Edited by •Silvy on Ice~ - 24/10/2011, 23:22

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Da golden skate:

Late-bloomer Razzano gains stamina

razzano_0812
    It has been five seasons since Arizona native Douglas Razzano finished in fourth place at the 2008 Junior Grand Prix Final in Gdansk, Poland. The 23-year-old struggled to make a name for himself on the senior level—failing to crack the top ten at the U.S. Championships in his first tries, but is now making a charge towards the podium, falling just short of earning a medal earlier this year in San Jose at the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
    The turning point came in Greensboro, N.C., at the 2011 U.S. Championships where Razzano placed 10th overall, but skated in the final flight of men in the free skate after a fifth place finish in the short program.
    “I think that’s where I started to embrace all of this confidence that I now have,” he shared. “That was one of the best competitions of my life if not the best. Also, that year I started seeing a hypnotherapist and I attribute so much of mental strength and ability to that. It really has changed how I look at things. It has taught me to really embrace each moment, and how much of a process it is to get there. It’s carried me through to now, and it has worked for me.”
    Razzano’s confidence began to grow throughout last season which he kicked off with strong showings in summer competitions. In early October, he won the silver medal at Finlandia Trophy in Vantaa, Finland, before getting a last minute invitation to Skate America in Ontario, Calif.
    “It certainly was a confidence boost to know that the international committee was behind me,” said Razzano, who finished in seventh place. “Skating on the Grand Prix was a big goal of mine, and it was great to be invited.”
    Razzano headed to the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in San Jose, Calif., full of confidence, and ready to compete. Though he finished eighth in the short program, he was able to move up to fifth place overall with a strong free skate.
    Since then, he has been back to the grind placing most of the emphasis of his training on his signature quadruple toe loop and bringing his programs to life.
    “My stamina is coming back, and I’ve been working really hard to get the quad consistent,” he explained. “I can do it, but I need to be able to do it almost every single time, so that’s taking some focus. Every day in practice, I’m working to reach out and connect more—even if there is nobody in the stands. I’m pushing the boundaries and limits. I’m treating every run through as a performance, because that’s what it really is.”
    Razzano continues to train with two-time Olympian Doug Ladret in Scottsdale, Ariz., with whom he has worked since he was 12 years old.
    “My mom made the switch to Doug because she knew that I needed someone who I wouldn’t walk all over,” he said with a laugh. “She knew that he could get me to where I needed to go in my skating career. He is almost like family to me now—I feel like an adopted son.”
    Razzano also trains with Ladret’s wife, Lara, and with Grant Rorvick, who toured with Ice Capades for seven years.
    “Lara tells me things in a different way than Doug—she’s more analytical,” he explained. “Sometimes what she tells me makes the biggest difference. Grant focuses on the overall look of the programs.”
    Razzano will keep last year’s Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 short program, but he has a new free skate to Queen Symphony composed by Tolga Kashif—a symphonic version of music by the band Queen.
    “This program is very different for me,” he said. “It’s a bit of a departure, but it’s not a complete departure because it’s a little bit classical, which is my style. The program is very big, and it’s going to require a lot of stamina, a lot of performance, and a lot of over the top things.”
    Razzano choreographed the program in collaboration with his coach (Doug) Ladret and choreographer Sandra Bezic.
    “Doug and I choreographed it, and made it comfortable for me,” he explained. “Sandra Bezic decorated it. She added an arm here and there. It really was a collaborative effort, and she kind of embellished the things that Doug and I needed to do technically, and she decorated it.”
    Team Razzano has taken special care to cater his programs this season to his strengths with the goal of creating a more consistent package from one competition to the next.
    “We constructed my programs to my abilities,” he said. “Of course they are (International Judging System) friendly, but you have to be able to do what you can do successfully almost all of the time. The people who do that are the most successful. You build their programs to your strengths, and I attribute a lot of my success to that, and it’s helped with my consistency. Even if I have a difficult practice the morning of a competition, I know that I can still do my programs.”
    Like most skaters, Razzano compliments his training with off ice activities.
    “I run a lot which I attribute to not only my physical but also my mental strength,” he offered. “I always say that running is like a mini therapy session because it helps me to clear my head. I run about three times a week between one and three miles. I also do a lot of Pilates and core work and a lot of hiking.”
    Razzano has once again been invited to compete at Skate America—this time in Kent, Wash., and with a little more time to prepare.
    “Last year, I had five days to prepare, and I’m trying to pace myself and not get overwhelmed because last year I didn’t have time for that,” he noted. “I’m really trying to take it easy and go with it. I’m trying to stay as calm as possible because it worked last year.”
    His goals for this season are lofty, but Razzano is confident in stating them.
    “I would like to skate well and be on the podium at Skate America,” he said. “I want to be on the podium at nationals. I want to be on the Four Continents team, and I would like to be on the world team.”
    To accomplish his goals, Razzano believes he knows exactly what he has to do.
    “I need a more consistent quad toe, and more consistent performances throughout the season,” he said. “I also need to be constantly pushing the boundaries with the performance aspect of the programs.”
    Outside of the rink, Razzano has had an exciting summer—spending time with two of his best friends.
    “I went to Hawaii with my friend Bianca Butler and her family,” he shared. “They have a timeshare, and I basically just tag a long. That’s always fun. A month later, I went to California to visit (Butler) and Adam Rippon, and I got together and had a really fun weekend.”
    When he isn’t training himself, Razzano spends time in the rink working as a skating coach.
    “I teach private lessons and group class,” he offered. “I’m a secondary coach because I don’t want the responsibility of being a head coach while I am still competing. So, if one of the coaches wants me to do this or that, I do it. I work with skaters who have not yet tested (in the US Figure Skating system) up to junior ladies. I also have my real estate license at the request of my mother. Sometimes if she overloaded with work, I do some of the things that she needs me to do.”
    Razzano was scheduled to compete this weekend at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in southern California, but withdrew earlier in the week. It is expected that he will present his programs at Champs Camp in order to receive feedback for his Grand Prix assignment.

