Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final - Quebec City (CAN)
    376191_314376335253981_255007411190874_1156552_1018080066_n

374920_315750808449867_255007411190874_1160555_130575494_n 386323_315774968447451_255007411190874_1160661_332251883_n

Edited by Andrea Rika - 12/12/2011, 18:27

2. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Intervista durante un Magazine sportivo realizzato da Teledeporte (14/12/11)

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/conexio...-12-11/1273278/

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Articolo di giornale spagnolo su di lui, per coronare il bronzo al GP ^^
    376062_311808722182693_189956894367877_1001878_527831902_n

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    CUP OF RUSSIA 2011

384859_301401136549797_100000397396437_1008642_1658085505_n 376249_301401239883120_100000397396437_1008643_1530176466_n 389404_302158443140733_100000397396437_1010361_681375909_n

390445_299267493429828_100000397396437_1003024_1230985089_n 384145_299755343381043_100000397396437_1004266_684397066_n

380401_302158489807395_100000397396437_1010363_1511150574_n 393634_301401119883132_100000397396437_1008641_2072705993_n 392615_302158469807397_100000397396437_1010362_1022029142_n

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Fernández makes figure skating history – again
    January 1, 2012 - by Tatjana Flade
    Photo © Robin Ritoss

fernandez_0112
    Javier Fernández made figure skating history this season when he became the first Spanish skater not only to medal at the ISU Grand Prix (GP) of Figure Skating, but to qualify for the GP Final. There, he reached the podium again and took the bronze.
    “I am just so happy,” the 20-year-old repeated in each press conference at the Final, looking stunned that he sat next to stars such as Canada’s Patrick Chan and Japan’s Daisuke Takahashi.
    “I didn’t even expect that when I started the season,” said Fernández, surprised by his success this fall. “I’m so happy that I can compete with the top skaters. I didn’t expect to go to the Final. Last year I wasn’t even close to the podium (in the Grand Prix). It was a big surprise this year.”
    “Everything is working well for me,” said Fernández of the competitions and practices.
    It wasn’t the first time the charismatic Spaniard made figure skating history. When Fernández placed 19th at the 2009 World Figure Skating Championships, he became the first male skater since 1956 from that country to qualify for the Winter Olympic Games.
    It appears he will have to get used to being one of the elite skaters that are fighting for the podium positions in each event.
    Figure skating fans were already paying attention to Fernández a few years back when he showed up on the scene with a big triple Axel. Since then, he has added the quad Salchow and toe to his repertoire. He also finished 10th at Worlds 2011 in Moscow, another first for Spain. At this point, the judges were taking note as well.
    “The components are going up,” observed Fernández. “I used to be a skater that got more points in the technical than in the components. Now it is almost the same.”
    “I was a new skater and it is a new country,” Fernández explained, referring to Spain as a new figure skating country. “It was really difficult. The judges don’t look at me with the same eyes because I was nobody from nowhere. So year by year it improved. Now everybody kind of knows me and it’s much easier to compete.”
    Fernández switched coaches at the end of last season, moving from Nikolai Morozov to Brian Orser. He is now training full-time in Toronto. However, he doesn’t feel that this change alone is the reason for his rise in the rankings.
    “I was improving before, too,” he acknowledged.
    The skater from Madrid decided to change coaches at the end of last season as he felt he wasn’t getting enough attention from coach Nikolai Morozov. When looking for a new coach, he and his federation quickly decided to ask Orser. The Canadian agreed, and Fernández says that he feels very happy working with him and others in his new club in Toronto.
    “I feel it’s extremely important that a skater at this level gets full attention,” said Orser. “I learned this from the past when working with Yuna Kim. We try to create an environment that is productive and happy. From the very beginning, communication is important. We discuss with skaters what their goals are and what they expect from us. It’s imperative that this foundation is established in order to move forward with any skater or team.
    “I feel that what we do that is special here (Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club) is that it’s a full service,” Orser added. “We don’t just give a 30 minute lesson. We pay attention to what the skater has to work on in all aspects.”
    “I think I got better in the components in the skating,” Fernández said. “I have been working on the components a lot. I mean, a lot! And on skating, skating, skating, and how to save energy when I’m skating. We are trying to work on if I’m tired, that I don’t have to look tired in the program. We are working on things that I didn’t use to work on. I’m really happy how we work together.”
