Start sk. / Club: 2003 / Nihonbashi Jogakkan

- BIO
    - ISU Profile
    - Palmares

Edited by Jantar - 9/3/2022, 13:21

2. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate Canada 2010 - SP (Photos by Phil Culhane)

image image image image image image image image image image image image

3. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate Canada 2010 - SP (Photos by Scott Grant)

image image image image

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    Pattinatrice giapponese
    SP Asian Games 2011

Nome giapponese: 今井遥

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    Seconda agli Asian Games
    FS

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    imageimage

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous
    imageimage
    imageimage

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Anonymous

10. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate Canada 2010

1bb9a5141998219 fe0628141998226 21de78142000681 22af18142000687

11. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dreams on Ice 2011

11-doi-008

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Dopo free skating

297199_288314214526860_255007411190874_1076952_1133813432_n

13. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Skate America 2011 - SP

4ef855155750428 b2e6e0155750442 2fa40b155750449 d47ddb155750457 714ceb155750462 c5f8b6155750467 8b5718155750477 bc5861155750483 793c97155750496 1abe26155750502 1b6b35155750509 f4261f155750523 97c7c1155750531 0a4905155750550 5dc754155750564 50dc5a155750571 cb59d3155750578

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    ISU GP Cup of Russia 2011

Haruka Imai and coach Yuka Sato
    316782_307146565976958_255007411190874_1138398_4300103_n

Banchetto di chiusura
    302202_307154802642801_255007411190874_1138437_1320509260_n

Edited by Andrea Rika - 30/11/2011, 11:06

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Articolo di GOLDEN SKATE

Imai embraces change

haruka_imai
    Though Haruka Imai is still in the shadow of the Japanese figure skating stars, she is certainly one to watch. This season she made some changes in her life—the most importantly, the switching of coaches and moving from her native Tokyo to the USA.
    In September, Imai came to Detroit to train with 1994 World Champion Yuka Sato and her husband Jason Dungjen.
    “Haruka was with us for a month in May,” Sato recalled. “I choreographed three numbers— long program, short program, and a show program. Then she went home. At the end of the summer I got a call. She wanted to be with us for the whole season.”
    Imai, who suffered from a stress fracture in her foot during the summer and was off the ice for about two months, arrived in September in the USA.
    “I decided to move because there are better practice conditions,” she explained.
    Since then, the teenager has adapted well to her new environment.
    “I am staying with a Japanese-American family,” she shared.
    “We are fortunate to have a student who I think just turned ten,” elaborated Sato. “Her mother is Japanese and her father is Indian. The whole family speaks Japanese fluently and that is the family Haruka is staying with. She has adapted very quickly. The family has been so wonderful taking care of her with Jason and I being so crazy busy.”
    In order to improve her English, the skater takes classes.
    “My English improves every day,” said Imai. “I can understand most of it, but I don’t speak it so well yet,” Imai noted.
    Additionally, she is continuing her studies at the Japanese high school over the internet.
    “Sometimes I feel homesick, but I talk on Skype with my family,” she said. “I really like the life in America. The biggest difference to Japan is that I can fully focus on my skating. My coaches in Japan were in Nagoya but I am from Tokyo and I lost a lot of time because of traveling. Now it is only a five-minute drive to the ice rink.”
    In Detroit, Imai joined a strong group of skaters led by now three-time U.S. Champion Jeremy Abbott, Alissa Czisny and Adam Rippon.
    “Training-wise I think she is very happy,” said Sato. “It was a slow start in September because we couldn’t just start pushing right away due to the injury. We couldn’t have her practice any triple flips until late fall. It’s back in the program, but it took a long time. Some days she is sore, some days not so much, so we have to really watch carefully.”
    The coach picked her music, Mendelssohn’s Song Without Words for the short program and a modern arrangement of My Fair Lady for the free skating.
    “I wanted to do something fun,” Sato said. “She is so young—she is pure, she is talented. I always came in with sort of the idea on how to educate the younger skaters. Not only to give them perfect choreography, but to open up their avenue to the future and go through in the process. That’s what I’m doing with Haruka.”
    “I wanted to work a little more on the basic skating skills,” she continued. “That’s the basic idea behind the short program, so we took a little slower piece. For the long program, I wanted to introduce her to a little bit more to the expression—to feel the music, the rhythm and changing rhythm throughout the program. I know there is a lot of room for improvement, but she is starting to feel the music.”
    Imai started her season with a fourth-place finish at Skate America.
    “I have mixed feelings about that because I didn’t skate so well,” she admitted.
    She was sixth at her second Grand Prix in Moscow, Russia, but the level of competition there was higher. So far, she has one appearance at the ISU Four Continents Championships on her record when she placed fifth in 2010 with solid performances. Her only Junior Worlds back in 2009 weren’t as successful, as she came in 16th.
    Imai then placed fourth at the Japanese National Figure Skating Championships—a big step forward for her following her 12th-place the previous year.
    “I was glad I could do a great performance at Japan Nationals,” she said. “I got very nervous before my performances because I started to have some flash backs from last year’s nationals which I didn’t skate well. But I was able to believe in my self and skate well.”
    Sato agreed.
    “I think that Haruka skated very well at Japan Nationals,” said the coach. “It was very close for her to be fourth, but I am very still impressed with how she skated and very proud if her.”
    Imai started skating rather late, at age nine, after going to the ice rink with her cousin.
    “I liked the jumps right away,” she recalled. “I did a waltz jump, but my first Axel I did only after one year.”
    The Japanese says she has no idols in the sport. Her parents have nothing to do with figure skating. They played tennis when they were in high school.
    The 18-year-old names a spin as her favorite element.
    “I like the donut spin into the Biellmann position,” she said. “The jumps are my weakness, especially when I get nervous. When I am too nervous I cannot control my jumps, but I like jumping.”
    Imai names a positive mindset as a prominent trait of her character.
    “I can rebound quickly from disappointment,” she noted.
    Sato describes her student as someone special.
    “She is very interesting. She is unique. She has her own little world that she lives in. It’s quite a dream. I don’t know how to express it. We smile when we talk about her. She just has her own flavor. She is a happy kid. She enjoys life. She doesn’t get affected by a lot of things. That’s good.”
    The coach believes that Imai has all she needs for success in the sport.
    “Certainly she’s got all the ability that she needs—jumping, spinning, skating skills. All those things need to be improved, but she has the ability and the talent. When you talk to her she has the ability to understand what we are trying to tell her. So I think it is all about taking time, practice, and teaching discipline. Hopefully she will be one of the very special athletes, competitors that we hope her to be.”
    Imai will be competing this week at the 2012 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships alongside teammates Mao Asada and Kanako Murakami.
    “Haruka has still been nuturning her previous injury, so we can’t push her 100% yet, but we are working on small details on jumping skills and basic skating skills,” offered Sato. “We are hoping to be able to see these improvement at the Four Continents.”
    “I will try to stay focused and skate my best at Four Continents,” Imai said.

