FP
    2011+World+Figure+Skating+Championships+Day+8nTErziQqaTl
    2011+World+Figure+Skating+Championships+Day+jMCTluFZo5Ql

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Gala 2011

223607_10150260978316526_728971525_8283121_4924214_n 292858_10150260977876526_728971525_8283110_6963360_n
    294304_10150260978681526_728971525_8283136_4752912_n
    298439_10150260978206526_728971525_8283118_6749000_n
    301690_10150260978421526_728971525_8283125_2379984_n

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    10004641_patton_1016e
    PATTON: Dornbush’s smooth rise includes close-to-home stop
    BY GREGG PATTON STAFF WRITER [email protected]
    We’re not sure if figure skaters can claim the same advantage that basketball, football and baseball players cite when they perform in familiar surroundings.
    But Richard Dornbush is going for it.
    “It’s great being so close to home,” said the Corona native, a featured competitor at Skate America , the International Skating Union’s first Grand Prix event of the season, in Ontario Friday through Sunday. “It’s nice to have home-field advantage. I hope as many people can come as possible.”
    That would be various family members and friends, and maybe a whole, new, potential posse of Inland area fans who may not even be aware, yet, that they have a world-class skater training and going to school in their midst.
    After all, it was only 10 months ago that Dornbush emerged as an international force, winning the sport’s biggest prize for under-20 skaters, the ISU Grand Prix Junior Championships, in Beijing.
    He then used that victory as a springboard to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in January, placing a stunning second in the senior men’s competition. Stunning to many except, perhaps, himself.
    “I was skating in the juniors, but I was training like I was in the senior ranks,” said Dornbush, 20, referring, in part, to the difficulties in his short and long skating programs.
    “I’m not sure I gained any more confidence (by winning juniors). The confidence I had was from the program I was skating. I knew it would be competitive at the U.S. championships.”
    His silver-medal finish may have come a little earlier than she once figured, but it didn’t shock his coach of 14 years, Tammy Gambill, either.
    “We’ve been aiming for the stars since he was little,” said Gambill, who guided Dornbush through his exciting, but long and tumultuous year.
    10004641_patton_1016a
    His junior season began in September 2010, and included stops in Germany and Austria before the finale in China. His top-three finish at the U.S. nationals also qualified him for his first World Championships, in Japan. Unfortunately, the country’s devastating earthquake caused a one-month delay, into April, and the relocation of the event to Moscow.
    There his eight-month “season” culminated in a ninth-place finish, first among the three Americans.
    “It was a whirlwind last year — and super long,” said Gambill. “But he’s such an easy-going, laid-back kid. He just rolls with the punches.”
    He will have to. The more accomplished he gets, the more his life will change. It already has — just in the past year — as he handles his emerging celebrity.
    “It’s not even close,” said Dornbush of the changes and demands on his time.
    He is still pursuing an education in engineering at Riverside Community College, as best he can, with eight hours of calculus and physics classes.
    “Last semester, I was almost a full-time student,” he said, a little wistfully. “I’m still training at a high level. I’m taking night classes. I get up early and get home late. There’s definitely a lack of sleep.”
    The ultimate goal, of course, is the Winter Olympics, the next one looming in 2014 in Sochi, Russia.
    But first, there are some hometown fans to win over.
    “He’s pretty excited about it,” said Gambill of her prize student’s place in Skate America, the first in a series of six international Grand Prix events. “There are people he grew up with, professors from school, people who have never seen him skate before. I just don’t want him too excited.”
    So maybe the best place to stay cool will be on home ice.

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Dornbush debuting new short at Skate America
    Hometown skater hopes to make mark at first Grand Prix event

By Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com

FVz8LNuP
    (10/18/2011) - There's a last-minute change in Ricky Dornbush's Skate America plans.
    When the U.S. silver medalist hits the ice at 2011 Skate America in Ontario, Calif., he will debut a new short program choreographed last month by Justin Dillon.

"My long program [set to Ennio Morricone Spaghetti Western movie themes] has gotten great feedback this year, and the short [originally a jazz version of "Sixteen Tons"] has gotten pretty good feedback," said the 20-year-old, who hails from Riverside, Calif. "But we decided we wanted the short to be as well received as the long, so we made a change."

The free skate's choreographer, Cindy Stuart, was hard at work on Disney on Ice, so Dornbush and his longtime coach (Tammy Gambill) turned to Dillon, who has done programs for several of Gambill's other students.