    “I noticed his talents from years past,” said Orser. “When I agreed to work with Javier, I quickly did my research and I looked to see where he needed to improve. The jumps were there, however, his spins, transitions, skating skills, and other components needed to be addressed. It’s easy to get hung up on quads, but in order to compete at the top level, you need to have the full package.”
    The Spanish Champion has been consistently landing the quad toe and Salchow in competition this season, which obviously helped his score. He earned surprised looks from his competitors when he claimed that the quads were easy.
    “Yes, it was really easy, actually,” Fernández confirmed during the interview. “When I do my quads, it is almost the same for me to do a quad or a triple. At the end I get more tired because of the quads, but they are easy to do. I am pretty confident, even in practices. Before I wasn’t doing many quads in practice, but now I do a lot of them, like every day.”
    Currently, he doesn’t include two quads into his short program but doesn’t rule out this option for the future.
    “I feel if I put two quads into the short program, it is too much pressure,” Fernández explained. “For now I think it is still too much. They are jumps that I can do easy, but in my mind they are still not perfect. If I’m doing a triple loop, it is so easy in my mind that I know that I’m going to do it. Maybe afterwards I don’t do it or I fall, but in my mind I am sure I can do it, and this is not yet the case for the quads.”
    Fernández’s success also drew attention in Spain, a country where so far soccer is unrivaled as the number one sport.
    “Actually the media in Spain is really excited,” he acknowledged. “They are calling me and I’m in the newspaper and make the news which is not normal in Spain. They open the sports news with me. This is really interesting and I am so impressed. I don’t know how to make it work that ice skating can become a normal sport in Spain like it is in Russia or in Japan, where it is one of the top sports. For now, everybody is crazy about football. It’s going to be difficult to fight with football.”
    For sure, Fernández has already contributed a great deal in the sport of figure skating in Spain, and more is certain to come. He plans on competing at least until the Olympic Games in Sochi and perhaps even beyond.
    “For now I just want to keep working and see how it goes in the next two years,” he offered. “I’m just going to skate year by year and see how it goes at Europeans and Worlds.”
    Since moving to Toronto last summer, Fernández has adapted very well to his new living and training environment. He describes his off-ice life as fairly normal.
    “I live in my apartment, I really like the ice rink, I’m happy there, and I’m relaxed,” he divulged. “I live alone, do my own cooking, and clean my own house. I do everything myself.”
    His mother taught him how to cook.
    “When I was young, I loved to be with my mom when she was cooking, so I learned. I cook Spanish food, normal food,” Fernández noted, but admitted that paella, a traditional Spanish dish, is still too difficult for him to do.
    Fernández also likes to hang out with his new friends in Toronto and loves his play station.
    “I don’t do anything else much interesting. I don’t do other sports,” he said with a laugh. “Maybe one day I will decide to do something else, because in my ice rink there is curling, a swimming pool, and squash. Maybe one day if I get bored I will just join one of these sports. For now I’m not bored. I like what I’m doing.”
    He likes Toronto and it reminds him of New York. New York is special for him as his girlfriend, an ice dancer Cortney Mansour from Canada who competes with Daryn Zhunussov, is training there.
    “She did two Junior Grand Prix events and maybe they will go to Worlds as they are skating for Kazakhstan,” Fernández explained of Cortney, whom met while training in Hackensack.
    Competing in the Grand Prix Final was a big motivation for the Spaniard.
    “It is motivating for me to feel that right now I’m one of the top skaters in the world,” Fernández explained. “It makes me think that I have to keep working and that I have to work hard to be in the same spot next year. I’m going to work the best I can to be in the best position to stay on the podium.”
    His strong results in the Grand Prix has set Fernández up as a medal contender for the European Championships.
    “If everything goes well, I think I can be on the podium,” he acknowledged, “but I still have to keep working, because there are good skaters at the Europeans. I cannot relax. It won’t be easy.”
    “I think the biggest difference this year is that he believes in himself, ” said Orser. “When you believe in yourself, train with confidence, and have a supportive team behind you, anything is possible.”