Traduzione:
    Anche se Haruka Imai è ancora l'ombra delle stelle giapponesi pattinaggio artistico, è certamente uno da guardare. Questa stagione ha fatto alcuni cambiamenti nella sua vita, la più importante, la commutazione di allenatori e si spostano dalla sua nativa Tokyo negli Stati Uniti.
    Nel mese di settembre, Imai è venuto a Detroit per addestrare al 1994 Yuka Sato Campione del Mondo e il marito Jason Dungjen.
    "Haruka era con noi per un mese a maggio," Sato ha ricordato. "Ho coreografato tre numeri programma lungo, programma corto e un programma di spettacolo. Poi tornò a casa. Alla fine dell'estate ho ricevuto una telefonata. Voleva essere con noi per tutta la stagione. "
    Imai, che soffriva di una frattura da stress al piede durante l'estate ed è stato fuori dal ghiaccio per circa due mesi, è arrivato nel mese di settembre negli Stati Uniti.
    "Ho deciso di muoversi perché ci sono le condizioni pratiche migliori", ha spiegato.
    Da allora, l'adolescente si è ben adattato al suo nuovo ambiente.
    "Sono stare con un giapponese-americano famiglia", ha condiviso.
    "Siamo fortunati ad avere uno studente che penso appena compiuto dieci", elaborato Sato. "Sua madre è giapponese e suo padre è indiano. Tutta la famiglia parla giapponese correntemente e che è la famiglia è stare con Haruka. Si è adattato molto rapidamente. La famiglia è stata così meravigliosa prendersi cura di lei con Jason ed io di essere così pazzo da fare ".
    Al fine di migliorare il suo inglese, il pattinatore prende classi.
    "Il mio inglese migliora ogni giorno", ha detto Imai. "Posso capire la maggior parte di esso, ma io non lo parlo così bene ancora," Imai osservato.
    Inoltre, sta continuando i suoi studi presso la scuola giapponese high su Internet.
    "A volte mi sento nostalgia di casa, ma parlo su Skype con la mia famiglia", ha detto. "Mi piace la vita in America. La differenza più grande in Giappone è che io possa pienamente concentrarmi sul mio pattinaggio. I miei allenatori sono stati in Giappone a Nagoya, ma sono da Tokyo e ho perso un sacco di tempo a causa di viaggiare. Ora è a soli cinque minuti in auto alla pista di pattinaggio ".
    A Detroit, Imai unì ad un gruppo forte di pattinatori guidato da ormai tre volte campione americano Jeremy Abbott, Alissa Czisny e Adam Rippon.
    "Formazione-saggio penso che sia molto felice," ha detto Sato. "E 'stato un lento avvio nel mese di settembre, perché non abbiamo potuto solo iniziare a spingere subito a causa della ferita. Non potevamo avere la sua pratica quotidiana, triple lancia fino all'autunno inoltrato. E 'di nuovo nel programma, ma ci volle molto tempo. Alcuni giorni lei è ferita, alcuni giorni non tanto, quindi dobbiamo guardare con molta attenzione. "
    L'allenatore scelto la sua musica, canzoni senza parole di Mendelssohn per il programma corto e una disposizione moderna di My Fair Lady per il pattinaggio libero.
    "Volevo fare qualcosa di divertente," ha detto Sato. "Lei è così giovane, lei è pura, è talento. Ho sempre venuto con una specie di idea su come educare i pattinatori più giovani. Non solo per dare loro coreografia perfetta, ma ad aprirsi la loro strada verso il futuro e passare attraverso il processo. Questo è quello che sto facendo con Haruka. "
    "Volevo lavorare un po 'più sulle competenze di base di pattinaggio", ha continuato. "Questa è l'idea di base dietro il programma corto, così abbiamo preso un piccolo pezzo più lento. Per il programma lungo, volevo farle conoscere un po 'di più per l'espressione-di sentire la musica, il ritmo e il ritmo cambia tutto il programma. So che c'è molto margine di miglioramento, ma lei sta cominciando a sentire la musica. "
