- ISU Profile
    - Palmares
    - icenetwork.com profile

Official Website

2. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate America 2011 - SP

858e1f155237653 69b69c155237657 0e1d14155237659 016b08155590388 c6aaf5155590397 66ad89155590401

Edited by •Silvy on Ice~ - 24/10/2011, 23:08

3. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

NHK Trophy 2011 - FS

1cea7d160766745

4. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

SKATE AMERICA 2012

jpg jpg 8821cb218148076 39f5f2218148084 6ddfed218148094

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh si ritira

E' giovane, Armin, 22 anni ad agosto, e i risultati (campione Novice USA nel 2007, 2o nella finale Grand Prix Junior nel 2008, 3o a Skate America nel 2010, 4o ai Nazionali USA nel 2012) avrebbero potuto spingerlo a proseguire nell'affollato mondo del pattinaggio maschile statunitense, soprattutto visto che la prossima è la stagione olimpica.
    Invece ha deciso di puntare sugli studi universitari, in scienze informatiche, e di non gareggiare nella prossima stagione, forse anche di non ritornare più all'agonismo: "Non voglio dire mai, ma non lo vedo probabile" - ha dichiarato - "Ho pattinato stagione per stagione negli ultimi due anni, e ora ho deciso che, per come è andata la stagione, forse non sarebbe la cosa migliore per me usare il mio tempo per continuare a gareggiare."
    La delusione per i risultati del 2013, condizionati anche da diversi infortuni, oltre ad una approfondita riflessione sul suo futuro, sarebbe dunque alla base della decisione. Il 13o posto ai Nazionali USA a gennaio e il 7o a Skate America lo hanno di fatto tagliato fuori dalle gare, solo quattro quelle disputate nella stagione.
    "Ne ho parlato a lungo con i miei genitori e insieme abbiamo convenuto che (lasciare le gare) sarebbe stata la scelta migliore. Non è stato facile," - ha confessato Armin - "sono soddisfatto di ciò che ho ottenuto nella mia carriera, ma il modo in cui si è svolta la stagione è stato assai deludente. E' il tempo giusto per passare ad un altro capitolo della mia vita. Probabilmente sarò sempre un po' scontento di non aver gareggiato in questa stagione, ma, per essere onesti, non sono in una posizione che mi permetta di entrare nel team olimpico."

Quando era più giovane, riflettendo sul dopo agonismo, aveva anche pensato di diventare giudice, ma ora, dice, l'interesse è passato per via della direzione presa dal nuovo sistema di giudizio negli ultimi due anni: "Osserverò come evolverà in futuro, ma, finché non cambierà, non penserò più a diventare giudice."

Nei suoi progetti, quindi, c'è adesso il recupero del tempo perso nei suoi studi per seguire la carriera di pattinatore, con l'intenzione di trasferirsi all'Università della Virginia nel 2014.

Fonte: icenetwork.com

CITAZIONE
    Mahbanoozadeh moves on to 'next chapter in life'
    Two-time Junior Grand Prix Final medalist reflects on completed 15-year career

By Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork.com

(06/04/2013) - Armin Mahbanoozadeh, the 2012 U.S. pewter medalist and 2010 Skate America bronze medalist, has announced that he will not compete next season and that he is unlikely to compete again.
    "I'm not going to say never, but I don't see it happening," he said. "Perhaps on the collegiate level. I've been taking skating season by season for the past couple of years. I just decided that the way the season went, it probably wouldn't be the best use of my time to continue competing."

Mahbanoozadeh stopped short of saying he was retiring, while admitting that it was basically what he was doing.

"People are afraid to use the R-word," he said, laughing. "For now, I'm just saying that I'm not competing this season or any season that I can see in the future."

Mahbanoozadeh, who was the 2007 U.S. novice champion and two-time Junior Grand Prix Final medalist, started the 2012-13 season with the silver medal at the inaugural U.S. International Figure Skating Classic in Salt Lake City, but he ended up a disappointing seventh at Skate America and 13th at the 2013 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Omaha, Neb. He decided to call it a career shortly after that competition.