Traduzione:
    Javier Fernández ha pattinaggio di figura la storia di questa stagione quando è diventato il primo skater spagnolo non solo di medaglia al Grand Prix ISU (GP) di Pattinaggio di figura, ma a qualificarsi per la finale GP. Lì, ha raggiunto il podio e ha preso il bronzo.
    "Sono così felice", il 20-anni, ripetuto in ogni conferenza stampa al finale, guardando stupito che si è seduto accanto a stelle come il Canada Patrick Chan e il giapponese Daisuke Takahashi.
    "Non ho nemmeno si aspettano che quando ho iniziato la stagione", ha dichiarato Fernández, sorpresi dal suo successo questo autunno. "Sono così felice di poter competere con i pattinatori in alto. Non mi aspettavo di andare in finale. L'anno scorso non ero nemmeno vicino al podio (nel Gran Premio). E 'stata una grande sorpresa di quest'anno. "
    "Tutto funziona bene per me", ha dichiarato Fernández dei concorsi e delle pratiche.
    Non era la prima volta che il carismatico pilota spagnolo fatto storia pattinaggio figura. Quando Fernández posto 19 ai Mondiali 2009 Figura campionati di pattinaggio, è diventato il primo skater maschile dal 1956 da quel paese a qualificarsi per i Giochi Olimpici Invernali.
    Sembra che dovrà abituarsi ad essere uno dei pattinatori elite che stanno lottando per il podio in ogni evento.
    Figura appassionati di pattinaggio erano già facendo attenzione alla Fernández alcuni anni fa quando si presentò sulla scena con un grande triplo Axel. Da allora, ha aggiunto il Salchow quad e punta al suo repertorio. Ha anche finito 10 ai Mondiali 2011 a Mosca, un altro primato per la Spagna. A questo punto, i giudici hanno preso atto pure.
    "I componenti stanno aumentando", ha osservato Fernández. "Ho usato per essere uno skater che ha ottenuto più punti nella tecnica che nei componenti. Ora è quasi la stessa cosa. "
    "Sono stato uno skater nuovo ed è un nuovo paese", Fernández ha spiegato, riferendosi alla Spagna come un paese nuovo pattinaggio di figura. "E 'stato davvero difficile. I giudici non mi guardi con gli stessi occhi perché ero nessuno da nessuna parte. Così anno dopo anno ha migliorato. Ora, tutti di tipo mi conosce ed è molto più facile per competere ".
    Fernández cambiato allenatori, alla fine della scorsa stagione, passando da Nikolai Morozov a Brian Orser. E 'ora di formazione a tempo pieno a Toronto. Tuttavia, egli non ritiene che questo cambiamento è la sola ragione della sua ascesa in classifica.
    "Mi stava migliorando prima, troppo", ha riconosciuto.
    Il pattinatore da Madrid ha deciso di cambiare allenatori, alla fine della scorsa stagione, come si sentiva che non era sempre sufficiente attenzione da allenatore Nikolai Morozov. Quando si cerca un nuovo allenatore, lui e la sua federazione rapidamente deciso di chiedere Orser. Il canadese d'accordo, e Fernández dice che si sente molto felice di lavorare con lui e gli altri nel suo nuovo club a Toronto.
    "Sento che è estremamente importante che un pattinatore a questo livello si completa attenzione", ha detto Orser. "Ho imparato dal passato quando si lavora con Yuna Kim. Cerchiamo di creare un ambiente che è produttivo e felice. Fin dall'inizio, la comunicazione è importante. Discutiamo con pattinatori che cosa i loro obiettivi e cosa si aspettano da noi. E 'imperativo che questa base è stabilito in modo da andare avanti con qualsiasi skater o team.
    "Sento che quello che facciamo che è speciale qui (Toronto Cricket, Pattinaggio e Curling Club) è che si tratta di un servizio completo", ha aggiunto Orser. "Non ci limitiamo a dare una lezione di 30 minuti. Prestiamo attenzione a ciò che il pattinatore deve lavorare su tutti gli aspetti. "
    "Penso che ho avuto meglio i componenti del pattinaggio", ha dichiarato Fernández. "Ho lavorato sui componenti molto. Voglio dire, un sacco! E su ghiaccio, pattinaggio, pattinaggio, e come risparmiare energia quando sono pattinaggio. Stiamo cercando di lavorare su se sono stanco, che non c'è bisogno di aria stanca nel programma. Stiamo lavorando su cose che non ho usato su cui lavorare. Sono davvero felice di come lavoriamo insieme ".
    "Ho notato il suo talento degli anni passati", ha detto Orser. "Quando ho accettato di lavorare con Javier, ho subito fatto le mie ricerche e ho cercato di vedere dove aveva bisogno di migliorare. I salti erano lì, però, il suo spin, transizioni, abilità sui pattini, e altri componenti necessari per essere affrontate. E 'facile da ottenere appeso in quad, ma per poter competere ai massimi livelli, è necessario avere il pacchetto completo ".