Over one weekend in late September, Dornbush and Dillon created a new short, set to Beethoven's Symphony No. 5.

"It's a rendition done by David Garrett, a violin virtuoso who does a lot more contemporary-sounding classical pieces," said Dornbush, who played the violin throughout his middle school and high school years.

"The whole program is entirely aggressive. I go from one movement to the next. I never really pause; it's pretty much a sprint the whole way through. There are so many transitions and really intricate movements that really keep me on my toes."

Dillon, a longtime U.S. men's competitor who recently teamed up with Lynn Smith to coach 2010 U.S. champion Rachael Flatt, sought to capitalize on Dornbush's story-telling abilities.

"You don't want it to be too kitschy; you want it to be effective and entertaining," Dillon said. "I wanted to bring out his musicality, and I knew about his violin background. He's playing a kind of a crazed composer, with the desire to be the best -- kind of how all of these young skaters on the horizon are, heading into Sochi [site of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games].

"It was a true collaboration. He's very creative; we worked off of each other's energy. There are a lot of his thoughts and feelings in the program."

Dornbush is also planning a quad. He landed his first-ever quadruple toe loop in competition at the Golden West Championships in Culver City, Calif., in early September and hopes to try the jump in his free skate at Skate America.

"In the future, maybe I will add it to the short program, too," Dornbush said. "It all depends on how consistent I can get it this year.

"I have no doubt, though, that [eventually] it will be consistent enough to do it in both programs."

Skate America is Dornbush's debut in the Grand Prix Series; last fall, he competed in the junior ranks and won the Junior Grand Prix Final in Beijing. The victory gave him an added jolt of confidence heading into the 2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, where he won the free skate and just narrowly lost the title to veteran Ryan Bradley.

Dornbush went on to place ninth at the 2011 World Figure Skating Championships in Moscow, the highest finish among the three U.S. men competing there.

On a teleconference with reporters, the skater said a disappointing 11th-place finish at the 2010 U.S. championships gave him extra motivation last season.

"I was seventh at nationals after the short, and I had a poor long program, which led me to finish lower," he said. "I took the opportunity to skate [as a] junior internationally but really train as a senior. That helped me in the senior ranks at nationals."

Last season's success has bolstered his hopes for Skate America, and Dornbush said his training is right on track.

"I definitely feel I am on pace to be where I want to be, training for Skate America," he said. "I'm excited [because] it's so close to home, just a 20-minute drive in good traffic."

Defending Skate America bronze medalist Armin Mahbanoozadeh, sixth at the 2010 U.S. championships, makes a return appearance to the event this season. The 20-year-old, who trains in Wilmington, Del., under Priscilla Hill, has been trying out the quadruple toe loop in his summer events.

Olympic champion Evan Lysacek's withdrawal last week opened the door for Douglas Razzano, who will make his first-ever Grand Prix appearance in Ontario.

"I'm very blessed to be getting this opportunity," said the 22-year-old Razzano, who is coached by Doug Ladret in Scottsdale, Ariz. "It's been a long time coming. My birthday [Oct. 22nd] is on the day of the men's free program, and I'm hoping it's the best birthday ever."

Razzano is fresh off a silver-medal finish at the Finlandia Trophy, where he placed a close second to former Japanese bronze medalist Takahito Mura. He hopes his programs, including a short to Rachmaninoff's "Concerto No. 2" and a free to a Tango medley, are even better at Skate America.

"Some things went well at Finlandia, some didn't, but a medal is a medal," he said. "I wasn't too disappointed in the way I skated. We want to build toward nationals. Last season, I didn't really start landing the quad consistently until November.

"I'm planning -- they key word here is 'planning' -- pretty much the same [elements]. I'm putting the quad in the short program, and I may also do a triple flip-triple toe combination [instead of triple toe-triple toe] because it's been going well in practice."

The U.S. men face formidable competition from world silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka, who won 2008 Skate America, defeating Lysacek and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. Kozuka opened his international season at the Japan Open early this month, where his six-triple free skate put him third in the men's event.

They will also square off against Michal Brezina, the stylish Czech who landed two different quads -- a toe and Salchow -- in his fourth-place finish at 2011 worlds, as well as flamboyant European champion Florent Amodio of France, whose crowd-pleasing programs are sure to excite.