Traduzione:
    E 'stato cinque stagioni dal Arizona nativo Douglas Razzano concluso al quarto posto al Junior Grand Prix Final 2008 a Danzica, Polonia. Il 23-year-old ha lottato per fare un nome per se stesso al livello di alti-omettendo di rompere la top ten ai Campionati degli Stati Uniti nei suoi primi tentativi, ma ora sta facendo una carica verso il podio, di cui poco meno di guadagnare una medaglia all'inizio di quest'anno a San Jose in Stati Uniti 2012 Figure Skating Championships.
    La svolta avvenne in Greensboro, NC, agli US Championships 2011 in cui Razzano decimo posto complessivo, ma pattinato nella fuga finale degli uomini nel pattino libero dopo un quinto posto nel programma corto.
    "Penso che lì ho iniziato ad abbracciare tutto ciò la fiducia che ora ho", ha condiviso. "E 'stata una delle migliori gare della mia vita se non il migliore. Inoltre, quello stesso anno ho cominciato a vedere un ipnoterapeuta e io attribuisco tanta forza mentale e la capacità di questo. E 'davvero ha cambiato il mio modo di vedere le cose. Mi ha insegnato ad abbracciare davvero ogni momento, e quanto di un processo che è quello di arrivarci. Mi ha portata a ora, e ha lavorato per me. "
    La fiducia Razzano cominciò a crescere in tutta la scorsa stagione che ha preso il via con proiezioni forti nelle competizioni estive. Ai primi di ottobre, ha vinto la medaglia d'argento al Finlandia Trophy a Vantaa, in Finlandia, prima di ottenere un invito last minute a Skate America, in Ontario, in California
    "Certo, era una iniezione di fiducia sapere che la commissione internazionale era dietro di me", ha detto Razzano, che ha chiuso al settimo posto. "Pattinaggio su Grand Prix è stato un mio grande obiettivo, ed è stato bello essere invitato."
    Razzano diretto verso gli Stati Uniti 2012 Figure Skating Championships a San Jose, in California, pieno di fiducia, e pronto a competere. Anche se l'ottavo posto nel programma corto, era in grado di spostare fino al quinto posto assoluto con un pattino forte e libero.
    Da allora è tornato a macinare mettere più l'accento della sua formazione sul suo toe loop firma quadruple e portando i suoi programmi alla vita.
    "La mia resistenza sta tornando, e ho lavorato sodo per ottenere il quad coerente", ha spiegato. "Posso farlo, ma ho bisogno di essere in grado di fare quasi ogni volta, in modo che sta assumendo una certa attenzione. Ogni giorno, in pratica, sto lavorando per raggiungere e collegare più, anche se non c'è nessuno in tribuna. Sto spingendo i confini e limiti. Sto trattando ogni run attraverso come una performance, perché è quello che realmente è. "
    Razzano continua ad allenarsi con il due volte olimpionico Doug Ladret a Scottsdale, in Arizona, con il quale ha lavorato da quando aveva 12 anni.
    "Mia madre è passato al Doug perché sapeva che avevo bisogno di qualcuno che non voleva più andare tutto", ha detto con una risata. "Sapeva che avrebbe potuto farmi dove ho bisogno di andare nella mia carriera di pattinaggio. E 'quasi come una famiglia per me, ora mi sento come un figlio adottivo ".
    Razzano allena anche con la moglie Ladret, Lara, e con Grant Rorvick, che in tour con Capades Ice per sette anni.
    "Lara mi dice le cose in modo diverso da Doug-lei è più analitica", ha spiegato. "A volte quello che lei mi dice che fa la differenza più grande. Di Grant si concentra sul l'aspetto generale dei programmi ".
    Razzano non mancherà di tenere l'anno scorso di Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 programma corto, ma ha un pattino nuovo libero di Regina Symphony composta da Tolga Kashif, una versione sinfonica di musica dalla Regina band.
    "Questo programma è molto diverso per me," ha detto. "E 'un po' di partenza, ma non è una partenza completa perché è un po 'po' classica, che è il mio stile. Il programma è molto grande, e sta andando richiedere un sacco di resistenza, un sacco di performance, e un sacco di sopra delle cose migliori. "
    Razzano coreografato il programma in collaborazione con il suo allenatore (Doug) Ladret e coreografo Sandra Bezic.