    Il campione spagnolo è stato costantemente atterraggio la punta quad e Salchow in concorso in questa stagione, che ovviamente ha aiutato il suo punteggio. Ha guadagnato sembra sorpreso dai suoi concorrenti quando ha affermato che il quad erano facili.
    "Sì, è stato davvero facile, in realtà," Fernández ha confermato durante l'intervista. "Quando faccio il mio quad, è quasi lo stesso per me di fare un quad o una tripla. Alla fine ottengo più stanco a causa del quad, ma sono facili da fare. Sono abbastanza fiducioso, anche nelle pratiche. Prima non stavo facendo quad molti, in pratica, ma ora faccio un sacco di loro, come ogni giorno ".
    Attualmente, non si comprende due quad nel suo programma breve ma non esclude questa opzione per il futuro.
    "Mi sento se metto due quad nel programma corto, è troppa pressione", ha spiegato Fernández. "Per ora penso che sia ancora troppo. Sono salti che io possa fare facile, ma nella mia mente non sono ancora perfetti. Se sto facendo un ciclo tripla, è così facile nella mia mente che so che ho intenzione di farlo. Forse dopo non lo fanno o cado, ma nella mia mente sono sicuro che posso farlo, e questo non è ancora il caso dei quad ".
    Successo Fernández ha anche richiamato l'attenzione in Spagna, un paese dove fino ad ora non ha rivali calcio come lo sport numero uno.
    "In realtà i media in Spagna è davvero entusiasta", ha riconosciuto. "Mi stanno chiamando e io sono sul giornale e fare le notizie che non è normale in Spagna. Aprono le notizie sportive con me. Questo è davvero interessante ed io sono così impressionato. Io non so come farlo funzionare che il pattinaggio su ghiaccio può diventare uno sport normale in Spagna, come è in Russia o in Giappone, dove è uno degli sport top. Per ora, tutti sono pazzi per il calcio. E sarà difficile lottare con il calcio. "
    Di sicuro, Fernández ha già contribuito moltissimo nello sport del pattinaggio artistico in Spagna, e più è sicuro di venire. Ha intenzione di competere almeno fino ai Giochi Olimpici di Sochi e forse anche oltre.
    "Per ora voglio solo continuare a lavorare e vedere come va nei prossimi due anni", ha offerto. "Sto solo andando a pattinare di anno in anno e vedere come va a europei e Mondi".
    Dopo essersi trasferito a Toronto la scorsa estate, Fernández si è adattato molto bene alla sua nuova vita e l'ambiente di formazione. Egli descrive la sua off-ice vita abbastanza normale.
    "Io vivo nel mio appartamento, mi piace molto la pista di pattinaggio, sono felice qui, e io sono rilassato", ha divulgato. "Vivo da sola, fare la mia cucina, e pulire casa mia. Faccio tutto io. "
    Sua madre gli insegnò a cucinare.
    "Quando ero giovane, mi piaceva stare con mia madre mentre stava cucinando, così ho imparato. I cuocere il cibo spagnolo, cibo normale ", Fernández notato, ma ha ammesso che la paella, un piatto tradizionale spagnolo, è ancora troppo difficile per lui da fare.
    Fernández piace anche uscire con i suoi nuovi amici a Toronto e ama la sua play station.
    "Non faccio altro molto interessante. Non faccio altri sport ", ha detto con una risata. "Forse un giorno deciderà di fare qualcosa di diverso, perché nella mia pista di pattinaggio c'è il curling, una piscina, e squash. Forse un giorno se mi annoio mi limiterò a far parte di uno di questi sport. Per ora non mi sono annoiato. Mi piace quello che sto facendo. "
    Gli piace Toronto e gli ricorda di New York. New York è speciale per lui come la sua fidanzata, una ballerina di ghiaccio Cortney Mansour dal Canada, che compete con Daryn Zhunussov, vi è la formazione.
    "Ha fatto due Junior Grand Prix e forse andranno a mondi come sono pattinaggio per il Kazakistan", ha spiegato Fernández di Cortney, che ha incontrato durante la formazione in Hackensack.
    Competere nel Gran Premio finale è stato una grande motivazione per il pilota spagnolo.
    "E 'stimolante per me sentire che al momento sono uno dei pattinatori più importanti al mondo", ha spiegato Fernández. "Mi fa pensare che devo continuare a lavorare e che devo lavorare duramente per essere nello stesso posto l'anno prossimo. Ho intenzione di lavorare il meglio che posso per essere nella posizione migliore per rimanere sul podio. "
    I suoi ottimi risultati nel Gran Premio Fernández ha creato come un contendente medaglia per i Campionati Europei.
    "Se tutto va bene, credo di poter essere sul podio", ha riconosciuto, "ma devo ancora continuare a lavorare, perché ci sono atleti bravi a gli europei. Non riesco a rilassarmi. Non sarà facile ".
    "Penso che la differenza più grande di quest'anno è che crede in se stesso", ha detto Orser. "Quando credi in te stesso, in treno con fiducia, e hanno una squadra di sostegno dietro di te, tutto è possibile."