Traduzione automatica con google:
    (2011/10/18) - C'è un cambiamento dell'ultimo minuto di Ricky Dornbush piani di Skate America.
    Quando la medaglia d'argento USA colpisce il ghiaccio a Skate America 2011 in Ontario, in California, debutterà un nuovo programma di breve coreografia mese scorso da Justin Dillon.

"Il mio programma lungo [insieme a Ennio Morricone Spaghetti temi di film western] ha ottenuto ottimi riscontri di quest'anno, e il breve [in origine una versione jazz di" Sixteen Tons "] ha ricevuto feedback molto bene", ha detto il 20-year-old, che proviene da Riverside, in California "Ma abbiamo deciso che volevamo il breve per essere accolto bene come il tempo, quindi abbiamo fatto un cambiamento".

Coreografo il pattino libero è, Cindy Stuart, era al lavoro su Disney on Ice, in modo Dornbush e il suo allenatore di lunga data (Tammy Gambill) rivolto a Dillon, che ha fatto programmi per molti altri studenti di Gambill.

Oltre un fine settimana a fine settembre, Dornbush e Dillon ha creato un nuovo breve, insieme a Beethoven la Sinfonia n. 5.

"E 'una interpretazione fatta da David Garrett, un virtuoso del violino che fa molto di più contemporaneo che suona pezzi classici", ha detto Dornbush, che suonava il violino durante tutta la sua scuola media e gli anni delle scuole superiori.

"L'intero programma è interamente aggressivo vado da un movimento all'altro non ho mai veramente pausa;.. È praticamente uno sprint per tutta la strada attraverso Ci sono transizioni così tanti e movimenti molto complessi che veramente mi tengono sulle mie dita dei piedi.".

Dillon, un uomo di lunga data degli Stati Uniti concorrente che ha recentemente collaborato con Lynn Smith a 2010 US allenatore campione Rachael Flatt, ha cercato di capitalizzare sul racconto Dornbush le capacità.

"Non vogliamo che sia troppo kitsch, si vuole che sia efficace e divertente," ha detto Dillon. "Ho voluto portare la sua musicalità, e sapevo del suo passato violino Sta giocando una sorta di un compositore pazzo, con il desiderio di essere il migliore -. Sorta di come tutti questi pattinatori giovani all'orizzonte sono, voce in Sochi [Sito del 2014 Giochi Olimpici Invernali].

"E 'stata una vera e propria collaborazione Lui è molto creativa;. Abbiamo lavorato fuori di ogni altro di energia Ci sono un sacco di suoi pensieri e sentimenti nel programma.".

Dornbush è anche in programma un quad. Ha atterrato il suo primo anello quadruplo toe in gara ai Campionati Occidente d'oro a Culver City, California, agli inizi di settembre e spera di provare il salto nel suo skate libero a Skate America.

"In futuro, forse io lo aggiungere al programma corto, anche," ha detto Dornbush. "Dipende tutto da come coerente posso ottenere quest'anno.

"Non ho dubbi, però, che [finalmente], sarà coerente abbastanza da fare in entrambi i programmi."

Skate America è Dornbush debutto nel Grand Prix Series, lo scorso autunno, ha gareggiato nelle file junior e ha vinto il Junior Grand Prix Final di Pechino. La vittoria gli ha dato una scossa aggiunto di fiducia voce negli Stati Uniti Campionati Pattinaggio di Figura 2011, dove ha vinto il pattinare libera e giusta stretto ha perso il titolo di veterano Ryan Bradley.

Dornbush continuato a nono posto ai Mondiali pattinaggio di Figura 2011 a Mosca, il più alto finire tra i tre uomini degli Stati Uniti in competizione lì.

In una teleconferenza con i giornalisti, il pattinatore ha detto un deludente 11 ° posto finale al 2010 campionati degli Stati Uniti gli ha dato ulteriore motivazione stagione scorsa.

"Ero settimo posto i cittadini, dopo il breve, e ho avuto un programma povero lungo, che mi ha portato a finire inferiore", ha detto. "Ho colto l'occasione di pattinare [come] juniores a livello internazionale, ma in realtà treno come un anziano. Questo mi ha aiutato nei ranghi alti ai cittadini".

Il successo della scorsa stagione ha rafforzato le sue speranze per Skate America, e Dornbush detto che la sua formazione è sulla strada giusta.

"Io sicuramente mi sento che sta per essere dove voglio essere, di formazione per Skate America," ha detto. "Sono entusiasta [perché] è così vicino a casa, a soli 20 minuti di auto a buon traffico".