    "Doug e io la coreografia, e reso confortevole per me," ha spiegato. "Sandra Bezic decorato. Ha aggiunto un braccio qua e là. È stato davvero uno sforzo collaborativo, e lei tipo di abbellito le cose che Doug e avevo bisogno di fare, tecnicamente, e lei lo gusto. "
    Squadra Razzano ha avuto particolare attenzione per soddisfare i suoi programmi in questa stagione ai suoi punti di forza con l'obiettivo di creare un pacchetto più consistente da un concorso all'altro.
    "Abbiamo costruito i miei programmi per le mie capacità", ha detto. "Certo che lo sono (Sistema Internazionale giudicare) amichevole, ma devi essere in grado di fare ciò che si può fare con successo quasi tutto il tempo. Le persone che lo fanno sono di maggior successo. Si costruisce i propri programmi ai vostri punti di forza, e mi attribuiscono un sacco del mio successo a questo, ed è aiutato con la mia coerenza. Anche se ho una pratica difficile la mattina di un concorso, so che posso ancora fare i miei programmi. "
    Come la maggior parte pattinatori, Razzano complimenta con la sua formazione con attività di ghiaccio al largo.
    "Ho un sacco che io attribuisco non solo il mio fisico, ma anche la mia forza mentale", ha offerto. "Io dico sempre che la corsa è come una seduta di terapia mini perché mi aiuta a schiarirmi le idee. Corro circa tre volte alla settimana da uno a tre miglia. Ho anche fare un sacco di lavoro e Core Pilates e un sacco di escursioni. "
    Razzano è stato nuovamente invitato a competere a Skate America, questa volta nel Kent, nello stato di Washington, e con un po 'di tempo per prepararsi.
    "L'anno scorso, ho avuto cinque giorni per preparare, e sto provando a passeggiare me stesso e non lasciatevi confondere perché l'anno scorso non ho avuto tempo per questo", ha osservato. "Sto davvero cercando di prendere facilmente e andare con lui. Sto cercando di rimanere il più calmo possibile, perché ha funzionato l'anno scorso. "
    I suoi obiettivi per questa stagione sono alta, ma Razzano è fiducioso nel dire loro.
    "Vorrei a pattinare bene e di essere sul podio a Skate America," ha detto. "Voglio essere sul podio ai cittadini. Voglio essere il team di quattro Continenti, e vorrei far parte della squadra del mondo ".
    Per raggiungere i suoi obiettivi, Razzano crede di sapere esattamente quello che deve fare.
    "Ho bisogno di un dito del piede quad più coerente, più coerenti e spettacoli per tutta la stagione," ha detto. "Ho anche bisogno di essere costantemente spingere i confini con l'aspetto delle prestazioni dei programmi."
    Al di fuori della pista, Razzano ha avuto un entusiasmante estate trascorrere del tempo con due dei suoi migliori amici.
    "Sono andato alle Hawaii con la mia amica Bianca Butler e la sua famiglia", ha condiviso. "Hanno una multiproprietà, e io fondamentalmente solo tag a lungo. E 'sempre divertente. Un mese più tardi, sono andato in California per visitare (Butler) e Adam Rippon, e ho avuto insieme e tenevano un fine settimana davvero divertente. "
    Quando non si sta addestrando, Razzano passa il tempo in pista a lavorare come allenatore di pattinaggio.
    "Insegno lezioni private e lezioni di gruppo", ha offerto. "Sono un allenatore secondaria, perché non voglio la responsabilità di essere un head coach, mentre io sto ancora in competizione. Quindi, se uno degli allenatori vuole che io faccia questo o quello, lo faccio. Io lavoro con i pattinatori che non hanno ancora testati (nel sistema americano di pattinaggio di figura) fino alle donne junior. Ho anche la mia licenza immobiliare, su richiesta di mia madre. A volte se sovraccarico di lavoro, devo fare alcune delle cose che ha bisogno che io faccia ".
    Razzano è stato programmato per competere questo fine settimana al Summer Classic Glacier Falls nel sud della California, ma si è ritirato all'inizio della settimana. Si prevede che presenterà i suoi programmi a Camp Champs al fine di ricevere feedback per il suo compito Grand Prix.

4. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

SKATE AMERICA 2012

c43b58218145728 ac653f218145739 c2740d218145746 3b13f5218145753 e2129c218145764

5. sofiapassion
        +1   -1

User deleted

imagebam.com

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    U.S. International Figure Skating Classic 2014

4° posto
    Video

Video

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Intervista di 30 secondi per ogni pattinatore statunitense della Nazionale

Pubblicazione di U.S. Figure Skating.

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Skate America 2014

2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan 2014_Hilton_HHonors_Skate_America_Douglas_Razzan

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Douglas Razzano si ritira dalle competizioni
    Fonte

Ecco il suo lungo messaggio:
    Never in my life could I have imagined that I would feel so at peace with the decision to give up skating competitively. After all, it's all I have known for 17 years.
    But it is because I am so at peace that I feel my decision is "right." Candidly, the most difficult part of this process was pressing "send" on the email to the chair of U.S. Figure Skating's International Committee, Wendy Enzmann, and, thus, making the decision final. Now, several days after that email was fired off into cyberspace, I am happy to report that I'm still good!

While skating has opened so many doors in my life, there are many other avenues I have wanted to explore but couldn't because I was training full time. I didn't win any major titles in my skating career, but that isn't how I define my success on the ice. I would have loved to have been a U.S. champion, but I can move away from competing knowing that I have followed my heart. I am listening to it now that it has told me: "No more."
    My fondest skating memory is, and always will be, my 2014 U.S. Championships free skate, which I performed to Turandot, in Boston. Not only was it so monumental to me in the moment, but it was even more special because I felt as if I brought myself out of the trenches from the season before (he finished 12th at the 2013 U.S. Championships) and redeemed myself. It was a culmination of those feelings, the pressure of the Olympic season, an amazingly emotional performance and a standing ovation that still, to this day, sends shivers through me and, thus, makes it the most special moment of my career.