6.     +2   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Fan Art su Javier =)
    per i programmi del 2011

216618_10150564733715727_560450726_18266499_2122983_n 216618_10150564733720727_560450726_18266500_6861578_n

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Fernandez parla in merito agli europei
    Video
    Taking a break at the Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club, Spain's Javier Fernandez speaks to CBC Sports' Pj Kwong about his training, his goals and the upcoming 2012 European Figure Skating Championships.

8. |•~ B e 94|
        +1   -1

User deleted

EUROPEANS 2012 - SP

407822_10150737508897538_598642537_12542805_2030987493_n

<3 <3 <3 <3

9.     +2   +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Non ti arrendere Javi!!!
    Il prossimo Europeo sarai uno dei protagonisti assoluti!!!
    423652_182431928523930_111778445589279_234509_359849810_n

10. •Silvy on Ice~
        +1   -1

User deleted

European Championships 2012 - SP

06c6b8175504548 3d8e7b175504564 jpg 77f68a175504600 b19e62175504612

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Europei 2012
    423311_10150624718224797_658264796_9110732_1728903634_n 419486_10150624758724797_658264796_9110963_1241003182_n

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Fernandez sta provando il QUADRUPLO LOOP!

Per ora è uscito solo un video su facebook
    www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151426536830727

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Javier Fernandez: “I like to try something new every year”
    By Barbara Castellaro, special to World Figure Skating
    Preview by Vladislav Luchianov

fernandez-300x162
    This guy is very passionate, fascinating and extremely friendly. Sometimes it seems like he came to us from some Goya’s time: he draws images on the ice, plays with his public, gives light and shadows, because in sport as well as in the art, the shadows are no less important than the light. This guy also knows how to conquer and surprise the audience. His name is Javier Fernandez, the skater who is putting Spain on the world figure skating map.