"I had a long talk with my parents, and we agreed that it was probably for the best," he said. "It wasn't easy. I'm content with what I accomplished in my career, but the way the season went was disappointing. It's a good time to move on with the next chapter in my life."

Mahbanoozadeh sprained his ankle on the first practice session at Skate America last October, and he had a hard time getting on track after that.

"I was dealing with a lot of injuries last season, and it wasn't smooth sailing; it was a bit rough," he said.

The timing of Mahbanoozadeh's decision is a little unusual, given that the Olympics are next winter. Originally, Mahbanoozadeh had planned to compete through the Olympic season.

"Part of me will always be a little disappointed that I'm not going to be competing this season," he admitted. "I'm in no position to make the Olympic team, to be honest."

Mahbanoozadeh said he had already spoken with all his coaches to thank them for working with him over his 15-year skating career.

"I had a fantastic team," he said. "Christy [Krall] is fantastic. I appreciate all the time we worked together. And Catarina [Lindgren] did such a great job with my programs. I was so honored to be at the Olympic Training Center for a couple of years."

Mahbanoozadeh was the first winter "athlete ambassador" at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. For six months, he guided visitors on tours of the facility and shared details about his life as an athlete.

Back home in Virginia, the 21-year-old is making up for lost college time, cramming in 16 credits this summer at the Northern Virginia Community College. He said he will transfer to the University of Virginia in the fall of 2014.

"With the timing of nationals, it was too late to apply for the regular decision at university," he said. "I can get done with college in less than three years, so I'm going to be saving a lot of time. It's not where I imagined, but there are many benefits."

The hard-working college student is majoring in computer science, although he said he hasn't decided whether he'll go into software or hardware. He plans to go to graduate school somewhere on the West Coast after college. He is uncertain about whether he'll return to skating in any official way in the future.

"When I was younger, I was really interested in becoming a judge," he said. "That interest has gone down with the direction the International Judging System (IJS) has taken in the last couple of years. I'll be interested in how IJS evolves in the future. Until that changes, I'm not going to be interested in judging.

"I feel like I still want to be plugged into the skating world. I still have my friends I hope to stay in contact with forever, hopefully. I plan on at least being a spectator at events."

Mahbanoozadeh had special words for the support of his many fans.

"It's been really important," he said. "A lot of fans from Japan have been so supportive. A lot of times, I almost feel like they're better fans than I deserved! I'll always remember them. They mean a lot to me, and they always will."

Although he is at peace with the decision now, Mahbanoozadeh said it had been an emotional one.

"I've put 15 years of my life into this," he said. "But I've gotten so much out of it, it's not how it ends. I had the most amazing experiences, and met the most amazing people, and had the best time of my life."

6. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Wolfie @ 23/9/2015, 20:48) 
    Propongo una cosa io invece anche se capisco che è pura fantascienza... in tutti i sensi!

Dunque forse solo io (e qualcun altro qui dentro :rolleyes: ) segue Doctor Who, io ci vedrei benissimo un programma da parte di qualche pattinatore un po' matto ma il fatto è che non è una serie conosciutissima fuori dallo UK (anche se mi sa che ha una fanbase asiatica piuttosto folta XD) quindi le probabilità che questa mia idea venga realizzata sono molto prossime allo 0.

Sogno realizzato (o quasi), Wolfie.
    Ho (ri)trovato questo video qualche tempo fa. Me lo ricordo bene questo atleta (mi risparmio di scrivere il cognome), l'ho seguito nella stagione del video qui sotto. Eppure non ci avevo mai fatto caso! (Evidentemente non ero ancora una fan del Dottore XD).

Costume blu Tardis (più o meno), ecco qui il Dottore sui pattini! :D

Video

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ma povero che non gli partiva la musica!

Intanto stima!

Però costume l'ha proprio cannato! Se vuoi essere il Dottore devi avere un outfit adeguato! Il famoso costume viola e giallo di Fernandez col farfallino tipo! XD

E anche il taglio della musica è un po' moscio, la parte centrale è una delle musiche che avevo in mente ma il tema di "I am the Doctor" è poco enfatizzato.

In sostanza: stima, ma poteva fare di meglio!

6 replies since 22/10/2011, 21:17   96 views