+1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Cain and Reagan announce end of partnership
    Dallas-based pairs team most recently finished sixth at U.S. Championships

By U.S. Figure Skating

sHJCYzgN
    (02/24/2012) - Pairs skaters Ashley Cain and Joshua Reagan, the 2010 U.S. novice and 2011 U.S. junior champions, announced they have ended their partnership. Both athletes plan to continue their respective figure skating careers.
    Cain and Reagan, who trained in Euless, Texas, under coaches David Kirby and Peter Cain, formed their partnership in April 2009.

They made their senior debut this season, placing fourth at 2011 Cup of Nice and sixth at 2011 Rostelecom Cup. They closed their season with a sixth-place showing at the 2012 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships in January.

A season ago, the duo qualified for the Junior Grand Prix Final, placing fifth, before earning the 2011 U.S. junior title and placing fourth at the 2011 World Junior Championships. They are the only pairs team to win U.S. novice and junior titles in consecutive seasons.

"Thank you to all of our fans for your support," Reagan said. "I have enjoyed skating with Ashley and wish her the best as she continues her career. I am going to keep skating and hope to find another partner soon."

Cain has also enjoyed a successful singles career, most recently winning the 2012 U.S. junior silver medal. She made her international singles debut last fall, placing fifth and sixth, respectively, at JGP Romania and JGP Latvia. Cain is also the 2010 U.S. novice silver medalist.

"I want to thank everyone who has supported us as a team for the past three years," Cain said. "I will be focusing on my singles career, and will also continue to actively pursue a career in pairs skating."

2 replies since 25/2/2012, 10:02   511 views