Fernandez finished fourth at his first competition of the season, the 2011 Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany. In an interview after the event, he said that he would continue to train in Canada, with David Wilson and Jeffrey Buttle. Fernandez and Orser said that they were working on keeping energy and improving spins, skating skills and transitions.

His events for the 2011/12 Grand Prix season were Skate Canada and Rostelecom Cup. At the 2011 Skate Canada, Fernandez took the lead after the short program over Japan’s Daisuke Takahashi and Canadian Patrick Chan. He finished second in the free skate and took the silver medal overall, exceeding his combined total personal best by over 30 points. He became the first Spanish skater to win a Grand Prix medal.

At the 2011 Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, he finished fourth in the short program and first in the free skate finishing second overall, with an overall score of 241.63 points, only 0.03 behind gold medalist Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu. Fernandez became the first skater of Spain to ever qualify for the Grand Prix Final when he qualified for the 2011/2012 event. In Quebec City, Canada he was third in the short and fourth in the free skate to win the bronze, and in so doing, became the first Spaniard to medal at a Grand Prix Final.

At the 2012 European Figure Skating Championships in Sheffield, England Fernandez was fourth after the short program and seventh in a free skate. He improved his Euro Champs results taking the sixth place overall.

Javier kindly accepted our offer to answer some questions.

The European Championship in Sheffield… The 6th place… What do you think about your performances there?

J. Fernandez: I think I could give more than I did, but this competition taught me that I cannot fell asleep and is going to help me to do my best at Worlds.

Russia’s Evgeni Plushenko came back once again and won the gold medal in Sheffield. What do you think about it?

J. Fernandez: He is and he will be the legend, he had skates many years and he had won a lot of important medals in his career.

Now you’re working with Brian Orser, Jeffrey Buttle and David Wilson. Can you tell us about your trainings in Canada and also about your life there?

J. Fernandez: I also want to add Tracy Wilson like one of my coaches. There is a great group to work on, if one is busy another one spends time with me and show the right way to do everything. All of them are great coaches with an amazing mind and incredible positive energy. My life in Canada is easy, I live alone, cook alone… I like Canada a lot and I think the people are friendly and warm here.

What could you tell us about your experience with Nikolai Morozov?

J. Fernandez: He is a great coach with a great mind; he helped me a lot in the time I was training with him. The only think I didn’t like about him is that he travels so much around the world.

Javier, let’s talk about your programs and costumes. This season you perform to “I love Paris” and “Petit Fleur” in the short and to Verdi’s music in a free skating. How do you choose the music? What kind of music do you like to skate to?

J. Fernandez: The music of this year is a choice of all of us, Brian, David and me. We decide together. I like to skate all kinds of music, but I can say you that I like to try something new every year. As for costumes – it’s another choice of all of us, same as the music.

The World Championships in Nice… Your objectives…Your goals…

J. Fernandez: Like I always say I want to do my programs good, I want to be happy with them. I have been working hard and I’m ready to beat the 10th position I had in the last year.

Your favourite skaters… In the past and in the present.

J. Fernandez: When I was young I used to like Plushenko; now I can say that my favorite is Patrick Chan, his skating in just amazing: transitions, skating skills, absolutely everything. I think he is the most complete skater we ever had in this sport.

Javier Fernandez and his free time… What do you like to do? I read that you like football and that your favorite team is Real Madrid

J. Fernandez: Yes, Real Madrid is my favorite team since I was very young. I like to do all different kinds of sports; games of Play Station; Skype with my friends, family and girlfriend; watch movies. I can say I like everything that keep me entertained.

You have a lot of fans. What would you like to tell to them?

J. Fernandez: They are very important to me. They give me energy, they give me happiness, and they give me a lot of things. I also want to say them a special thank you for following us everywhere, thank you all!

A few words about your thoughts about Sochi Olympics 2014.

J. Fernandez: I will be there fighting for a medal if god let me arrive in health.

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status

.%2520Fernandez

15.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    mondiali 2012
    538628_385755411449406_255007411190874_1363270_814086345_n

496 replies since 30/10/2010, 21:19   15736 views