Russian Figure Skating Championships 2011/2012

25-29 Dec, Saransk (S) / 1-4 Feb, Balashikha (J)

« Older   Newer »

1. Andrea Rika
        +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Dichiarazioni di Plushenko dopo il programma libero:

CITAZIONE
    Plushenko wins ninth Russian figure skating title on return

MOSCOW — Former Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko enjoyed a winning return to the amateur ranks on Monday when he claimed a ninth Russian figure skating title.

The 29-year-old three-time world champion, who finished second behind America's Evan Lysacek at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, confirmed his leading position after the short programme by winning the free programme to collect 269.67 points overall.

The result was just 0.63 points off the mark of Canada's Patrick Chan which allowed him to win this year's ISU Grand Prix final.

"Frankly speaking I almost forgot how to compete," Plushenko, the 2006 Olympic champion, said.

"I'm still on the way to my top form and there's plenty of work to do for it. I'm happy to win my ninth Russia title and now I will start my preparations for the European championships."

Plushenko, returning to amateur competitions after his 2010 Vancouver disappointment, added that he would have to undergo surgery on his left leg after next month's European championships in Sheffield.

"I will have an operation on my leg after the European championships -- I will be completely ready for the event," he said.

Fellow Saint Petersburg skater Artur Gachinsky was second, 10 points behind the winner, while Muscovite Sergei Voronov, who was fifth after the short programme, took third with 240.79 points.

Plushenko's coach Alexei Mishin praised his skater's return at the event held at Saransk.

"Yevgeny put plenty of effort and emotion into this return. It's a real feat," he said.

INTERVISTE:

Plushenko:

Presumo che abbia detto questo, più o meno:
    CITAZIONE
    "I had a hard time - admitted Plushenko told reporters. - Mostly psychologically. Have not competed in a long time, plus the injury's impact. Leg does not work 100 percent. I'm being careful about it. But I'm glad that was able to quickly prepare for the Championship of Russia. All still I had the surgery, then injected into the knees - and still rapidly prepared. And I suppose, and with an error, but performed a quadruple jump. For me it is very important, I needed to overcome the fear of a painful left foot push. "

"Most recently, in training I tried the quad, and there was a small ligamentstear - added skater. - So I'm pleased that I rotated four times. Satisfied that I finished. There are many nuances, many mistakes, there's still a lot of work on the program left to be done. But in general, for today I give myself 4+ "

Plushenko thanked fans greeted him with a standing ovation performance. "I'm concerned about public support, - said the athlete. - I know that guys and girls come from Moscow, from Petersburg, all of my fan club going. Even in Japan, people have arrived. Thanks to all of them great."

According to the Olympic champion, he had no doubt start if the championship of Russia.

"Long ago I decided to compete here no matter what, - said Plushenko. - The only thing was whether to do a quadruple jump, or replace it with a lighter combination triple lutz-triple toe loop. But just three or four days ago, I began to sometimes land the quad. Today at the warm-up before the skate, I did a clean one, and for me it was quite a surprise. Even I was flummoxed a bit, going for a second consecutive quad, but already in the competition, I twitched one. "

Skater said that for him, no matter the result, he will at the national championship. "I do not care what I take place here. The main thing - to return to the game, so the body remembered how to do that - said Plushenko.

The Olympic champion said that he could perform a more complex version of the short program.

"Actually, I had planned to stage 4-3, - said Plushenko. - But as I made an error on the quad, I did not do a triple, could not risk it. So I added a double jump after lutz. I decided that this is enough for me for today. For that very far from the ideal form, in which I am, I'm happy with my performance. The next competition will be better. "

The athlete is not in doubt, he will be there on Monday for the free program. "Why I came here then?"- Said Plushenko.

- By the way, I do not even remember how I scored?
    - 88 points.
    - And this is good - 88?
    - First place.
    - Wait a minute! That's me in the first place?

CITAZIONE
    Intro :
    Evgeny Plushenko is once again on course for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
    The 2006 Olympic gold medalist has made an impressive comeback from injury, clinching the Russian championship for the ninth time.

1. SOUNDBITE: Evgeny Plushenko, figure skater (speaking Russian):
    - Thank God, I made it today, reached the finish. I’m very happy with my result, that I’ve won the Russian championship for the ninth time, it’s already some kind of record. I’m happy I’ve made a quadruple jump, other combinations, the cascade. But it was hard, of course, because of a long break in participation, and since my injury it is the first important tournament. It was emotionally hard to get through his barrier. This emotional part has to be overcome. I made it.

- RT: Do you feel difference in skating now and before the trauma?
    - A: Of course, there is difference. Because I’ve passed through another operation. When you go through an operation, the organism functions in a different way. And this operation is not the final one, I’m to go on another one. So, the difference, the difference is only in health part. In my mind, I fell I’ve become younger. And for all those who didn’t believe in me, I want to say – ‘I’m back’.

