla.
    Scenario confermato dalla madre di Charlie White, che parla dei pattinatori come "presi in mezzo" ad una battaglia tra i due e non responsabili dei dissidi.

11. ingriddiamond
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate Canada: Virtue, Moir staying with Zoueva
    Reiging Olympic champions Virtue, Moir to remain in Canton

Reigning world and Olympic champion ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will continue to be coached by Marina Zoueva at Arctic Edge Ice Arena in Canton, Mich., Skate Canada confirmed Wednesday on Twitter.
    A Twitter user asked the federation Tuesday on the social networking site, "Any news about V-M coaching? They stay with Marina Zoueva?"

Skate Canada replied, "yes, they are still with Marina."

While Zoueva and Arctic Edge General Manager Craig O'Neill confirmed to the Detroit Free Press on Sunday that the rink's top three teams -- including Virtue and Moir, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani -- would be remaining in Canton, neither the Canadians nor their federation made an official statement regarding their intentions until today.

This situation came about after the rink management's decision on Sunday to disallow Igor Shpilband, Zoueva's longtime coaching partner, from working at its facility.

by Icenetwork www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120606&content_id=32859900&vkey=ice_news

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...0&vkey=ice_news

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Ecco, e chissà le altre coppie da chi saranno allenate ora...

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Cacciare Igor non è stata una bella mossa, ora allenerà le coppie russe... clap clap clap

Anche Virtue/Moir con Marina Zueva

Nessun comunicato ufficiale, per ora, né tanto meno commenti. Solo uno scarno twitt di Skate Canada in risposta a una domanda diretta di una fan: "Notizie di Virue/Moir? Sono con Marina?" "Sì, sono ancora con Marina".
    Frase che poco dice ma che confermerebbe quanto asserito dalla Zueva e da Craig O'Neill nei giorni scorsi, cioè che le tre coppie di vertice sarebbero rimaste a Canton. Tanto è bastato comunque perché il sito Icenetwork, legato alla federazione americana, desse ieri la notizia come sicura. Per il momento dovremo accontentarci.
    In seguito alla diffusione dell'ultima notizia, il giornale americano Examiner ha provato a contattare direttamente Skate Canada, ricevendo una email in cui la federazione canadese dice di non avere in questo momento altri commenti oltre a quanto scritto su Twitter. Ci sarà però un comunicato ufficiale più avanti nella settimana, pubblicato sul loro sito web e su Facebook e Twitter.
    Resta da vedere come si sistemerà Igor Shpilband e quali coppie allenerà d'ora in avanti. Intanto il famoso allenatore continua ad essere corteggiato dalla federazione russa. E' il presidente Alexander Gorshkov, adesso, che auspica una collaborazione con Shpiband per le coppie di danza russe, anche se egli resterà nel Nord America.

14. sofiapassion
        +1   -1

User deleted

ragazze io ci sono rimasta malissimo! per me è sempre stato il miglior allenatore di danza insieme a Marina Zueva e non ho parole...io sono dalla parte di shpilband e quindi mi dispiace che le coppie di vertice lo hanno abbandonato....è pur vero che lui non ha ancora trovato una sede di allenamento e sarebbe stato impossibile seguirlo ma credo che lui sia migliore dell'altra allenatrice...non so davvero cosa dire!!

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Anonymous
    da artonice

Skate Canada conferma, Marina Zueva allenerà Virtue/Moir

Non si è fatto attendere molto il comunicato ufficiale di Skate Canada che conferma la continuazione del rapporto con Marina Zueva e lo staff di Canton, dopo l'allontanamento di Igor Shpilband, per i campioni olimpici.
    Secondo il comunicato, "essendo in corso la preparazione per la stagione 2012/13, Marina Zueva sarà l'allenatrice principale della coppia".

Tessa Virtue e Scott Moir, informa la federazione canadese, erano assenti da Canton da sei settimane, periodo nel quale hanno preso parte alla tournée di Stars on Ice e fatto un periodo di vacanza. Al loro ritorno a Canton hanno appreso che la loro coppia di allenatori si era divisa.

"La loro collaborazione come allenatori aveva creato un ambiente di lavoro piacevole e produttivo e, insieme, abbiamo avuto molto successo sul ghiaccio." - ha dichiarato Scott - "Siamo stati ovviamente molto delusi nel ricevere la notizia che Marina e Igor non lavoravano più insieme."
    La coppia adesso sta preparando due nuovi programmi e si sta concentrando sugli allenamenti, fa sapere Skate Canada.

Qualche altra notizia sull'affaire Shpilband arriva dalla Lituania e dalla Russia. Marina Zueva avrebbe contattato indirettamente, tramite un giudice lituano, Margarita Drobiazko e Povilas Vanagas, coppia di danza ritiratasi da anni dall'agonismo e che ora vive e lavora a Mosca (è parte del cast di pattinatori degli shows di Ilya Averbukh), per un loro eventuale trasferimento come allenatori presso il gruppo di Canton.
    Povilas Vanagas ha però rifiutato l'offerta, riferisce il giornale russo Sport.mail.ru, non essendo i due pattinatori per il momento interessati alla carriera di allenatori.

19 replies since 4/6/2012, 00:57   562 views