Difendere Skate America medaglia di bronzo Armin Mahbanoozadeh, sesto al 2010 campionati degli Stati Uniti, fa un'apparizione di ritorno per l'evento di questa stagione. Il 20-year-old, che si allena a Wilmington, Delaware, sotto Priscilla Hill, ha cercato il ciclo quadruplo toe nel suo eventi estivi.

Ritiro campione olimpico Evan Lysacek la scorsa settimana ha aperto la porta per Douglas Razzano, che farà la sua prima apparizione Gran Premio in Ontario.

"Sono molto fortunata ad essere sempre questa opportunità", ha detto il 22-year-old Razzano, che è allenata da Doug Ladret a Scottsdale, in Arizona "E 'stato un lungo tempo a venire. Mio compleanno [22 ottobre] è in il giorno del programma libero maschile, e spero che sia il compleanno più bello. "

Razzano è fresco di medaglia d'argento finire al Trofeo Finlandia, dove è posto un secondo vicino all'ex medaglia di bronzo giapponese Takahito Mura. Spera che i suoi programmi, tra cui una breve Rachmaninoff "Concerto No. 2" e un libero di un medley Tango, sono ancora meglio a Skate America.

"Alcune cose sono andate bene in Finlandia, altri no, ma una medaglia è una medaglia", ha detto. "Non ero troppo deluso nel modo in cui ho pattinato. Vogliamo costruire verso i cittadini. Scorsa stagione, non ho davvero iniziare atterraggio quad costantemente fino a novembre.

"Sto pensando - che parola chiave è 'pianificazione' - più o meno lo stesso [elementi] sto mettendo il quad nel programma corto, e potrei anche fare un triplo flip-triplo toe combinazione [invece. di triplo toe-triplo toe] perché è stato andando bene nella pratica. "

Gli uomini degli Stati Uniti ad affrontare la concorrenza formidabile da medaglia d'argento mondiale Takahiko Kozuka, che ha vinto 2008 Skate America, sconfiggendo Lysacek e tre volte campione americano Johnny Weir. Kozuka aperto la sua stagione internazionale presso l'Open del Giappone all'inizio di questo mese, dove i suoi sei triple pattinare senza metterlo terzo nel caso degli uomini.

Essi potranno anche schierarsi contro Michal Brezina, l'elegante Ceca che ha atterrato due quad diversi - un dito del piede e Salchow - nel suo quarto posto al 2011 mondi, così come fiammeggiante campione europeo Florent Amodio di Francia, la cui folla-piacevole i programmi sono sicuri per eccitare.

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    2011 Skate America: Richard Dornbush in the mixed zone

Inizialmente Richard parla a proposito del salto quadruplo (per ora presente soltanto nel suo libero).
    Le altre risposte sono riportate nell'intervista nel post sopra =)

Video

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status

Kiss & Cry
    at
    SKATE AMERICA 2011

314676_287381401286808_255007411190874_1073063_521971493_n

8. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Skate America 2011 - Practice & SP

fe4b36155237807 jpg 22fa4e155237816 1dcb44155237820 03db96155237826 a14d20155237829 jpg 3e991c155237834 5eba0c155237838 db8d25155237842 33504f155237848 8a028e155591699 jpg 00becf155591740 fd08bf155591748

Edited by •Silvy on Ice~ - 24/10/2011, 23:20

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Intervista durante SKATE AMERICA 2011

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skatin 2011 - Cup of China 2011

Richard Dornbush - Short Program

298654_293900120634936_255007411190874_1100171_353981984_n

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Cup of China 2011

379438_2099690502849_1563012336_31750386_1857053312_n
    Richard Dornbush

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Richard nel 2005, da bambino =D
    categoria Novice
    Richard%20Dornbush%20NMFS%201 Richard%20Dornbush%20NMFS%202 Richard%20Dornbush%20NMFS%203

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Ma... del tipo io credevo che fosse un lavoro non da pattinatori XD
    418952_239914756097616_100002372794516_512628_84165671_n

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Ice&RG fan

Status
    Il suo nuovo short è... "With or without you" degli U2!!!O_O (bellaaaa....)
    Detto da lui su Twitter
    CITAZIONE
    @RichardDornbush today (re. his new SP music):
    I'm skating to an instrumental of "With or Without You", U2, originally.

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Ahahahah!
    Richard Dornbush in versione NERD!

643964_10151412312972538_2103992890_n

63 replies since 1/7/2011, 21:45   838 views