- RT: Did you somehow worry about your leg condition, did you try to Save it, use it more carefully?
    - A.: You know, during the training I’m trying to make some kind of ‘deal’, because some two weeks ago, I strained my leg at the quadruple jump. For a long time I didn’t do this jump because of the leg. Then I felt better and Aleksey Nikolaevich [coach] and I decided I need to train for the jump. I went on the ice, made the triple one, then the quadruple. And I was so happy with it, that I wanted to repeat it and make a better one. But then I sprained the ligament. So, now I’m trying to make a ‘deal’ with the leg, but in the tournament I didn't play it safe. If you are already in the tournament, then you need to skate to your full ability.

- RT: The last question – you’ve said numerously that your goal is Sochi (Olympics). Why do you need it?
    - A.: What do you mean why? What’s the question.

- RT: It’s not the first Olympics, not even the second one.
    - A.: So, do you imagine to skate the fourth one? Who will do it, except for me? I will try, I will. Of course it is hard, with another two years to wait. It is still much time. But I will try to prepare myself emotionally and physically at a high level. And it is really possible. Whoever said that at 27-28 years you can’t skate, that’s not true, you can. It is just that you have to want it a lot. You got to have a dream, have a goal. And you have to be sure you are strong. I think I am strong. I repeat, it will be very difficult, but it is possible. 00:00 - 03:36

Story

The three-time world champion took the men's singles title at the tournament in the Russian city of Saransk, with an impressive total of 259.67 points - despite a recent knee injury.

“I’m very happy with my result, that I’ve won the Russian championship for the ninth time, it’s already some kind of record. I’m happy I’ve made a quadruple jump, other combinations, the cascade. But it was hard, of course, because of a long break in participation, and since my injury it is the first important tournament”, Plyushenko said.

Artur Gachinsky finished second with 249.58 points, while Sergey Voronov took bronze with a result of 240.79.

Plushenko says he now has his sights set on the Sochi games, which will be the fourth Olympics of his career:
    “I will try, I will. Of course it is hard, with another two years to wait. It is still much time. But I will try to prepare myself emotionally and physically at a high level. And it is really possible. Whoever said that at 27-28 years you can’t skate, that’s not true, you can. It is just that you have to want it a lot. You got to have a dream, have a goal. And you have to be sure you are strong. I think I am strong. I repeat, it will be very difficult, but it is possible", he told RT.

Tatiana Tarasova

presumo di aver trovato la traduzione:
    CITAZIONE
    Cor.: …. Artur Dmitriev and Ivan Bariev – these two boys had their best skate today
    Tarasova: Yes, good job, the youngsters are great but (interrupting the correspondent) I have no desire to speak about anything else but…
    Cor.: That’s for sure. I mean, they skated so well probably due to Zhenya’s participation in the competitions. He pushed everyone.
    Tarasova: Yes, because they would be ashamed, just ashamed! A man made such a great comeback! You know, frankly, I was crying. I’m a coach who has been working for hundred years already and it’s the 1st time that I see such an outstanding return. I just can’t get fully aware of what he managed to do today. I don’t see the difference between what Zhenya was in old time and what he is today. I see his perspective; he of course is able to do two quads.
    He sometimes used to have trouble on his lutz too. But [today] after he made a mistake he did one more lutz. You know when he did a quad jump, even though with a little error on his landing, when he did 3A-3T combination and one more axel, I realized, after that he would string the jumps like on a skewer , he would let no one to take it from him, he wouldn’t let himself to give it up.
    That’s a true thing that we have. Не needs nothing to provide for him, he himself will take it all! Why I say so, because yesterday I was talking with a member of the technique committee, a person who is also a mother [of an athlete], and she said: «We have never been given a chance». But the chance they [must] win themselves. For all this generation, 18 athletes which are here today, and for junior team Plushenko along with Alexei Nikolaevich and his other coaches has done a great deal, he showed how to do it. And they saw this, they know this. I am humanly grateful to him, I admire him; of course I gave him a standing ovation but he gave me a faith that he can do it. And only such people can win, very strong intellectually, technically. He is standing with his choreographer and his off-ice coach and Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin who is a professor, who does everything [for him] And of course there's no denying that he has colossal talent that he got from his mother and father. I congratulate his parents, his wife who is rooting for him and all of us… We are sitting here exhausted. You know it’s like when you visit some outstanding dramatics or concert and you are ready to thank on your knees for making you to empathize. I’m grateful that he made me to empathize, to remember the past, all about him, how he took ice, how they competed with Alyoshka Yagudin, how he aimed for another Olympics… And how he appeared now. That’s not even a world record, that’s a phenomenon. And he has to work so much, work is just beginning, this process can never be stopped.

Edited by Andrea Rika - 28/12/2011, 21:52

30 replies since 18/12/2011, 21:36   2523 views