I will certainly miss the opportunity to create those moments that bring people to their feet, when you do something magical when the stakes are at their highest. There is really no better feeling in the world.
    I will also miss the structure that competing and training brought to my daily life. I am an extremely regimented person, so it has been strange not to be obligated to go into the rink every day. Despite that, I still feel the guilt when I don't go in for my session in the morning!

On the other hand, I, hands down, won't miss the moments after my name is announced and I know I'm on live television about to start my free skate, standing in the starting position at center ice, hearing the clicks of the cameras in a silent arena, praying that my music doesn't start yet. People who have not gone through this have no idea how stressful those moments are.

Just because I won't be out on the ice at the U.S. championships, where I have competed since my days as a novice back in 2004, doesn't mean I am leaving the sport.
    I have lots plans for my post-competition life. First, I will start teaching more now that I have the time and don't have to work around my training schedule. I have been doing a lot of choreography for skaters at my rink. Already this year, I've done five programs for skaters ranging from pre-preliminary to senior, and will be starting three more in the next few weeks. It is definitely something I enjoy doing and want to pursue for a long time. I also will teach at a few seminars throughout the summer and fall.

I have several shows lined up this summer, including the Saturday night show in Lake Placid on the Fourth of July! Two weeks later, I will perform in the US Athletic Foundation's fifth annual "An Evening on Ice," which includes a cast that is just simply ridiculous...in a good way, of course! Joining me on the ice will be Olympian Gracie Gold, world champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, world silver medalists Madison Chock and Evan Bates, two-time U.S. champion Alissa Czisny and so many more. I've also been offered some opportunities to perform in other shows later this year, so you definitely haven't seen the last of me on the ice!
    I am going to start working toward earning technical panel appointments, which is something I can do and still retain my status as a coach and choreographer. I plan to remain actively involved in the Athletes Advisory Committee and the Athlete Development Committee. Being able to interact with younger athletes is something I love to do.

Away from the rink, I would like to pursue modeling. Print modeling, of course, as you won't see this 5-foot-7 guy strutting down a runway any time soon...nor do I have the desire to go that route.

Looking back on my career, I've been so lucky to have the most amazing support system I could have ever asked for. My coaches, Doug and Lara Ladret, Grant Rorvick, Ben Agosto and Lynne Petta -- I am forever grateful for the guidance, support and love they've shown me during my 17-year career. My friends, new and old, have been so invaluable during my entire career. It was always the best feeling to know that my peers have been through, or were going through, the exact same trials and tribulations as I was. My rink, the Ice Den in Scottsdale, Arizona, has been instrumental in allowing me to continue to train for so many years. My family has sacrificed so much so that I could pursue this crazy dream of mine. Finally, the person who has supported me unwaveringly during my entire skating journey, which, at times, seemed like a wild roller-coaster ride -- my mother, Arlene. She is my biggest fan and the person I go to for advice at a moment's notice. I love her so much, and I am fortunate beyond words to have her in my corner.

If there's anything I've learned over these years, it's this: That despite all the doubters, the haters and any negative influences you encounter, if you love to do something, don't let anything stop you or get in your way of doing it. I haven't had the most consistent career and have dealt with all of those things I just mentioned. Still, I have had the opportunity to compete all over the world, with the best in the world, which is something so few people have a chance to do, and I will never, ever take those times for granted. They are experiences that I will keep with me forever and always remember and was able to have because I refused to give up or give in to negativity. Don't skate to get things; skate because you love to skate and strive to be the absolute best you can be, in and out of the rink.

Thank you to U.S. Figure Skating, my mom, my family, my friends, my coaches and choreographers, my sponsors, my costume makers, my sports psychologists, my doctors, the Ice Den, the Coyotes Skating Club of Arizona, IMG, my fans and everyone else who helped me on my long journey.
    I am grateful to the moon and back for all of you.
    Douglas Razzano

8 replies since 22/10/2011, 21:26   138 views