    Imai ha iniziato la sua stagione con un quarto posto a Skate America.
    "Ho sentimenti contrastanti di questo, perché non ho pattinare così bene", ha ammesso.
    Era sesto al suo secondo Gran Premio a Mosca, Russia, ma il livello di concorrenza non c'era più. Finora, ha uno apparizione al ISU Four Continents Championships il suo record quando al quinto posto nel 2010 con alcune prestazioni convincenti. Il suo unico Worlds Junior torna nel 2009 non erano così di successo, come è arrivata in 16.
    Imai poi il quarto posto al nazionale giapponese Figure Skating Championships, un grande passo avanti per lei dopo il suo 12 ° posto l'anno precedente.
    "Ero felice di aver potuto fare una grande prestazione ai campionati in Giappone," ha detto. "Ho molto nervosa davanti ai miei spettacoli perché ho iniziato ad avere alcuni flash back da parte di cittadini dello scorso anno che non ho pattinare bene. Ma io ero in grado di credere in me stesso e pattinare bene ".
    Sato d'accordo.
    "Penso che Haruka pattinato molto bene a Nationals Giappone", ha detto l'allenatore. "E 'stato molto vicino per il suo essere quarto, ma sono ancora molto colpiti da quanto ha pattinato e molto orgoglioso se lei".
    Imai iniziato a pattinare piuttosto tardi, all'età di nove anni, dopo essere andato alla pista di pattinaggio con suo cugino.
    "Mi sono piaciuti i salti subito", ha ricordato. "Ho fatto un salto valzer, ma il mio Axel prima ho fatto solo dopo un anno".
    I giapponesi dice che non ha idoli nello sport. I suoi genitori non hanno nulla a che fare con il pattinaggio di figura. Hanno giocato a tennis quando erano al liceo.
    I 18 anni i nomi di un giro come il suo elemento preferito.
    "Mi piace lo spin ciambella nella posizione Biellmann", ha detto. "I salti sono la mia debolezza, specialmente quando mi innervosisco. Quando sono troppo nervosa non riesco a controllare i miei salti, ma mi piace saltare. "
    Imai nomina una mentalità positiva, come un tratto importante del suo carattere.
    "Posso rimbalzare rapidamente dalla delusione", ha osservato.
    Sato descrive il suo studente come una persona speciale.
    "Lei è molto interessante. Lei è unica. Ha il suo piccolo mondo che vive dentro E 'un bel sogno. Non so come esprimerlo. Noi sorridiamo quando parliamo di lei. Ha solo il suo sapore. Lei è un bambino felice. Lei si gode la vita. Lei non viene influenzata da un sacco di cose. Va bene. "
    L'allenatore ritiene che Imai ha tutto ha bisogno per avere successo nello sport.
    "Certamente Ha tutte le capacità che ha bisogno-jumping, la filatura, pattinaggio competenze. Tutte queste cose devono essere migliorate, ma ha la capacità e il talento. Quando si parla di lei ha la capacità di capire ciò che stiamo cercando di dirle. Quindi penso che è tutto prendendo tempo, la pratica e l'insegnamento della disciplina. Speriamo che lei sarà uno degli atleti molto speciali, i concorrenti che speriamo lei sia. "
    Imai sarà in competizione questa settimana al 2012 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships accanto a compagni di squadra Mao Asada e Kanako Murakami.
    "Haruka è ancora stato nuturning la sua precedente lesione, quindi non possiamo spingerla ancora al 100%, ma stiamo lavorando su piccoli dettagli a saltare le abilità e le competenze di pattinaggio di base", ha offerto Sato. "Speriamo di poter vedere questi miglioramenti al Four Continents".
    "Cercherò di rimanere concentrati e pattinare del mio meglio al Four Continents", ha detto Imai.

55 replies since 22/11/2010, 22:58   1202 views